/sbc/ - Single Board Computers - Raspberry Pi

Do you own an SBC Sup Forums? What do you use it for? Do you intend to get one if you don't have one already? What do you expect to get out of the sbc? Any other ones you're considering besides RasPi?

Tell us.

Some relevant links:
raspberrypi.org

The homepage of the pi

raspberrypi.org/downloads/noobs/

And NOOBS, which is a OS installer for beginners and a great way to get started with your Pi.

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.rs-online.com/web/p/piezo-buzzer-components/1347294/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

hello :3

What's the best linux distro for a raspberry pi?

gentoo

Raspbian.

The official one. Raspbian.

jewbuntu on sbc? impressive.
NOOBS.

Armbian

so it's Armbian -> Ubuntu -> Debian :^)

pls don't hack my ip

I tried making a pip-boy local mapping feature with an ultrasound sensor. Unfortunately I was using the first pi and it was pretty bad. Had nothing but permission errors and then I found out it didn't have an accurate enough timer for it to work.

Anyone know where to buy a small speaker and attach it to Pi?
Basically, I'd like to continually run a script that pings some website and alerts me when the site is down. I'd like to then play an alarm wav when it does go down. I don't wanna send emails, sms etc... I'd like it to be self-contained.

Can someone tell me what I'd need to make this a reality?

usb speaker?

doesn't the pi have an audio jack?

yes but self-contained I guess means powered by the RPi too. No?

or just a simple buzzer over GPIO?

void linux or gentoo

they make a pretty decent paperweight

Yeah, I'd like something simple. I was told that RasPi doesn't have a powerful audio jack output so I wasn't sure I could just plug something in it that's not earbuds.

Basically, I'd like something really small... something that I can attach to the outside (or maybe inside?) of the case. It doesn't have to be super-loud.

What are my options? Are there any small buzzers/speakers that would fit inside of the case, for example?

I can't be the only one who came with this idea... there's gotta be some chinkshit for this...

Piezzo buzzers are fooking tiny meight
uk.rs-online.com/web/p/piezo-buzzer-components/1347294/

just like you're cock, m9

nice one m8erino

The easier shit is a usb powered speaker sold on the rpi merchant sites. They recommend turning volume down to 50% or less if you want to power it from the rpi.

whatever you package the proprietary broadcom blob with

I found this (and many variations of it) on chink sites.
How difficult would it be to attach this to raspi?

It's a piezo buzzer.

literally wire it up to the GPIO header
then write a small program to activate those certain pins when something happens

Is this actually usable as a mini pc?

yeah several - 2 racked in modded 1u chassis, 9 clustered, zero in this camera and another couple of zeros and Bs just kicking around

>sun8i
Stop buying chinkshit botnet.

fuck off reddit cancer

>cameras
what do u use it for?

been working fine since I got it familam

$20 :)

>Is this actually usable as a mini pc?
Yes. If you're not editing videos or playing 3D games, it will be very usable. you can find YT videos of ppl using them for daily work.

neck yourself pedo

that is not impressive

odroid ships with ubuntu

I can't for the pi2 unfortunately which is why I'm asking here

it's fine. Pi3 is not that much more powerful than Pi2.

I've tried using Pi3 as a casual machine, but I found the slow mSD read/write speed near-impossible to live with. Is this something that can be remedied with better mSD cards or replacing the slot entirely with something faster?

I meant pc2, fucking auto correct.

Here's my pi in mineral oil