/mkg/ - TADA68 Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/Enjoypbt-keyboard-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-hot-117-keycaps-Japanese-keycaps-Dye-Subbed-Keycap-Set/2230037_32777283992.html
aliexpress.com/item/PBT-Keycaps-Backlit-Top-Print-104Keyset-Cherry-MX-Key-Caps-With-Key-Puller-For-Tenkeyless-87/32821534310.html
ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-Top-Printed-RGBY-Thick-PBT-Keycaps-Key-Caps-for-ANSI-US-style-Keyboards-/112476376536?hash=item1a301d4dd8:g:ljkAAOSwd3dZY0-g
aliexpress.com/store/product/DOLCH-thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-side-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/2230037_32791274444.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.445c3e6bshG6qz
aliexpress.com/store/product/110KEY-PBT-Thick-Keycap-Dye-Sublimated-Cherry-MX-Switch-Keycap-for-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/2955117_32821127364.html
aliexpress.com/item/New-product-104-108-125-PBT-Thick-Keycap-Dye-Sublimated-ANSI-layout-Cherry-MX-Switch-Keycap/32815810006.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/Gentleman-KeyCap-114-Key-PBT-Sublimation-English-Version-Cherry-Factory-Height-For-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Free/2955117_32818557294.html
aliexpress.com/store/product/NPKC-Blank-side-printed-Cherry-Profile-Thick-PBT-Keycap-ANSI-ISO-layout-For-Cherry-MX-Switches/2230037_32807123075.html?spm=2114.12010609.8148355.23.9ff344d6sO3k4
aliexpress.com/item/NPKC-Blank-side-printed-Cherry-Profile-Thick-PBT-Keycap-ANSI-ISO-layout-For-Cherry-MX-Switches/32807123075.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.267.QU8hPY
aliexpress.com/store/product/thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-blank-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/2230037_32791492533.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.445c3e6baDdlBG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

heres a pic someone made for me a year or so ago
i love it thanks who ever made it

>his keyboard isn't a transformer

I got one of pic related for free and I still feel ripped off.

answered

> That feel when you want a 75% or 60% keyboard but you realize with how much work you do in CAD it would hinder you

For those of you without numpads, how are things without one? I really like having a numpad.

are those caps real? they look fucking surreal.

yeah they are just some basic kana caps
it was a great set, i lost some of the caps unfortunately so i have to leave them on my v60
might get the sushi ones that seiden has those are nice

I'm not an accountant so it doesn't matter to me all that much. Plus if I ever need to enter lots of numbers or alt codes for some reason I have one on another layer

Where can I buy them user???

>All these bezelets
Post real keyboards

Capacitive isn't real.

i dont know where to find the ones i had, got them off a gb on gh from ivan right before he ran with the bag
but you can get the ones seiden has from alibaba
aliexpress.com/store/product/Enjoypbt-keyboard-mechanical-keyboard-keyboarded-hot-117-keycaps-Japanese-keycaps-Dye-Subbed-Keycap-Set/2230037_32777283992.html
they are almost the same as mine, but with some color differences

I've seen those. Too expensive and don't look as sharp as yours. I also prefer your colors.

>posting guns in a mechanical keyboard thread

Sorry this is for mechanical keyboard discussion and your promotion of firearms is not appreciated

id just say keep an eye on gh and massdrop, reddit too
they might pop up again, might not. ivans gone so you cant ask him.

Thanks for the answer.
Now, get another fucking keyboard already. 1 is never enough.

What kind of store can I go to where I can test the different key color types?

Where would I put it? It's not like I have six computers.

microcenter

Not like you got more than two hands either.

>look it up
>closest one to me is Cleveland

>retarded ass layout
>field exit
That keyboard only purpose in this time is to be a donor of capacitive foots to mod Model M's

>foots
I'm mean feet.

What good is having more of something than you could possibly use at once?

How silly.

>got new open-ear headphones
>the clacking from my unicomp ultra classic has a crisp sort of echo to it now

a bit dirty, and the keys are a little crooked but this thing has served me well since 2014

Don"t need them that often.
Plus, I reserve the option to get a separate one and put it on the left of my keyboard.

ive gotten used to it
i dont really after a while i got all online sites to use my paypal account which is locked into my bank account so i barely need to type a lot of numbers at once
even then ive gotten better at using the num row

>DSA
Goddammit
Last y"all said DSA is shit and Cherry is god-tier.

>Getting a big bezel just for the sake of a big bezel and not because the hardware actually requires it
Now who"s being vain?

Picked up a Ducky One TKL RGB (in white) for $130 yesterday. Can't wait to get it in.

Reds btw.

i have never needed a numpad

im tempted to buy a hhkb to bring with me to use with my laptop. im not sure if i should do it. i wish microcenter or any store had topres available to try

shit sucks

is there a way to have the left control and caps lock on my unicomp switched?
its a great board, ive just gotten used to switch ctrl and cap keys
having that on my unicomp would be amazing but theres no dip switches or anything like that

Can't your OS remap keys?

KeyTweak

Every fucking thread, the same fucking keyboard, with the same fucking guns. What is your motivation?

Sorry misquoted one of you. You know who I'm talking about.

>superior rubber-dome blocks your path

Rubber domes are better

>tfw no TKL with macro keys

>superior
>not split

Anyone see or hear anything about these?

aliexpress.com/item/PBT-Keycaps-Backlit-Top-Print-104Keyset-Cherry-MX-Key-Caps-With-Key-Puller-For-Tenkeyless-87/32821534310.html

They look thin, but the look of them alone are tempting me since I fell for the RGB meme with zero regrets.

Rate my newest purchase: the logitech G413 with the Romer-G switches.
I'm coming from a Model M, and this thing is fucking fantastic. Travel is very short, and activation is even shorter. I can type like the wind now.

Also, what's a good palm rest for something like this?

Pic related.

The backlight is neat too.

I've always loved the mechanical switch design BUT i never liked the old IBM/Win98 keyboard caps design with narrow mini surfaces. I used to own pic related and loved the typing surface and travel distance/actuation of the scissors but absolutely hate the reliability.

Question is simple, is there something that features large typing surface but instead of scissors key it's a mech ? Billion thanks in advance. Using a MS sculpt mobile now and i love the flat surface but it's bt based connection.

did i fuck up?

so gatreon brown switches still have satisfying click right?

Anywhere I can find something like this but not have to wait weeks to get it?

ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-Top-Printed-RGBY-Thick-PBT-Keycaps-Key-Caps-for-ANSI-US-style-Keyboards-/112476376536?hash=item1a301d4dd8:g:ljkAAOSwd3dZY0-g

yeah

I do not have this problem

Get an 1800 layout master race

find me a keyboard with cool led effects

Can someone explain the appeal of these things to me? They can look ok but it really doesn't justify the pricetag. Also my typing speed drops to 50 wpm when I use them.

they feel good

if you don't think so, don't use one and stick to what you type well on

How is the G413 not the ultimate mechanical keyboard?

>minimalist design and footprint
>romer-G switches have the shortest travel and fastest action, so you can type lightning fast but with that mechanical tactility
>actually functional key backlighting, unlike cherry switches
>basicaly a metal plate with the keys on top, so cleaning is a breeze
>$90-100

Love it.

It's just a personal preference, I like how they feel and the customization.

Cause it doesn't look that nice

> They can look ok but it really doesn't justify the pricetag
Is it possible to buy an Asian GF? Where?

Are you a girl?

china

You seem very lonely user
In a depressed dad sort of way

Wrist rests are terrible for you
Just learn how to properly type

unfortunately, yes

>did i fuck up?
if you have to ask, the answer is always yes.

There are a few us based sites with similar products if you don't mind paying 30-40 dollars for a slightly nicer set. I think originative has some.

>tfw no board with MX Greens
why is life so fucking unfair

Ducky and cooler master have some boards.

Why is it so hard to find a cherry profile 108 pbt keyset for around $30?

Because nobody makes a cherry profile 108 pbt keyset at that price.

Just spend the extra 10 bucks

I can't even find one for $40 I found this for $33 but it's side printed aliexpress.com/store/product/DOLCH-thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-side-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/2230037_32791274444.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.445c3e6bshG6qz

there is a laser etched version that's cheaper, but I'd spend more and get the dye-sub version
Here are some of the options

aliexpress.com/store/product/110KEY-PBT-Thick-Keycap-Dye-Sublimated-Cherry-MX-Switch-Keycap-for-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard/2955117_32821127364.html

aliexpress.com/item/New-product-104-108-125-PBT-Thick-Keycap-Dye-Sublimated-ANSI-layout-Cherry-MX-Switch-Keycap/32815810006.html

aliexpress.com/store/product/Gentleman-KeyCap-114-Key-PBT-Sublimation-English-Version-Cherry-Factory-Height-For-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Free/2955117_32818557294.html

I've got the G810 with the Romer switches and I love it. The keys feels nice to press, there's very little gamer stuff and the RGB stuff is pretty nice to tune and fuck around with. Only thing I don't like is the lack of a wrist rest, am still trying to find a comfortable position for my wrists when typing with it.

That being said I tried a Corsair K70 the other week with Cherry Reds and really liked it to the point where I was on the verge of getting one but I just can't see the point if I already enjoy using my G810

I'll probably just get this aliexpress.com/store/product/NPKC-Blank-side-printed-Cherry-Profile-Thick-PBT-Keycap-ANSI-ISO-layout-For-Cherry-MX-Switches/2230037_32807123075.html?spm=2114.12010609.8148355.23.9ff344d6sO3k4

Packages from kbdfans came in fine and fairly quick. Very satisfied.

What did you have on order Bruce? I'm waiting for a KBD75 but the order is still showing as 'unfulfilled', just like my soul.

TADA68 and enjoypbt weebkeys. I did Fedex Express and it came in 5-6 days or so.

KBD75 ships on August 18th.

What do you guys use at work?
>Pic related

tada68

>tfw I work with people's sensitive information
>tfw if you plug anything into a usb port on a work computer you are automatically fired.
>tfw I have to exclusively work with normie keyboards

What is the difference between these two besides color?

aliexpress.com/item/NPKC-Blank-side-printed-Cherry-Profile-Thick-PBT-Keycap-ANSI-ISO-layout-For-Cherry-MX-Switches/32807123075.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.267.QU8hPY

aliexpress.com/store/product/thick-pbt-keycaps-cherry-profile-blank-printed-keycaps-gh60-poker-87-104keycaps-108keys/2230037_32791492533.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.445c3e6baDdlBG

The brand. One is produced by NPKC the other is not.

Show details of drawers.

Ah right, cool. Hoping the stab issue is resolved with the updated plate, I have everything ready for the board, just need a set of Cherry stabs, no fake shit

see if your IT department can clear the keyboard you want to bring. You'd probably have to leave the keyboard at your desk but it's a better solution than using a shit keeb

which one is better

You'll have to be more specfic

Are custom coiled MicroUSBs for your keyboard worth it? Where did you guys get yours if so?

>unreplaceable ABS keycaps

I'm waiting for my classic case F77 to ship

>worth it?
no
its just for fag points

>unreplacable
But they are replaceable.
I got a whole pack of replacement caps with my G413 along with a little tool for removing them.

As for the ABS plastic thing, I'm coming from a Model M which is PBT, and the feel is very similar to me.
The feel of the keys was one of the first things I noticed.
Logitech's ABS keys feel nothing like the rubber-dome keyboards I have laying around.

Maybe this is just a coating that will wear off, but as you can tell from pic, the caps are very simple in construction, so I'm sure custom caps will come along at some point.
Right?

Actually newer to mechanical keyboards myself, I've always been rough on keyboards and eventually wear down the rubber domes constantly. I was wondering how well they last, and which switchtype to invest in?

The beauty of mechanical switches is that they tend to last forever. Notice how many people in this community use IBM boards from decades ago.

I suggest Gateron Brown switches.

How hard is it to desolder a board and do I need any special equipment?

I want to get a Minila Air, but red switches are all that's available here and I wanna swap them for silent blacks since it's gonna be portable and all.