/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Sharp announces the full-screen Aquos S2 in Beijing
gsmarena.com/sharp_announces_the_fullscreen_aquos_s2_in_beijing-news-26643.php

The Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact might launch to market by September 10
gsmarena.com/new_rumor_says_sony_xperia_xz1_compact_will_launch_by_september_10-news-26640.php

Samsung Galaxy Note8 with 256GB storage tipped again
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note8_with_256gb_storage_tipped_again-news-26637.php

LG sends out official invitations for V30's August 31 unveiling
gsmarena.com/lg_sends_out_official_invitations_for_v30s_august_31_unveiling-news-26639.php

Sony's Xperia XZ Premium flagship gets $100 price cut in US
gsmarena.com/sonys_xperia_xz_premium_flagship_gets_100_price_cut_in_us-news-26635.php

Sony Xperia XZ1 spotted on GFX Bench: Android 8.0 and a 19MP camera
gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_xz1_spotted_on_gfx_bench_running_android_80_and_a_19mp_camera-news-26634.php

Xiaomi Mi Note 3 may arrive as soon as this month
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_note_3_may_arrive_as_soon_as_this_month-news-26629.php

old

Other urls found in this thread:

shelfies.com/products/hamburger-cat-smartphone-case
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/6sd8ws/fastboot_not_working/
ibuygou.com/p-official-global-version-xiaomi-redmi-4x-4g-lte-smartphone-qualcomm-snapdragon-435-octa-core-1-4ghz-3gb-ram-32gb-rom-8878.html
honorbuy.com/1108-xiaomi-redmi-4x-prime-international-version-32gb-black.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best chinkphone coming through, all the other plebs make way

How about you link me to that case nerd?

Wtf. I unlocked bootloader in my xiaomi redmi 3s. Using fastboot to flash recovery twrp does nothing. Hotbooting to twrp freezes Fastboot. Halp pls.

>xiaomi_redmi_note_3
Looks bretty gud

Made obsolete by RN4G

Burger here. I'm having to shimmy off my autism pants and get my own phone plan. I'm poor so I'm considering t mobile for unlimited data at around 60/mo. I'm currently piggbacking off mummy and she is in Vzn. The whole cmda/gsm confuses me.

I have an unlocked Moto g4 plus. Is it possible for this phone to work on t mobile? I found this setting. I prefer to ask you instead of Chet Manly at the tm store.

Yes, it'll work on T-Mobile. Just put the SIM card in and you're good to go.

>SD625
no

One's 14nm and the other is 28nm so yes

one is also weaker than the other so no

Hello, Sup Forums
I'm looking for a sub 300 USD phone, it has to have:
>5 ish HD screen
>fingerprint sensor
>decent battery life (just getting through a day of listening to music, browsibg facebook, no games)
>more than 3 GB of Ram
>headphone jack
>easy rootable, flashable
>good camera.
Things I would like, but are not a mandatory:
>dual camera
>fingerprint sensor
>usb type C
I'm fine with chinkphones, I like how the iPhones look so m current bet is xiaomeme mi 5x. I had a redmi note 2 and I was extremely happy with it, only the camera was weak

>has to have
>fingerprint sensor

>not mandnatory
>fingerprint sensor
what

There's practically no real life difference unless you're gaming on your phone like a manchild. And the battery life is much better. The Note 4 also has a better camera, build quality and display. There's literally no reason to buy the Note 3 over it.

If battery has to be only decent then I would say Honor 8/9 or just moto g5 plus.

shelfies.com/products/hamburger-cat-smartphone-case

ask in r/xiaomi they are actually helpful.

>plebbit
xddd le upboats 4u kind gentlesir

Is there a faster alternative to MIUI for the redmi note 2?

I've got a 8 core something but many things feel so sluggish

Honor 8 is $259 on Amazon

Fuck, I dun goofed. It has to have a fingerprint sensor, I find it comfy

Honor's are pretty expensive for me, I've heard that there's a price cut for the 8 bit only n the US amazon. G5 isn't appealing to me
For now its honor 8 and mi 5x
Any chinphone recommendations? O just 'normal' conpabies?

CHINKED

I want to upgrade mine to a mi note 3

Not out of need but because this phone has been so good I want a Xiaomi flagship with amoled and sd835. Had mine since March last year

I am gaming on my phone and I still get 8-10hrs SOT with my sd650 rn3 so what's the point of trading off performance for even more battery?

They should have released a sd660 redmi pro 2 already

Anyone know of a waterproof case with built-in battery recharger for Iphone 6s?

Lifeproof fre power is discontinued and Mophie juice pack H2pro seems to be the same. I can't find any other alternative which features both waterproofing and power charging.

Well a majority of people would rather have a few more hours of SoT than a a few more FPS in games I think

Isn't the 660 on the 14nm node now? Should be about as efficient at SoT as the 625 with better performance

Only in USA tho

Why don't you own a sony xperia xa1 ultra ?

Do you literally hate Patrician Phones?

reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/6sd8ws/fastboot_not_working/

Lol you were right. I tried xDa and miui guides before but none worked.
Looks like reddit isn't as bad as Sup Forums says it is.

because shit battery life

>Mediakek

>Xperia phones

One crack and your touch is gone. Regardless how hard you'd argue to take care of your phone it shouldn't be so helplessly fragile.

lookin to update my one plus one, is this a good bump up?

No

literally oneplus 3T

I was talking about the SD625 compared to the 650. SD660 is 14nm so it'll be more efficient, yes.

Too bad the 660 won't be in a phone headed stateside for less than $400

>poor
>$60 a month

user, look into the Walmart T-Mobile $30 prepaid plan. It's 5GB, 100 minutes unlimited text. T-Mobile doesn't count YouTube and I think a handful of other streaming sites like Hulu into data; so I rarely find it to be an issue. Though I guess you have to actually be autistic like me and never ever use your phone for calling outside of calling out sick for work or something, otherwise VOIP will eat away your data.

Samsung galaxy s8 or oneplus 5? At this point there's a

Lookin for something cheaper. My phone is, what, 5 years old by now? I was expecting that upgrades to it would be more along the $200 price range by now considering its outdated specs.

O N E P L U S 3 T

how can snapdragon cucks even compete

thank you based jim keller`

Price

redmi note 4 (global version if you're a burger)

need a reliable, bloatware-free smartphone, mostly for "business use", I don't need great hardware or camera

Should I fall for the Nokia's return meme?

>Honor 9
Would you either buy the Honor 9 for around 400euros or a refurbished iphone 6 for 340euros?

Requirements:

5.5" display of at least FHD resolution (Soft requirement: AMOLED)
Midrange octacore SOC (SD430 or better)
3GB or greater RAM
32GB storage
Headphone jack
Band 20 LTE
Budget: Up to $400
Recommend me something

Lenovo P2
Samsung Galaxy J7 2017
Moto Z Play
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Global
Axon 7

Lumia 950 XL
Best Windows Phone, by far. 2017 flagship and without the (((Google))) (((Android))) botnet cancer.

definitely redmeme

What's a good smaller phone under 300 euros or so?
I need it for emails, internet and simple stuff like that, don't really care much about gaming or photos

Basically I'm looking for built quality/design so I'm cautious about the Xiamois

My LG G4 just suddenly bricked itself out of the blue.

I want something for basically just messaging, music (~45gb) and an alarm clock.

Any reason to not get a 64GB iPhone 6S? I want something cheap and capable of the next 2-3 years of usage.

Lumia 950 XL
Best Windows Phone, by far. 2017 flagship and without the (((Google))) (((Android))) botnet cancer.

Lenovo P2
Moto E4
Huawei Honor 6X

What's your budget
What's your country

South Africa, and preferably not flagship pricing for no reason. I'd prefer if I can buy it cash up-front rather than on a contract.

Just switched from wp to android. Happier with the app selection, but the OS is utter shit.

redmi note 4 global version

redmi note 4

>South Africa
In that case, I recommend Lumia 950 XL

Doesn't make sense. WP > Android. Do yourself a favor and go back to WP please.

Ok, so tell me you're budget in USD or Euros

Just wait until they ban you for saying pajeet

>12h web browsing
>10h video playback
That's great battery life though

Is the Redmeme Note 4 actually decent? Doesn't look half-bad to me. I haven't cared about phones for honestly 2 years or so.

Around $450

LG G6, HTC U11, Sony XZ Premium or Nokia 8

Yes

A new phone from 2017 vs a used phone from 2014... Shouldn't be a hard choice

Only real downside is weak camera (at least in bad lighting).
If you are a selfie-whore or a wannabe photographer who can't afford a real camera then it's not a phone for you.

5 inch screen (possible 5.5')
microSD
Headphone jack
Vanilla Android
Around 150 yuropoor money

Optional:
Fingerprint scanner
NFC

>Is the Redmeme Note 4 actually decent
It's not decent. I really recommend you buy a Windows Phone instead. You'll regret buying Android botnet as most people do after purchase.

I really don't give a crap about the camera. Do you know how the DAC is on there?

I have a friend with a Windows phone, he loves it but says the software support for it is beyond awful. And even MS has given up on it.

iPhone SE, Galaxy A3 2017, Sony X Compact

redmeme and change the ROM
it's Sup Forums not normalfag central

5.5 and up AMOLED at least Fhd
Rear fingerprint scanner
Decent camera
Usb C
Headphone jack
Best battery life
$500 budget

Optional-
HiFi audio bullshit
Metal build

5.5 or more inch screen
Excellent built quality
Headphone jack
No bloatware, if possible close to stock Android
NFC

Budget anywhere from 300€ to 600€ or so

Optional/if possible: more square-like design (Xperia or even HTC One kind of) ... not round design like Samsung/Apple

Main use: browsing, YouTube, 2FA, notes, business use

Never use games.
Almost never use camera.
Battery doesn't need to be amazing. Decent is OK.

Preferably non-chink brand.

too fucking bored/too little time to tinker with it

Forgot to add USB-C just for some memes.

>DAC
You can look it up, I'm not knowledgeable about this smoke and mirrors stuff.
All I care about is that there's no audible hiss or distortion.

Literally Nokia 6 if you aren't doing anything intensive
Wait for Nokia 8 if you want flagship specs

Moto G5S Plus

don't kid yourself, apps make a huge difference. Not everything is as responsive or nice looking when viewing it in a browser instead of an app. I've been on it since WP7 came out. I especially loved the upgrade to W10 last year, and the integration with my desktop.

That being said, here's the bottom line
WP OS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Android OS
Android apps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WP apps

Devs and hardware companies quit caring about wp (even MS), and the phones are going to start to feel like time capsules with such outdated software. Even Office is better on Android.

Moto G5

the DAC isn't hifi grade but you won't find that built in to a phone. if you care a lot about sound quality you could get a small external DAC

I just got the refound money for the onplus 3t. Dead screen. What i should get?
Oneplus 5?
>root
>jack
>dash charge, sexy as fuck.
>osb otg
>nice battery life.

it's fucking ugly though

Honestly, I've been thinking about falling for the Iphone meme, but it really seems like a downgrade from android

Nokia 5?

Hmm, Redmi Note 4 Global is good but you have to order online right? They don't have those in stores in SA do they?
I would recommend the Honor 8, Honor 6X, Lenovo P2, Redmi Note 4, or a Moto G5+ if you can get one

Axon 7

pretty good, but in this 3rd world shithole is sold for 210 euros.

fucking great.

Get it

I'm willing to spend no more than £250 on a phone.
I have my heart set on the blackberry priv just because it looks aesthetic and the keyboard is dank BUT i've found a oneplus 3 for the same price in mint condition.
Do I for the priv or the oneplus3?

PRIV
>aesthetic
>keyboard
>micro sd
-slow apparently
-bit old
ONEPLUS3
>more powerful (for what purpose though? I only use whatsapp and gps)
>more future proof
>better camera
-boring design
-also a bit old

Turns out a work colleague has one, and the DAC is fine. A bit worse than the G4 but miles better than any Samsung device I've used... even the S8.

The look and feel of the phone is not that high quality. But the price is amazing.

>look
arguable
>feel
It's very responsive and fast. What do you mean?

I mean by the actual feel of the metals and 'glass' on the device.

What's the best place to buy the Redmeme Note 4 as a Yuropoor?

Trust me, the OP3T is the better buy, the Private over heat due to the SD808, and it's locked down so no developer support, you'll have a better owner experience with the 3T

Depends on priorities.
Cheapest would be from chinks, but takes long and you get a shitty warranty.
For a bit more (40 USD in poland) you get good local 2-year warranty, 14 days return and express shipping from local online shops (and maybe even some physical shops if you are in a big city).
Pick your poison.

I'm talking about the 3 not 3t m8
The priv looks so cool though ;__;

>Nokia 6
I'm deciding between Nokia6 and Xperia XA Ultra

If I want a small and aesthetic phone is the Iphone SE my best bet?

ibuygou.com/p-official-global-version-xiaomi-redmi-4x-4g-lte-smartphone-qualcomm-snapdragon-435-octa-core-1-4ghz-3gb-ram-32gb-rom-8878.html

Make sure you select the import duty insurance (EU warranty is optional but worth it IMO)

Alternatively this (they ship from the EU so no fees either)
honorbuy.com/1108-xiaomi-redmi-4x-prime-international-version-32gb-black.html

Shit, that sucks it's not the 3T, but I think I'd still choose the 3 over the Priv
Blackberry's photo processing software is shit so it doesn't matter if it has Zeiss optics or not, also that keyboard could be a point of failure
The 3 does have a worse camera, but the 810 is a better SoC and you have dev support with kernels out there to help with the 810s shortcomings