What has pic related contributed to humanity as a whole? How has the world benefited from their existence?

What has pic related contributed to humanity as a whole? How has the world benefited from their existence?

>inb4 invented memes

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_chat
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SUOMI PERKELE

Invented memes, internet chatting, linux the server OS

Spurdo Sparde :DDD

>irc
>nokia
>linux
>xylitol
>memes
>satchel charges

Finland on paras

>Invented memes
See OP's inb4

>internet chatting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_chat
"The first online chat system was called Talkomatic, created by Doug Brown and David R. Woolley in 1973 on the PLATO System at the University of Illinois."

>linux the server OS
Fair enough.

>How has the world benefited from their existence?
That's a stretch. They were only peripherally relevant before Nokia moved to superior Estonia. Now they're really only useful as a buffer state considering the failing economy and degeneration of the population. Poland levels of butthurt don't bode well for the future as this soulless nation further embraces identity politics as a catalyst to understanding the world.

3/10 Not relevant

Spede

Was pretty much a diplomat between the west and Soviet Union during the cold war

I think he meant Internet relay chat

They killed many russian communists.

this is the only achievement required

i would give it maybe a 6 or 7 (if 5 is average) from 1900 onwards considering population size and ignoring third world countries

Mämmi sauna

>irc
Fair enough.

>nokia
This company is basically the ONLY Finnish tech company of note, and it's always awkwardly slid into fields it doesn't do well in and then backed out.

>linux
Fair enough.

>xylitol
Useless.

>memes
See OP's inb4.

>satchel charges
"we finland. make big bomb. blow up bunker. is good."

also molotov coctail, Kone, Stora Enso etc. etc.

>xylitol
>Useless
Yeah maybe if you don't care about your dental hygiene

AIV fodder

ananas on pizz

>ananas

>also molotov coctail

No, it was invented in Spain during our civil war.

>Invented memes

England's brave Richard Dawkins coined the meme term. You're just leeching off him and his work.

We are the Apple of meme industry.

Without the influx of ylilauta and kc shitposters this board would be dead.

Finland single handedly created this board.

Hate to tell you senpai but he is from South Africa.

spurdo, gondola, dolan, spede etc.

Gondola was made by an Italian, although it was refined by Finns. Give credit where credit is due

I'm not really expecting anyone of you saying 'sauna'. Don't mind me.

:DDDDDDD
:DDDDDDD
BinLind

He was born there but he's English, and is a British citizen.

Born:
>Clinton Richard Dawkins
>26 March 1941 (age 75)
>Nairobi, British Kenya
Citizenship:
>United Kingdom

TORILLA
O
R
I
L
L
A

FDR:s secretary was finnish

Simon Bolivars right hand man was born in Porvoo

First european king in Fidzi was finnish

But why do any of these things matter?

We have been here, in our comfy cold corner of the world, not messing with other countries. One could argue that a lot of "relevant" nations have done more bad than good, not us.

One could also argue that the abstention from evil is not "good," but rather neutral. The hermit that sits on a mountain his entire life, contemplating the universe and helping nobody, is not very wise.

>Mämmi
Actually originates in Germany and to Finns by the Swedes. The Finns though are the only ones still eating it.

Does anyone have the human version of spurdo swing the finnish flag?

I have looked for it but cannot find it.

In this world we live in, abstention of evil is indeed good. The hermit that lives his life not harming others, even if he wasn't doing anything good per se, is still good on average.

Sweet. Tesla, Linus, Von Braun and Sikorsky are all American.

Cast the Simpsons

Also so much what we consider great contributions to humanity tend to create as many or more problems than they solve in the long run.
We look down on some primitive tribesman in a hut in the jungle but what the hell problems is he causing?
It's the people we look up to who are literally ruining the earth.

I rather like Finland, but you didn't even invent your flag. You stole it from us, after some cunts decided this colourblind shitshow would be better.

You have the flag of our first king, and it's not fair :(

The Spanish do the same shit with banana, don't they?

I do believe the invented memes

Indeed, we're like the modern version of the ooga boogas in huts and shit who dindu nuffin.

I just like how I can stay on my high horse while shitposting. Powerful innovations can always be used for evil, it's good that we don't have any.

Yea but we made it into a meme weapon.

Its your own fault for giving it up for taking.

That was canacucks.

Well, it's our colours, but the cross shape was changed like 800 years ago.

We are still using a version of it at the very centre of our shield in our current shitty flag, if you look closely enough. It's those 5 blue smaller shields.

proofs?

Here you go my friend.

> swamp football
would try/10

Thank you based Suomi.

Memes

Finns are the missing link when you inspect the human evolution...

It's not easy to explain.

How can they contribute something when they don't exist?

katso Hurjat Suomalaiset dokkarisarja Areenasta

ja Emil Hurja oli Rooseveltin sihteeri ja kampanjoi sille toisen kauden

We Japanese anime otakus love Finland!!!

lähinnä tota Fijiä meinasi, eipä meinaa mistää löytyny

Helsinki accords, osce, Kekkonen etc are Finland's greatest legacies

Born by two british parents, right? It's the same as if one's parents gave birth to you on a vacation to spain, you're not spanish.

We invented ice skates

Cuckoldnen was shit though. Paasikivi established a safe distance to SU after the war but Cuckoldnen went deeper than was necessary for his personal gain.

Salmiakki

What has humanity given Finland? We've always been left alone and subjected to discrimination.

there's like 5 million finns, which is less than in most states of usa, so not much is coming out of this country but we're trying

pls no bully ;___;

Stora Enso is half Swedish, Enso was finnish and Stora was swedish.

What do you expect of a country with 5.4million people?
Compared to our population, we've achieved quite a bit.

they massacred a load of bolshevik cannon fodder which is good enough for me

>all fennoswedes

No such thing

Have people already forgotten about the ancient Finnish empire?

>tfw one of the most irrelevant countries on earth
>tfw relevant enough to be featured on Sup Forums threads daily

Dope ass lingonberry jam.

No more of this Finnish Empire it's fake!

What does it mean by “competitiveness”?

You call Finns racists,xenophobic,etc. and this is everyday scary reality. Just yesterday we became a witnesses of a hate crime in the Malmi’s hospital(Helsinki).First the man asked aggressively an Asian girl “For how long you have been a Finn?”,but my partner stopped him,inviting this girl to sit closer to us.He went to register his visit,and promised to come back to us.Luckily for this girl,the doctor called her inside.When the man returned to a waiting room,she already left.Then he saw a Muslim woman,sitting alone,and pointing the door,told her to get out from here.My partner run to call security guards,the man hit a Muslim woman in her face.The guards came,but they didn’t want to call a police,and one of them told me,that he has not seen anything;I said,that I’m an US citizen,and me and my partner are both from the former Soviet Union,and also were attacked in the same area-the Malmi Prisma supermarket in February.We reported this to Malmi’s police Department,but nobody took any action against this Finn,who physically assaulted us and verbally abused,calling us “Russian lesbos” and promising “to pursue us and cut our necks,as his father did in Karelia”.My partner lives in Finland for more then 10 years,and with her Russian-Finnish roots she suffered enough discrimination-first under communist regime in USSR,and later for her Russian and lesbian background,in Finland.I moved to Finland in November,2009 from New York(I’ve been a resident of US since 1991),and it’s really stranger for me to see,what is going on here-the police doesn’t want to take any action to prevent and stop the hate crimes,they avoid to register them,because the statistics like this can damage Finland’s reputation.The guards don’t want to move their asses to catch a criminals-once one brave guy near Malmi’s Prisma doors urinated in front of us,calling us lesbians and demonstrating us,”what we lack”,in his opinion.

quality pasta

memes
Nokia
saunas
qt pale grills

>memes
OP said >inb4 invented memes

>Nokia
So? Hows this a contribution? They're an ok company that makes pretty decent phones.

>saunas
They hardly invented saunas, they just have a particular way of doing them that's a bit unique.

>qt pale grills
Finnish women really put the "man" in "woman."

When they mix with italians the result is good

Gave you wireless telephone technology
YOU'RE WELCOME

Gave the rest of the world an example to aspire for

+ memes

>not putting bananas on pizza
plebs

The idea was first come up with in Finland in 1917, impressively, but most of the R&D to make them the practical devices we know and use today was done at the Motorola labs in Israel.

May we all strive to reach your endearing levels of autism, Finnbro.

a new golden age of icefight.

Memes

Freestyler!!!

we didn't invent xylitol, Sami

look it up

There wouldn't be German Scandinavians without us. It'd be Slavs all around in Northern Europe.

>implying someone wouldn't want to travel to scandinavia to see pic related

Sweden - fucking furnitures
Denmarks - fucking toys
Norway - fucking oil

Finland - IRC, Linux, Nokia, peace on earth between NATO and USSR.
i
You neckbeards wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Binland.

Daily reminder that the Nokia 3310 is a Danish invention.

elaborate

Daily reminder to ignore danish posters