Brave Browser / Payments

Is this a stupid idea?

The Brave browser has all this adblocking shit built in but if you want you can choose to establish a monthly allowance to donate to websites you visit based on time spent (though you can just set specific amounts to specific sites per month if you wanted)

The whole ecosystem makes sense sure but the challenge will be if they can get all the different players to start adopting it. Not sure where they are on their roadmap atm but I don't think they have any advertisers yet do they?

brave = botnet

I dont know how this can be legal? how much of the donation goes to brave developers?

>Is this a stupid idea?
Yes
Donate to the things you want to individually instead, no need to track your habits to see who wins this month.

also, donating to fuchikng CNN so Don Lemon and Coopere Anderson can afford more expensive orgies

fuck brave

The idea might be dumb but at least people are trying to find ways beyond ads / patreon to support websites.

15% iirc

>Is this a stupid idea?
no
>no more cancer ads
>no more bandwidth eating ads == page loads fast

>people still get paid (supposedly, because who clicks ads anyway)

Yes. People should not expect to make money from a site. They should either be offering goods / services or be a hobbyist website.

> In order to view this article you need to donate at least $5 a month. Click here to find out how to edit your Browser's payment settings
> We have detected that you are donating less than $1 per month to this website, we work hard on bringing you new content, so please change your payment settings to allocate more funding to us. Click here to find out how to change your Browser's payment settings.
> We have detected that you are using the Brave browser. This browser robs content creators of needed revenue with a fake payment system. Please click here to download Google Chrome in order to access this website.

Yeah this is definitely going to backfire horribly.

Just like now, right?

>We have detected you have clicked on less than 85 ads this month. Clicking over 85 ads is required to view this article. Please try again later.

I like the idea more than the ads. However, this will only make sites think they should start charging people to visit them and will be worse than ads. You can block ads and even adblock detection, but having to use a credit card to visit sites cannot be fixed with adblock. This is the jews/capitalists dream and I wouldn't want this to happen.

This

Wew lad

It's literally malware

>merchants
>pay
oy vey

>giving money to something is malware

hmm...epicosity...

Why pay if there are free alternatives?
There will always be enough normies that don't use adblock. Also, there are no (((blogs))) that deserve money desu. Tech journalism was a mistake

Yes, stops being lazy and donate directly to the sites you like, don't give this power to a botnet

It still has the adblock regardless, it just gives you an easy way to support the sites you visit if you want to.

>Donating your hard-earned money to multibillionaire corporations

hahahahahahhahaah

you want me to DONATE MY HARD EARNED MONEY, TO A WEBSITE I VISIT OFTEN? WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF KEK MINDSET IS THAT??

>jews laughing with all you shekels

>HARD EARNED MONEY,
>clicking around & browsing shit

Sounds OK. Except there shouldn't be a middleman like brave and you're exposing yourself to malicious attacks more since just having a silent pop-up would give them money.

No additional money, how it works is you have a budget that'll be distributed every month depending on the percentage, and the percentage is based not only on the times you've viewed it but on the time spent on the website. Still, that's a bit stupid considering I leave tabs opened all the time that really should be closed. It could be referring to the amount of time you've been viewing the tab though. Still a decent concept though if they weren't taking 5% of it.

>chrome clone

BE BRAVE YOU FAGGOTS

>no additional money
Yeah. I'm just saying that there's no incentive to ensure the money goes where it should unless you can directly blame the people in charge of where the money goes.
If it's on your end you probably don't have time to make an application robust to screen time attacks.
As the service is now it seems worthless.

Kinds of good idea, but it will be like this in the future.

I would never pay a dime for a fucking website

Where the hell does this program install to?
I tired running the installer and it didn't let me choose what drive to put it on.
It took like 25 seconds to boot up the browser, ended up uninstalling. What a shitty program and slow loading browser.

>Paying for free content

But why?

>Being a brave cuck
Yes goyim we will disable some of the ads so you can also pay for

Let's face the truth most content online is ripped and reuped on several ((news)) sites without even checking.

This brave is another cucked software