Why havent you Librebooted your thinkpad yet user?

Other urls found in this thread:

lewd.pics/f/c9ec2b60/vaporwave_awoo.png
lewd.pics/f/c9ec2b60/vaporwave_awoo_1280.png
lewd.pics/irc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because I'm running Windows on it, and libreboot doesn't support my thinkpad anyway.

I don't want crazy people behind the software I use

>using software made by a mentally unstable tranny
no thanks

I don't buy used computers.

Where did you get the JIS keyboard? Is there a vendor selling Librebooted x200 with the JIS keyboard option?

Fair enough, you proprietard.

I don't use software made by poo in loos, either.

I'm sure you could find a new one somewhere.

I got it on Aliexpress a while ago. In fact, I recently purchased another because the ribbon cable on this one has a short in it. Have to mess with it until it decides to function properly. Warning that "refurbished" usually means they cover it clear spraypaint that rubs off in two seconds to reveal it's real wear, and replace the trackpoint with a shitty chink one.

because unlike you I'm not a retarded child who falls for every Sup Forums meme they see to fit in

> implying mental unstability is a problem for a programmer

Fucking normie

I did this for my own gain. Privacy, and the knowledge of installation.

This desu.

>put an X61 mobo in a X60 case for that sweet 64bit core2duo
>visit libreboot.org eagerly anticipating cutting off a fraction of a second from my boot time
>X60 supported
>X200 supported
>X61 unsupported
>???
>flash middletons bios to ease the pain

/Thread

I asked one of the head devs why this is the case, and was basically told "Because it's hard". Roughly translated, I think he meant that developer support just isn't there for the chipset used on the X61. Sorry. ;(

No support for the glawk fowty

>Privacy
Where's the privacy come into play?

> a short circuit
that was bad and I know that feel 'cause I tried to replace my x200s keyboard and messed up by accidently cutting that fragile ribbon connector; those are too easy to be broken or cut.

> refurbished
I think those vendors selling librebooted thinkpads are using the term as saying not only to clean external but also to replace internal BIOS firmware to Libreboot.

Wallpaper?

no intel me

not OP but here you go.

Thank you I appreciate it.

I have but I'm to poor for x200 so I got the x60.

> Using trannyboot
No

Are there any advantages to libreboot besides freedoms?
Also how difficult is it to install?
I've been thinking about it but I've just never done it.

I'd heard that x60 has a palmrest heating issue caused from the internal Wi-Fi card. Is that issue improved in librebooted x60?

>buy T60 in hopes of librebooting it
>has ATI GPU
>thinking about the possibility of being able to libreboot a T61 for when I make my T601F
>have no idea if not using the Middleton's BIOS affects the frankenpad hardware
>go to buy X200 on ebay
>lose two auctions and all others are dodgy and/or overpriced
I'll be free someday, but not today.
Also
>"""""LEAH""""" FUCKING ROWE

>maga girl
And don't come(non-sexually) back until you know(sexually) who she is.

Probably a similar reason to: Now that I think about it, it is sad to see such a lack of support. Though, I genuinely believe it's for the fact that these devices just aren't used as often as the supported devices. The only reason the x200 has support is because it's one of the last Intel Chipsets without too many issues to warrant a release.

No Intel Management Engine!

How did you cut it? Yikes, I'd feel awful doing that. And no, refurbished as in the keyboards. The Librebooted X200's are in great condition from what I've seen.

This is an old one that i accidentally released: . Here ya go:

Still counts!

Faster boot times. Other than that, and freedoms, yeah. It's not hard to install if you have someone to hold your hand. I'm willing to help anyone if they need a walkthrough on what hardware to get and how to set up.

I don't think I can libreboot a T410

>No BIOS settings
I don't want to brick my computer or rely on the OS in case my boot goes wrong.

Additionally, the lack of ability to boot FreeDOS means that I need to reflash the BIOS externally in the case where I don't have access to a Linux-based flashing tool

The ー should be veritcal,

Thanks!

I don't have the tools to flash it. What do I need to libreboot a T420?

those mismatches and typographical errors are all included in that meme. Vaporware intentionally used those weird looking japanese symbols to show subcultural feelings.

waiting for the x220 support

should be out later this year

'cause there isn't a version for the bestpad yet.

Nice excuse, also shit meme owned by redditors and brown "Americans".

I've had an X200 since 2013, I got the chip clip that fits on the BIOS chip, and I finally even got some 2mm size jumper wires that fit on the chip clip's pins. My only excuse for not doing it yet is that my only Raspberry Pi is being used in a retro game console project and it's hot-glued in there and I don't want to take that thing apart.

How much is all the hardware required it to libreboot a w500?
Please post a checklist please, and thank you.

I hope you have luck. I was about to transfer a X200 Motherboard into my X201 chassis, but I ended up just winning a decent bid on a X200 + Ultrabase combo. Turns out the X200 Motherboard doesn't fit in a X201, so I'm glad I bought a whole computer!

(Refresh the images if you already loaded them once)

Nothing, you can't (Yet).

I hope! I might take a second to switch over to them, but it'd definitely be on my list of hardware upgrades!

Damn, you're so close to freedom dude. Just get it over with!

I used the following:

-A Beaglebone Black ($30 on ebay)
-SOIC8 clip ($5 on a chink site)
-Breadbox wires (varies, but super cheap as well)

And that's it, but you might need a SOIC16 clip rather than a SOIC8 (It depends on your hardware).

>I used the following:
>-A Beaglebone Black ($30 on ebay)
>-SOIC8 clip ($5 on a chink site)
>-Breadbox wires (varies, but super cheap as well)
>And that's it, but you might need a SOIC16 clip rather than a SOIC8 (It depends on your hardware).
What about for power. Site has a lot of other hardware listed. ie;3.3.v psu, 5v psu, and what else is needed for the bbb, scientific psu, or are these not really needed?

> cut
Ribbon cable is weak with shear stress. I pushed and slide the keyboard panel in the wrong way and then the cable was cracked and torn. I think I should have had read a Fixit article relating keyboard replacement first place...

Why does that matter? Eli5 please.

I liked the vertical one too tho.

An external power supply isn't needed, the BBB has a 3.3v power supply built in. However, you need to get a good 5V DC Power Adapter for the BBB, otherwise it might not deliver enough power to the chip. If you wanna talk in-depth about it, you can join me on my IRC at lewd.pics/irc .

Ah, yeah... Though, ribbon cables usually aren7t that weak. It may have just been rotted from heat or something over time, because I've never had a ribbon cable just crumble like that.

Whatever your preference lol

I'm just about to buy a libreboot capable laptop to live the total libre life. What are the benefits of the x220/x230/etc over the x200? Is the x200 the one I should be looking to purchase?

Yikes I just saw the x200 1280x800 screen size. What options do I have for a libre/coreboot laptop that doesn't look like ass and has a decent screen size? I am an adult and don't mind spending money customizing

W500 or T500, uncertain if they have Hydis display upgrades like the X200 but they have 15" displays.

I have an x220 Tablet. What's the difference between Coreboot and Libreboot. Are either of them compatible with my Thinkpad?

tfw being librebooted with pristine Debian install and *no* firmware blobs