Why are there not a lot of well planned cities? Where would you say has the highest concentration of them?

Why are there not a lot of well planned cities? Where would you say has the highest concentration of them?

USA
/thread

>Where would you say has the highest concentration of them?
US by far. Practically all your cities follow a grid.

i can see my house

What about walkable cities?

Just because they're in a grid, doesn't mean they are well planned. Grids have too many intersections for example.

that looks like a shithole

highly doubt that is the US

Read the filename dipshit

This guy plays Cities Skylines

I like grids, they're orderly and easy to navigate. A lot don't look very nice though, I'll give you that.

well planned cities are boring and lifeless

It depends. St.Petersburg seems pretty lively. Especially for a Russian city

Well planned cities are mostly new and most european cities are old so definitely not Europe.

literally iluminatti tier

Where is this?

> well planned
> USA

"heh"

Because most cities in Europe and Asia are hundreds of years old and a lot of the roads and structures were just built on top of pre-existing ones. The result is a clusterfuck.

USA and Canada have really well-planned cities because they're pretty new so your ancestors planned ahead instead of being lazy cunts like ours.

OPEN THE 15 GATES JIMMY

The cities not covered in parking lots are actually fine.

>tfw Santiago is over 450 years old

all american cities are designed for cars, not good planning

not at all, San Francisco New York ect are a huge pain in the ass to drive in because of the narrow streets and traffic

Isn't Singapore called the Disneyland With The Death Penalty

Well, one thing is how the grid looks from above, for example Santiago's gov house and the avenue looks like shit from above, but if you see them at ground level, you are in for a surprise.
Urban planning is not something you decide out of the nothing, Europe has cities that already followed a plan of construction since the Middle Ages. Back then, the churches ruled the urban center, and people would knew where did they stand because all you had to do was to look to the sky and search for the tallest building, even though the streets were small. People would then start over and evict a few house to modernize everyhting, see Napoleon III and Haussmann's renovation of Paris for example. It was quite hard to pull, because you already had a city there.
In the USA, it's easier to do, because urbanism already started when they go there. You can see carefully planned cities, and you must consider the distance between them in America. America is way bigger than Europe, and some cities must follow an urban planning according to that, because some services won't be near your town.
Anyway, USA is really important to urbanism because it's like starting in a new canvas after learning how to build a city.

many cities in latam are so old they followed the town square model of the catholic middle ages

La Plata.

The average San Francisco street isn't narrow.

The average SF street is a Ph.D. dissertation in Geology waiting to be vetted