Internet speedtest thread

internet speedtest thread
how fast are you Sup Forums?
just upgraded

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amundsen–Scott_South_Pole_Station#Communication
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>fios finally came to my building

good feel. nyc here, $70 a month can't complain.

$30 a month. 5gb data cap. "LTE". This is the signal I get downtown.

>phone poster
Reee

My phone is simply better in all ways than my laptop. Better RAM, Processor, etc. I'm a poorfag.

Holy shit. I live like 15 minutes from you.

It doesn't make sense to me how a small, shitty, ghetto town like Cicero is prioritized for Gigabit fiber internet, but the affluent parts of the Chicagoland region such as Orland Park and Oak Brook don't even have fiber.

hahaha

user...where do you live?

United Kingdom

90/18 in italy . I pay 35 euro EVERY 28 days , these jews in italy came up with a nice scam so you basicly pay 13 MONTHS instead of 12 .

4g, no caps, 150/50 max, 30€ a month + 10 for open ports & static ip

Varies around 20-60.

100 USD a month, but cableTV is included. Only 50/10 line. Norway.

Which country and why is 4g so expensive

>no fiber
What are using then, docsis 3.1 ?

$12 a month

4g has no standard, just a buzzword for companies to advertise.

$120 AUD a month capped at 1TB

Here's my super fast NBN broadband speed.

Oi mate you are getting ripped off

Must be DOCSIS 3.0 as 3.1 should have better upload bandwidth.

$70/month FiOS

Australia has data caps on top of their shit internet infrastructure? God damn you boys get fucked.

Docsis 3.0 bonds several cable channels together for download and fewer channels together for upload. 3.1 bonds 1 big channel for upload and one big channel for download. I think with 3.0 it can be up to 24 6Mhz channels down (at least that is what the more advanced modems can handle) while 3.1 will send double that pipeline without any bonding - it is one huge contiguous region on the spectrum dedicated to internet access. Should be symmetrical up/down on 3.1

A neighborhood might not receive fiber for several reasons but more than likely it will within the next decade because fiber is cheaper in the long run. No more active components trying to squeeze dBs out of the line while maintaining decent signal quality

Yup, comcast in my area isn't even trying to hype up their DOCSIS service anymore, they're laying fiber for their FTTH.

Only if you're a fuckwit

Tfw FTTP unlimited bandwidth for $60 month

myRepublic always...

I heard in some area's they're forcing people who have FTTP to switch to FTTN. Hope this isn't happening everywhere, because ripping out an FTTP install to move the customer over to FTTN is downright malicious.

It's shit

FTTB $59.99, unlimited up and down

Check out MyRepublic or Exetel. You'll get a way better deal. I'm pretty sure MyRepublic does 100 down and no caps for 60 bucks.

>FTTB
We really need to stop creating new acronyms for the same shit.

We have FTTP, FTTH, FTTB, FTTC, FTTN

FTTP/FTTH/FTTB are all basically the same damn thing.
FTTP is Fiber to the premises
FTTH is Fiber to the home
FTTB is Fiber to the building

And FTTC/FTTN are the same thing as well
FTTC is Fiber to the Curb (or cabinet)
FTTN is Fiber to the Node

Fuck you

sorry :^)

>FTTH is Fiber to the home
>FTTB is Fiber to the building
In fairness, FTTB could be different from FTTH in the case of a large apartment building. Where FTTH would have the fibers going into a box in your apartment, FTTB could stop at a central box in the building with CAT5e going to individual apartments.
You're right on everything else though, all these acronyms meaning the same thing is shit.

Yeah, FTTB and FTTH should differentiate themselves in building size, but the end service to the customer is the same.

Further, some Australian ISPs treat FTTB the same as FTTH. (well your home is a building afterall)

How are they for speed and reliability? Am on cable at the moment and will swap to NBN in a few months time (it's available but prefer the higher download of cable). Was going to just go with telstra for NBN as they're our cable provider and own the current infrastructure for hfc in the area, but if other isps are better and for cheaper might be good. Pic related is what I currently get. Also NBN here is going to be over HFC same as current cable, not FTTN. Though I get the speeds I do despite being the last house on the cable line, approximately 6km from the exchange.

>Also NBN here is going to be over HFC same as current cable, not FTTN
What do you mean by this?

FTTN COULD be HFC (DOCSIS i'm assuming), or VDSL2 (or VDSL2+)

It just depends what copper implementation you want at the node.

>tfw fios is everywhere in your town but your neighborhood
>tfw you have to choose between cuckcast or fairpoint's DSL

Verizon bought 37 million miles of fiber optic cable back in april, cross your fingers and you might get some of it.

f-fuck you

I actually don't think Verizon owns the fiber around here anymore, but they were the ones to lay it out. NH infrastructure is cancer if you don't live in Manchester.

Well from when i looked up deployment in our area it says it's via HFC not FTTN (according to the NBN rollout map) So i'd be guessing DOCSIS? VDSL apparently is the one that's causing more trouble in terms of lower speeds (i.e. being limited to 25/5 plans if you are even remotely far from nodes/the exchange).

fair enough, in reality it's still FTTN, they're just using DOCSIS because it works at higher speeds over longer range than VDSL.

So your fiber node can be much further away if you're using a DOCSIS last mile.

Depends on where in the state you are, back in 2008 I think Verizon sold much of the northern part of the state to Fairpoint communications, and while Fairpoint does offer internet services, they aren't nearly as fast as Verizon.

the isp jews in this shithole will never offer gigabit speeds :(

>yfw the fucking south pole has better internet than your shitholes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amundsen–Scott_South_Pole_Station#Communication

They could dedicate one of the new WGS satellites to the job, but that's frankly overkill.

2.4Gbps simply isn't needed there.

how is this fair

Would you willingly work down there if you couldn't shitpost and torrent animu on your down time?

>cant shitpost
whats the point

$6 a month. 10 gb data cap. "LTE."

:| only options here are 3/4G or wired that comes from the cable tv socket

>or wired that comes from the cable tv socket
wut?
DOCSIS cable can get up to gigabit speeds.

250/20 is highest that they sell here. says eurodocsis 3.0 on the modem webui.

eurodocsis 3.0 can get up to 1.6gbps with 32 channels. Your ISP probably only uses 4 or 8 channels though.

>paying to open up your ports

1gbps down & 500 up for 10 euros a month

at least it's an option, plenty of ISPs close ports and wont even allow you to pay to open them.

gets worse every day

30 good boy points per month

these are the fastest speeds offered in my area, i don't know what plan it is though because i don't pay for it kek

why does ping correlate with speeds

€45 a month for 150Mb FTTH, could get up to 1Gb but have no use for it at the moment.

if it's ftth, why do they fuck you on upload?

They want you to upgrade to the 350Mb or 1Gb package so they can charge more.

Wow that's pretty gay. Just give people symmetric speeds, no reason not to if you're already doing FTTH.

>no reason not to

Yeah, it's pretty shit, there's no ISP providing Symmetrical download & upload in my area even though we are served by two different FTTH providers.

God damn, in the US you're only going to get FTTH in a few areas, but where it is available it's usually symmetric speeds.

My ISP has 50/50 or 1000/1000. $30 difference in cost.

SHA2017

Lucky, I don't understand only providing 50 on a Fibre line though, we have 80Mb VDSL as standard.

8.55 euros

They used to do 25/25, 50/50, 100/100, 150/150, 300/300, 500/500.

When they upgraded to 1000/1000 they got rid of all the other tiers though.

If you're an existing customer who previously had those other speeds however you can still switch back to them. But for new customers they only offer 50/50 or 1000/1000 now.