Windows 10

So when are they gonna discontinue this piece of shit? It's obvious by the market share statistics that not a lot of people want it and most people who did get it either pirated it or upgraded from Windows 7/8.x when it was still free of charge to do so.

The malicious features aside (every Windows version had many of them), Microsoft really failed to deliver a no-nonsense and internally consistent operating system designed for easy use like they did repeatedly with Windows 3.11, 9x, 2000, XP and 7. They shoehorned an impractical design language in place of something that already worked well up until that point. They filled it to the brim with shit nobody wants or uses (Cortana, Windows store "apps"). They promised to return the start menu when users were pissed off about its removal in 8.x, only to give users the 8.x start menu again, but in a small box in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Why is Microsoft so disconnected from its users these days? Who allowed this to happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/microsoft-toolkit-official-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/
pastebin.com/raw/ELUQdsvx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's an issue most companies face
They are forced to focus on making money first, and a good product later.

What the users want isn't what makes MS money.
What does make a lot of money?
AD revenue
What what is win10 focused on?
Data collection and Advertising

I personally couldn't find a single feature window 10 had that I wanted.

Listing Windows 8 and 8.1 seperately triggers me. It's the same fucking OS and 8.1 was a service pack. It makes no fucking sense to break that one down and not do the same with every other version, listing numbers by service pack (or Anniversary/Creator's updates for Windows 10).

Blame Microsoft's own marketing.

>It makes no fucking sense to break that one down and not do the same with every other version, listing numbers by service pack (or Anniversary/Creator's updates for Windows 10).

Have you used them both (8 and 8.1)? I have and do think that the UI changes alone make it a completely different OS experience.

It has more than half the market share of Windows 7, A 8 year old OS within two years you dumb faggot

But MS had to literally force the win10 update.
They gave it away for free and people still didn't want it.

Furthermore, win 10 has LOST market share as many ppl rolled back to 7.

Yes, I used both as my main OS during their lifetime. And no, they don't. There have been more UI changes in Windows 10 in the past two years than there were from 8 to 8.1. Much of it barely resembles what shipped in 2015. Fixing a bunch of hideous design decisions in the UI doesn't constitute it being a whole new OS.

>Who allowed this to happen?
THIS IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, YOU FILTHY GOY! STOP SPREADING YOUR HATE-FILLED ANTI-SEMITISM AND UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 ALREADY!

That's because Win8 was so bad that they had to release a patch as soon as possible and pretend 8.0 didn't exist.

>install windows 10
>over 2 years download 100GB in updates of changes I'll never see because I use bblean

That how they've always done it since win95

Pajeets

>tfw had to wipe winblows 10 from most of my relative's computer's because all tye spyware was bogging down their dual-core athlon or celeron shitbirds with 2-4GB of RAM.

Fucking hell, I should start a business and charge to upgrade people's computers to windows 7.

B-but they said that winduws 10 was better for gaming !

Can't wait for all the Pajeets to make shittier and shittier software (both in a design sense and a in a physical sense) as they grow in number in Microsoft, much like a virus or a plague, so that Microsoft finally dies, it really seems inevitable.

When linuxbuntu or whatever make it compatible with friendly with other programs and stop being a product for autistics bobo rangers with too much free times
captcha: calle farthing

ubuntu is very friendly, you know nothing of what you speak of, wangblow.

Is not friendly to regular people as Windows. Also theres net applications.

nothing comfier than 8.0 with Windows Update completely removed/disabled.
>muh start button
pleb pls

it is friendly to regular people as windows, even more so at some parts

>including 7 in the list of good versions
No. This fruit's been rotten for a while already.
Take it or leave it.

This^

I'll use linux when it ceases being communist.

Never.

Windows in general is going to be discontinued soon. Most normies use their shit devices as their main computing devices these days anyway, and everyone else is smart enough to use GNU or *BSD.

Windows is dying. Netcraft confirms it.

Nice delusion

backwards compatibility is what haunts micro$oft
if they were more like Apple when it comes to that then maybe Windows would be a better OS

8.1 was perfect. It was even better than 7. Debate me.

Windows Ten is a fucking joke. I had high hopes for it after the huge failure that was 8/8.1 but no, M$ didn't learn. Instead we got another cluster fuck of an OS. Is it better than 8/8.1? Slightly, least they brought back the start menu but there's no way in hell I'll ever dump Windows 7 Ultimate x64 for it. Nothing worth the upgrade for. What the hell can Ten offer that could improve on Internet surfing,E-Mail, Photo/Music transfers which is all the average joe office/home user does with a pc anyway? Not a damn thing, some ways Ten is a big step back. Gaming? Nah, Unless your so fucking tied to DX12 games, which I don't got a single one, my last game I bought (UT2K4) was DX9.

>taking over 1/4 of the entire desktop OS market within 2 years
>not a wild success
You're retarded if you think normalfags don't like Windows 10.

They don't. Most were forced to update and the rest got that shit through OEMs.

Windows 10 is the bastard windows forced on people because money.

>bought a new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed
>immediately wiped harddrive and installed ubuntu
>but I still technically bought a copy of Windows 10
>literally every single desktop and laptop computer sold in stores comes with W10

this is how M$ makes the big bucks. they don't care if you use it, you're still going to buy it anyway.

(You)

Windows 7 is literally the new XP. It's never gonna go away.

7 being the new XP is a good way to describe it.
Neither 8 nor 8.1 nor 10 can match it, yet it's getting older and forcefully being removed.

Just like no newer windows can match XP, but lack of support killed it completely.
They are doing it again. For shame.

The majority of the people that switched were given a "free" (non-optional, forced) upgrade. The people that are on windows 7 specifically opt-ed out or weren't illegible and will likely remain there indefinitely. In fact windows 7's marketshare started growing again after the "free upgrade" program ended

>forced
? I had to specifically accept the offer to upgrade, you're not taking posts on Sup Forums as fact again are you?

The upgrade downloaded automatically if you didn't change the update settings and it nagged you with malware if you stuck around with an older version of windows. Also when it prompts you to upgrade the close button was interpreted mean that you accepted the upgrade even though no other application functioned like that. People would close the box thinking they dismissed the prompt and rebooted into something they didn't ask for.

I don't recall it working like that for me, it asked me if I wanted to upgrade and I said no.

>Why is Microsoft so disconnected from its users these days? Who allowed this to happen?

Like the malicous features, MS has always been disconnected from the serfs who were force to buy their software.

But in this case, a lot of the Windows 10's problem is how they are trying unify the traditional Wintel OS with the smartphone/tablet machines and thus the whole thing becomes a messy kludge.

nice joke, only autistic faggots sucking ms dick have liked anything after 7.

>mfw posting this from my comfy Win7 laptop

ads and spyware are not the problem, windows had it since xp sp2. tablet ui and inconsistency are the problem.

they are trying to force their failed mobile ecosystem on people much like google is doing with g+

i'm with you. the market penetration of windows 10 at this stage is decent. Windows 7 was a great os compared to past efforts so you're going to have more clingers. Feature wise, there is no real reason to switch to windows 10.

The only reason our company is upgrading is because more and more hardware we buy from dell, the more problems we face with windows 10 only hardware. Fucking m.2 nvme drives. What actual business justification would we have? azure? hyper-v?

I work at a local computer repair shop. The amount of people who had 7 or 8 but were forced upgraded to 10 is about half of all our customers.

The Windows 10 upgrade was legitimately malware.

>only autistic faggots sucking ms dick
So... Normalfags?

>Feature wise, there is no real reason to switch to windows 10.
What is UWP?

yes but the reddit kind, minority.

>nigro
cant make that shit up

shitty c# implementation that will never be faster than pure c implementation

>forced upgraded to 10
yeah its the same people who claim they "didn't click on anything" yet have all sorts of viruses and malware installed.

MS has no reason to try and support an old OS , the best it can do is learn from mistakes and move forward.

Also many businesses are on quite long upgrade cycles, if it ain't broke they are not spending a penny to fix anything.
At my work we have 15 inch monitors + office 2010 installed

Go buy RHEL if you feel like you have to pay money.

>I'd rather be raped up the ass by hyper-capitalist Billy Gates with his spyware-adrevenue collecting jews and pajeets rather than simply be left alone to do what I want with a commie's product

>he doesn't know about the Win10 upgrader interpreting the lack of a no as a yes

this is the operating system equivalent of Bill Cosby waking up next to you in bed

Bloated but fixable. I switched from 8.1 to 7 and never looked back. Never installed windows10.

Any other fictional events you want to tell us about?

Apparently the dialog interpreted closing the window to mean you weren't sure yet but then it scheduled you to upgrade anyway. You had to specifically cancel the future upgrade or it would just automatically assume you wanted windows 10.

>tfw your computer doesn't understand the definition of rape

having a good product is part of making money
they will be licking their wounds when they find out they dont have the monopoly they thought they had.

get on my level

I'm like you, except less RAM and I'm on 32-bit.

I stuck 4gb in this 10 yr old machine (cheap now), put a ssd in, updated to 64bit -- great performance and rock solid.

With all the ransomware going around and other shit, I put my parents on Ubuntu when their computer auto updated itself from 7 to 10. At my old job I had a good laugh when the same thing happened, a warning keep popping up on our milling machines (I'm a neet but I had a job in a factory making doors for a bit) and I could've disabled it but I wanted to watch the shit go down when the systems pushed win10, nfi why but it just fucked with everything and business crawled to a slow for a week until they got some tech dude from the mill machine company to come fix shit.

>It's the same fucking OS and 8.1 was a service pack.
That update was actually an in-place upgrade. It's as much a second OS as the server standard/R2 releases.

Pajeet pls.

The Enterprise LTSB version is the best version of win10? He dont have tbloatware.

No bloatware but still full of spyware.

Hey, an actual Windows 10 question: what programming languages come with it? All I can think of is Powershell, and the Javascript within Edge and IE.

One could use Powershell to build a Lisp interpreter like Mal (Make A Lisp; see Github), but if you for some hypothetical reason couldn't download something more effective, what else is on the install ISO?

Is win 10 LTSB a meme?

MS Toolkit
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/microsoft-toolkit-official-kms-solution-for-microsoft-products.28669/

en_windows_10_enterprise_2016_ltsb_x64_dvd_9059483
pastebin.com/raw/ELUQdsvx

I just got those, am I ready?

This is nothing new. Win10 is just being beta tested. Xp was awful until about sp3 or 4. Win2k wasn't all that great at first either. They go about 80% of the way to having a great product then release and patch like mad and play really aggressive with any outfits that might fill that 80% gap with products and actually create more industry. Ever notice that non-microsoft products work worse on windows than other platforms. Windows users won't notice this. Firefox works pretty good on linux but it sucks on windows but Edge works ok. Also non-microsft antivirus is always a nightmare but microsoft security essentials (or whatever it's called) works pretty good. They're just aggressive.

Where did you go to primary school OP? I want to know so I don't move to an area with such an obviously deficient school system.

Windows is a mature OS. There has been very little reason to upgrade since XP. Contrary to the freetard's "hurr dur the only people on 10 who had the OS forced on them", the stats for Vista and 8 clearly show that people can and do switch from bad versions. People are not switching from 10, they're switching to it.

Don't be daft. The stats for Vista and 8 are because of the laptop market and those devices' subsequent replacement and disposal. We had the exact same argument about Windows 8 four years ago and now look at it.

I don't understand how you can ship and support a product that littery performs different on multiple computers that are the same hardware

I spent a day setting up 3 windows 10 tablets and 2 out of the 3 were not able to reset themselves and failed after over 45 minutes after they failed and rebooted one out of the 3 failed to rotate back to its default position when the keyboard was connected

The third unit ingested every update ever and took almost 5 hours to apply them all and then roll back several

From a IT standpoint windows 10 is almost unsupportable on machines that come pre-installed

I bet the UWP version has hardware decoding enabled by default, unlike the regular version.
>how to shill for your shitty new "technology" 101

Windaids 7 is Vista sp2. Deal with it.