/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required Viewing For Ninefag:
youtube.com/watch?v=zk_r_8mRx7Y

>Strap Guide: pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

g-shock.jp/products/35th/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SHITTERS

Well.

Would work better with a leather band thb

thik

Post grails.

Hey /wt/
What is the most dadcore watch that is not timex weekender?

What does Sup Forums think of the SKX007? I've been wondering if it would look silly with a NATO strap, the standard rubber strap it comes with is really chunky compared to the timepiece and super uncomfortable.

Why did this ugly garbage get so popular. Hideous hands, dial, everything.

alright, which automatic watch in the same price range and build quality would you say looks better? It's a dive watch that's meant to take a beating, it was never mean to be the best looking option.

It's not the best, but it's the only one I own and I love it. Seiko SCED035

I really like this watch 2bh.

There was a black model that popped up on Shopgoodwill of all places and I was so tempted to get one, but I think it sold for like $400-500 and I wasn't going to spend that much one one that was missing the buttons and wasn't brushed.

Love this but prices got absurd.

The strap is surprisingly good and comfortable. Finish is fantastic. Only pain in the ass is that there's no lume

What do you guys think of this?

Got it when they first came out on a whim for like $330 and now they're worth like $900-$1000

After Urban Genitals made that video did everyone start buying this disgusting shitter?

Black model a shit

>rolex submariner knockoff
you tell me what we will think of this disgrace of a watch?

Classic Auto diver that is actually very robust and professional divers use. NATO strap is almost a given, the rubber is garbage. If NATO isn't your style buy a SS oyster band.

It's a fukin classic man. They look great on natos. I recommend floral print.

Literally who

What's wrong with that? It's a nice Seiko movement, great for modding. For a bunch of middle class, 20-something millineals, you sure are a stuck up and entiltled group...

Mod it, then we'll talk.

Probably the classiest gold piece I've seen

And it is a trashy knockoff design.

I guess some like the aesthetic of Invicta. They go a little ridiculous with their designs which I don't like, but someone has to do it and they do it pretty well.

trade?

You keep posting this. Do you own these? Please tell me the reference numbers for these.

sure
left -> right
5856-7020 T
9223-8000 R
9943 8030 T

Thanks pal

>muh millenials boogiman
>muh entitlements

shut the fuck up old pos. You aren't a millenial yet can't afford a fucking rolex nigga? You poor or something? Fucking turd, come back here when you got the real thing.

What is the lowest priced automatic with the largest power reserve?

Nice bait there. Now why don't you and your Apple Watch which daddy gifted go shitpost somewhere else

I've came across the GSTS110D-1A and I think it looks gorgeous for a g shock. I've never been into the rubber looking plastic design so this one here really surprised me.
Is there anything wrong with the watch?

>quartz
when they make an automatic come back here

look into watches with the ETA Powermatic 80 movement. 80 hours.

Cool watch. They are pretty big though so if you are a wristlet think twice.

Ignoring looks, for vintage quartz watches, is it worth spending more for better quartz movements? Does the accuracy vary that much?

Specifically I'm wondering if I should just get this for $50usd ...

...or this for ~ $150usd. Again ignoring looks, condition, etc.

Doesn't solar make it step up from quartz atleast?
My wrists are pretty big which makes is look great actually. However I can never wear field or suit watches without looking like a freak

they all usually average 15 secs a month for 1970s seikos unless it's a special dual quartz movement

What are generally brands one should avoid when considering their first piece of fine technology?
Everytime I browsed through so called "top brands" lists I've encountered fossil, diesel and DW.
Admittedly they sometimes do look quite seducing but are allegedly very bad specimen.
Can someone help out?

I know this is bait but here (you) go pal.

Actually no,this isn't bait I want to buy my first watch and have literally nowhere to start. I've no clue if I should spend 100 or 500 bucks, which brand is good or what I should be aware of.
Isn't there some sort of guide?

Just get a Seiko diver and be done with it

Poor college boy here.
Casio F91 still best under 50 usd watch right?

it may be too big for my 6.5" wrist but hell this watch made me fall in love with diver watches when i was younger.

you guys are members...right...??

if not then....lmao...

15 a month vs 20 a year for those higher end ones huh. Poo

you're on facebook? lmao

They are descend watches that look good on a nato strap. I have mine on a Strapcode super oyster and highly recommend them.

Swatch Sistem51 probably, I think it has a 90 hour power reserve or something.

*descent watches

Ugliest hands in the industry.

Fuck what's wrong with my fingers!

*decent watches

>tfw no high quality camera to take beautiful shots of your vintage watches
The phone camera just won't do, it takes normal photos no matter what app I use on it, most of which are just filter apps. I wonder if I should spend money on another watch or a decent camera, I want to be able to take photos like this.

You want to spend money on camera equipment just to post forgettable photos on Sup Forums?

Stop.

What do you guys think about first decent smartwatch?

Shit tier bait, keep up the good work!

gshock 35th anniversary models. zzz

g-shock.jp/products/35th/

>current year
>using an analog watch

Rude.

>when a dwarf breaks into your airship and steals your clothes.

I unapologietically own a DW watch, what does /wt/ think of it?

woof woof

my mum likes it on me..

Literally the only watch that's better to buy a fake of.

Well my mom likes my Suwa 5Actus better than my Daini 5Actus. She literally doesn't understand the superiority of the 7000 series movements over the 6100 series. Women are fucking plebs.

Srs question why would you buy this? I knew not to buy shit like this before i even got into watches... Can you not see the china on that thing from a mile away

pls

I wanted something thin and unintrusive, I type much slower with large/regular sized watches.

It's pretty comfy desu, I'd honestly recommend it to /casuals/. Just wondering why /wt/ hates it so much.

I paid less 1/3'rd of the RRP; when comparing it to other $100 watches there isn't much competition.

oh so it is bait

That's the 40mm one right? The white one looks like a dinner plate.
I gave my sister the white 36mm one, but now that I think about it I think the casio ltpv007l-1e should have been better.

>women
>36mm

Yes.

Nope, just can't afford to sport a lange & sohne yet.

Yeah it's 40mm, nice wasted quads.

t. no taste

Nice opinion, but is wrong.

you said you can't beat a 2 dollar chinese quartz watch for 100 dollars... so either you are still baiting me or you are retarded

A lady just came in to have the bracelet sized for her brand new 38mm Seiko 5.

Stop LARP-ing a 1930's man, user.

nice comment but you are retarded

you sure he didnt have a dick?

Nice projection, but it won't work.

is this the watch normie watch thread?

I've never heard of a tranny/drag queen man who feels like he's an old lady with cotton candy hair trapped in a man's body.

What an embarrassing post...

Good morning wt

i think so

What's a good first watch? I was looking at omegas cus I like James Bond but I'm pretty sure it's a meme watch. Looking to spend around and under $2500 and I don't mind buying used. Metal preferably.

Being ugly in just the right way is precisely the SKX's charm.

Get a camera, it's just a good tool to have in general. However, please do not buy a macro lens for watches.

Omega is not a meme watch james, james bond wore a rolex, and you couldn't buy one on that budget anyway. You should get a used rolex or omega for 2k and get it serviced for 500.

I hate on seiko contantly but im probably gonna pick up an skx 013

There's plenty of omegas new and used in that budget. Maybe a bit more actually. So if I did get a watch used I should definitely get it serviced? Any suggestions where to buy local? I live in toronto. Oh and yes, James Bond wears omegas in the new movies.

new?

>2.5k
>first watch
First buy something under $100 to destroy with your clumsy, gorilla paw-like dickstrockers. Pic related, some retards first automatic, for $900. Broke in less than four days.