Radeon Pro SSG btfo'd by Quadro P6000

tweaktown.com/news/58669/nvidia-beats-amd-real-time-8k-video-editing/index.html

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-ultrasharp-32-8k-monitor-up3218k/apd/210-alez/monitors-monitor-accessories
twitter.com/anthony256/status/894451057656385537
tweaktown.com/news/58669/nvidia-beats-amd-real-time-8k-video-editing/index.html
kingston.com/datasheets/DCP1000_us.pdf
tweaktown.com/news/58670/4-amd-radeon-pro-wx-9100s-require-2-1250w-psus/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=2ad-HzVRFbs
rbt.asia/g/search/text/"AYYMD HOUSEFIRES"/
rbt.asia/g/search/text/"AYYMDPOORFAGS"/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

we already know it has 1tb of ram that costs almost as double as the card

so whats the point of shilling?

>8k video is a thing
>8k display is not
Woah. It's like you invented a super great seat belt for flying cars. It sounds perfect except no one can use it because there are no flying cars.

Or you know, master copies.

These cards have been out for months, why is Nvidia suddenly pushing and advertising 8K video editing? No one talked about it before.

dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-ultrasharp-32-8k-monitor-up3218k/apd/210-alez/monitors-monitor-accessories

This is the 24GB VRAM Quadro P6000

cause they are about to lose RED to amd
tl dr red has a monopoly when it comes on render farms pretty much every movie that needs cgi goes to them
this is a system with 1TB OF RAM 64gb of ram with ecc costs 700 you do the math

Wait where did you guys get the 1TB of RAM info?

its the minimum for a cached run assuming the length of the video they posted is that one and assuming its a true 8k video..

nvidia got caught with their pants down as did intel this year
check what the RED ceo said when he tested the ssg
www facebook com/jarred.land/posts/10154878409465415?comment_id=10154878470535415¬if_t=like¬if_id=1501276190497990

Working natively inside Adobe, the SSG caches full raster 8K R3D's into it's massive on-card 2TB storage and frame-throws them out in realtime. And this is just their alpha build.
I had Dan Duran do a little side by side test last night against a Titan XP on a throw-away 4-core 16gb system and the results are insane. Take a note on system resources in the video.

let us recap a bit

for an equal nvidia machine you will need
a beefy cpu threadripper+ a quadro p6000 1-2tb of ram and a big ass enterprise raid 0 solution
lets just go with amd here cause its cheap
1k bucks for a 16c 7k for quadro 12k for the 1tb ram 24 if you go for 2tb and 5 to 8k depending he ssd you gonna buy x2
on the other hand you dont need neither a big ass ram not a good cpu just a fast raid0 configuration since the ssg is doing literally everything while the system just sits there

samefag here
just saying 99% of the people that replied to the guy are cgi artists just imagine what that means

This. It should be 2 TB what the fuck.

For a short demo just to show it running in real time they likely didn't need that much

It's does that with hilariosly costly system that also has abysmally low compute density?
That's not how you win render farms.
I smell JHH's damage control from miles away and that's it, his ass is on fire.

Also SSG launch is on 12th of September.
Did jacketman himself write this article?

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

AYYMD IS FINISHED & BANKRUPT

AYYMDPOORFAGS CONFIRMED ON SUICIDE WATCH

Probably. Even Linus showed that the p6000 can't handle 8k in real time. Two p6000s in fact.

t. Jensen
Come on you arrogant fuck admit you lost visualisation and render farms to AMD and move the fuck on.
I don't want another "SKL-SP slide deck"-tier embarrassment, now from nvidia.

>Quality: Low
wew

I'm actually editing an 8K video right now and this test/article is nonsensical to me. High res raw video is pretty much 100% i/o-limited. nvme raid, massive amounts of ram. The GPU isn't that important.

dumbass

That's why SSG is so nice. It attaches NVMe driver directly to GPU. Lower latency, higher bandwith. Exactly what you need for 8k editing.

That's the whole point of it. It has a NVMe SSD connected directly to the GPU.

quadro has nvme connected to itself?

It has 64GBs of RAM
twitter.com/anthony256/status/894451057656385537

We're talking SSG you moron.
Goydro is DOA for visualisation.

yeap total BS unless the video was 5 seconds

What drives does it use? 3 NVMe in raid0?

Everyone with a brain knows how the SSH works. It uses HBCC.

That faggot sounds so butthurt, totally not biased lmao.

He needs to do his job because jacketman is not going to pay him otherwise.
You shill or you die.

Didn't you notice the update at the beginning of the article?

Nvidia is pulling some jewery again, have they ever tried to do the best thing for the consumer?

Home News Video Cards Potty training vs. bedwetting? If your child is dry during the day but wet at night, try GoodNites® Bedtime Pants with more absorbency than the leading training pant. Ad by GoodNites NVIDIA beats AMD with real-time 8K video editing NVIDIA has real-time 8K video editing handled by a single Quadro P6000 graphics card By: Anthony Garreffa | Video Cards News | Posted: 4 hours, 56 mins ago Comment | Email to a Friend | Font Size: AA Update: I've talked to AMD about this article since it went live, and I've been informed that something isn't right here - and that the new Radeon Pro SSG will wipe the floor with NVIDIA's Quadro P6000 graphics card. AMD has promised to send me a Radeon Pro SSG when it launches to do my own in-house testing against the P6000 with real-time 8K video editing, something that is meant to be only capable on Radeon Pro SSG.

Read more: tweaktown.com/news/58669/nvidia-beats-amd-real-time-8k-video-editing/index.html

ok according to kingston nvidia used this one
kingston.com/datasheets/DCP1000_us.pdf

tweaktown totally forgot to say that they have 2 pcie raid 0
so quadro p6000 7k bucks 64gb 700 bucks 2 dcp1000 2.5k bucks
and even with that ssd the cpu was hitting 50% ....

???
Do you have mental issues?

WHAT

Nvidia wants you to buy their $6000 GPU, + 2 $1000 SSDs, put them into RAID 0 using 3 of your motherboard's PCI-e slot, instead of buying one SSG that does the same job and gives you 2TBs of cache vs 800GB.

Can someone explain why anyone would buy the nvidia solution unless they were 100% locked to CUDA for something?

according to amd every single renderer out there is being worked up to support ssg

cuda is finished already everything that is locked up always ends up dead

Also the nvidia system requires more RAM used and more CPU usage potentially

there is no potentially we know it needs since it uses ssd

Windows display scaling at 8k. No thanks.

That monitor isn't for you user

Where is the RAID 0 info from? I only see one SSD in that system in the kingston video

I only asked why did you quote that entire part of the article. Also it doesn't sound shilling to me when the guy said it sounds fishy and talked to amd about further tests.

because most of the people in the thread won't bother to go read the update

cause 7000mb/s isnt enough when you arent using it as cache
unless as i said this system is being built around nvlink which im pretty sure its not

I know right. I use a triangular pixel array at 2k since I look at TEM images all day. No windows for me.

I only see one SSD in that system, so I suppose we'll have to wait for an update

we havent seen the system first of all we only know is uses this ssd

the comments are dumb as fuck. as if an i/o starved quadro would do any better.

STOP KIDDING YOURSELVES, AYYMDPOORFAGS

NO ONE IS BUYING SSG HOUSEFIRES GARBAGE

I like how they say that even if you use a quadro, you still need an amd cpu for it to work. Nvidia is in panic mode.

tweaktown.com/news/58670/4-amd-radeon-pro-wx-9100s-require-2-1250w-psus/index.html

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

Nvidia is not in any panic mode, their GPUs are extremely power efficient while AYYMD has 0 market share and like Rypoo crashing due to bad bugs, extremely unproven garbage

Keep lying to yourself though if that makes you feel better

>left out any mentions of glue
4/10 the best I can give you.

>AMD's demo of the Radeon Pro SSG was stuttering in front of our eyes, with the AMD representative saying that the Radeon Pro SSG was an early prototype board - understandable. But then he added that the 2TB SSD needs to have its cache cleared "every hour or so" as it "fills up". Hmm, OK - weird... why not just clear it and show us 8K editing in real-time, as the sign next to AMD's system said.

>Then on top of that, AMD said that the drivers weren't polished yet, another reason for the stuttering and no real-time 8K video playback at 24FPS. AMD's demo was dropping into the 14-15FPS mark, and given those excuses... NVIDIA's graphics prowess is a testament to their hardware handling next-gen 8K video editing.

humm

3/10, try harder next time

Uhhh

youtube.com/watch?v=2ad-HzVRFbs

Nvidia is giving you full performance today smooth no stuttering while SSG is stuttering even with 2GB SSD on it

TOP KEK, AYYMDPOORFAGS

>quality: low

Bettynho has gone rabid.

You literally live on this board and anti-AMD shill. Like this is your fucking job or something. This is just beyond pathetic at this point, you could be replaced with a fucking spambot.

rbt.asia/g/search/text/"AYYMD HOUSEFIRES"/
rbt.asia/g/search/text/"AYYMDPOORFAGS"/