東亞/東亜/동아/East Asia

Chicken Feet Edition

Invited:
中華 China (大陆 Mainland, 臺灣 Taiwan, 香港 Hong Kong, 澳門 Macao)
日本 Japan
한국/조선 Korea
Moнгoл yлc Mongolia
Anyone interested in East Asia

FAQ

What are some good resources for learning East Asian languages?

Japanese:
See the Japanese thread: Korean:
youtube.com/watch?v=Fg4tlyqp2JE
howtostudykorean.com/unit0/
talktomeinkorean.com/curriculum/
mykoreancoach.com/korean-listening-training/
dongsa.net/

Mandarin:
learnnc.org/lp/pages/6427
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/pronunciation/
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/
mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php

Other Languages:
Ask in the thread. Even if it’s obscure, someone will probably have some suggestions.

Isn't Sup Forums blocked in Mainland China?
No, likely because so few Chinese come to Sup Forums, Sup Forums itself isn't blocked. However, because Google services are throttled and the captcha is owned by Google, in order to post, Chinese posters must use a Sup Forums pass to bypass the captcha, as it never loads. Chinese IPs are also blocked from posting on Sup Forums without a pass.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@JasonShen/what-it-s-like-to-live-work-and-date-as-an-asian-man-in-america-f1371d3770ee#.ymuv0xr5v
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like China.

Anyone else here like China?

China is quite nice. Have you been there?

Who diaspora here?

A/s/l/motherland/foreign born or fob

23, m, Chicago, Taiwan, American

>tfw I fell for the white girls meme

Me :3

Nope! Tell me about it.

Also is Chinese really that hard to learn?

You didn't do anything I asked you to do you fuck

Why are you so rude? I was only answering your question ;~;

Great place, great food, of course it has its negatives though.

Chinese is difficult but if you're interested in and serious about learning it, it's definitely possible.

It was just a prank bro

So we're u born in Malaysia? Are ur parents from China? What's good for chinks in SEA

>great place

I just came back from suzhou, the "most developed city in China". China has always and will always been a smog filled shit hole. The people suck and are gross.

If you like Chinese shit, go to Taiwan or Singapore or Hong Kong. Don't fall for the China meme

>chinese is difficult
I'll learn it after I learn the easier Asian languages... Which would be, I think, Malaysian, Indonesian, Japanese, etc.?

Born here, same with my parents. I think my great grandparents are from the mainland. It's pretty comfy being a chink here since there's a lot of us and I get
to enjoy some Malay food too

>suzhou
>most developed city
Suzhou is developed for sure, but most developed probably goes to Beijing or Shanghai.

>China has always and will always been a smog filled shit hole
It's a result of economic development and industrialization. The Chinese government is well aware of the problem and pours billions into improving it, though it's not going to go away any time in the near future. Look at LA - it was quite polluted in the 50s and 60s.

I've heard Filipino is not as difficult as other Asian languages, but really you should just learn whichever you're the most interested in.

Nice to see another 台客 here.
23/m/Vancouver/Taiwan/Been in Canada for 13 years. Now a PhD student in condensed matter. Actually just got back from a workshop held at 台大 with my advisor.
I get to enjoy the academic freedoms of Canada's educational system while retaining some working knowledge of classical Chinese literature. I'd say immigrating at a young age is the best option for children from Taiwan desu, as opposed to giving birth here or immigrating at an older age.

What are you guys learning about East Asia? Can be anything- food, art, history, literature. Come on, don't just be another ignorant shitposter, educate yourself on something!

I've been trying to be a hipster and making my own noodles. So the past week i've been trying to perfect my noodle dough which is difficult cause alot of material is in dense Mandarin. So far my dough is too tough, I think salt content is probably the key. Apparently there's a chinese saying: "盐是骨头碱是筋", which means "salt is the bone and alkalis (like lye water) is the tendon of the noodle". So i've probably been adding too much salt.

What are your feelings towards ang moh? I spent a few months in Singapore, and I'm looking to move back in the next few years.

Eh it depends. Me, i've been around the world too much to think anything different of white people- they're just people. But i can't say the same for the rest of us. In the same way that ang mohs are ignorant about Asia, singaporeans are ignorant about europe and other white countries. So they might lump all of you into the same boat. There's the usual fetishization of whites among some people, and conversely super racist Asians.

It's a mixed bag. I suggest you just get to know people and then judge yourself.

Currently I am trying to learn Japanese. Maybe Korean a few years later.

21/M/half HK-Jap born and raised in Sweden, studying in Japan.

I feel you on the whole white girl meme thing.

Making bread....literally since my mom forced me into it

What is the white gurl meme?

White girl meme is when you live in a city/country in which white people are readily avaliable.

In Chicago for instance, I generally have 0 chance with Asian girls. The ones that don't have boyfriends want white dudes, and the ones that don't want white dudes want rich chinks.

By default now, I'll completely dismiss Asian girls at parties or nightclubs. But if a hot white girl pays me any attention, Ive got an instaboner the entire time.

There are more white girls willing to meme fuck an Asian, so for now, I've fallen for the white girl meme. Asian girls don't like me, so I don't like them. And the worst part is, the Asian American girl community gives you unreal amounts of shit for "race mixing with whites". I get dirty looks from Asians on the train when I was still with my gf for instance. And they say all this even though they're the world's biggest hypocrites

My favorite kinds of girls are the halfies with daddy issues. Typically most half white half Asian people in America have white fathers and Asian mothers.

Although I've never been with one, I think it'd be cool as fuck. Those Asian mom's are probably happy to see an American chink who speaks perfect Chinese in their daughters lives finally

>ungodly mix of Chinese Japanese and Swedish

I'm about it dawg. I ask this to most halfies, which friends do you find yourself hanging out with more?

I had a big chink squad in high school but most of my friends are white now

Holy shit...is it really that bad for Asian men in America? I always assume that a lot of the AF-WM pairings involve the Asian girl bring some SJW or Westernized or the White male being some beta. Most of the girls I know with white boyfriends overseas tend to be SJW-ish or in the case of one of them...kinda chubby. I like yandere-ish girls for some reason now after browsing Sup Forums. Religious girls who are Pervy deep down are kinda my thing too :3

In Japan, most of my friends are exchange students, as in Americans and other Europeans. Chinks here are mainlanders that hate the shit out of me for being mixed, born overseas and being shit at Mandarin. I speak Cantonese fluently though. Japs think I'm just a regular Jap so they rarely talk to me. Unless they find out I was born overseas and speak English.
Back in Sweden, I have a chink squad that I'm tight as fuck with, but in general I think I have more white friends.

I've only dated Asian girls twice, and they were both Koreans studying in Japan. Both of them were insane. Japan has effectively killed my attraction towards Asian girls.

In my opinion, the voice of the unheard and unsung Asian American voice is the artist David choe. Look him up if you want.

He's a Korean American artist that painted Facebooks office. He's also a degenerate addicted gambler, and chose to get paid in stocks instead of cash. A few years later when fb went public, his stocks were valued at like 200 million.

So what does the richest Asian do with all his time? Whatever the fuck he wants, including hosting a pod cast with a port star, and gambling millions of dollars per hand, and indulging in his sex addiction.

In his podcast he talks about life before money, and his life now. He puts it best: Asian men are just like black women: the lowest rated and desired of all people in America. For instance, in a city of 2.5 million, I've come across many Asian girls on tinder. Many of which are ugly as fuck, and (if I'm being realistic), a lot worse of a catch than I am. Yet I've to this day, not have a single Asian girl like my profile. Why would she want to fuck an Asian guy on a dating site when Chad thundercock is a click away.

That's why I'm falling for the white girl meme. Because that's the only place I can find success.

As for "just Manning up and not being a beta", I'm one of the most alpha Asians you'll ever meet. I'm crucially not afraid of rejection and also have a thick skin. To top it off, my banter game is on point. Girls have told me that they feel like they can talk to me for hours. But I've never even kissed an Asian girl before.

I am glad I don't get this impression when I was in the UK. Possibly due to most of the asians I see being foreign students and shit. That said, go to London Chinatown and the number of WM-AF couples you'll see shoot up. A lot are just average to below average though. Has David Choe used his money to try to woo Asian murican girls? oh, does the whole Asian girl likes white guy thing amongst the FOBs too or largely contained within the Westernized ones?

Huh, that's interesting. I feel like it's sorta the opposite in Sweden. Probably because there are so few Asians, most of them tend to stick to each other. Most Asian girls I know go for Asian guys.

I don't think it's any secret that when asked, Asian girls like white/foreign guys better than Asians. Most if not all will tell you that, and the statistics back it up. Over 90% of Japanese American women chose foreign men to be their partners.

I read this bit ago, it's an interesting read about Asian Americans

medium.com/@JasonShen/what-it-s-like-to-live-work-and-date-as-an-asian-man-in-america-f1371d3770ee#.ymuv0xr5v

>writing desperately long sentences
>working so hard in Sup Forums

I think that might be an American thing or more prevalent amongst Westernized or progressive ones though. But that's just based on my social circle anyways.

CHICKEN FOOT???????????