youtube.com/watch?v=XA7X6emZLTA
youtube.com/watch?v=2_QzPj1wuWc
youtube.com/watch?v=cOIhX2vuTGY
youtube.com/watch?v=_xwZqXGdzHw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying you can purchase either of those
fuck off poorfag
>inb4 intel shill
i could give a rats ass on either desu. Sup Forums's so fucking garbage holy shit.

SOPA

>lately
Intel was never good. AMD just finally got out of that bad arch they were stuck with, and is showing them up.

r/amd mod here more people need to see this Upvoted

Brian, please stop. Shilling on Sup Forums isn't healthy.

Edit: How do I upvote? Damn that site has a terrible interface. Come on over to r/amd for quality discussions folks

kek

Edit 2: Thanks for the gold guys (and gals of course) just doing my part to help Team Red

I [trigger warning for sex violence survivors] f*cking love science!!!

quality bait

Because Intel can boot from NVME RAID

whoa, only $2 for a CPU?? how are european prices so good?

You're retarded, so will threadripper in a hot minute. Anyone who buys a brand new architecture before it's gonna through stability updates and shit is retarded as well.

spaghetti

DELID THIS

>1600mhz ram

Face it guys, X299 is a hot mess.

To be honest I expect actual 4 GHz TR results to be in the 3500 range.

The Intel ship is going down and they're starting to panic. They're losing the consumer market and they're dead scared of losing enterprise as well.
The best they can do now is scare big customers with "glued-together dies" and how professional software might not work as well with AMD's CPU's.

Here's hoping that companies will poke through that bullshit and start dropping Intel in favor of AMD. The "ecosystem" will surely adapt to work with AMD CPU's once they'll gain a solid foothold in enterprise.

Refugees were complaining about CPU prices being too high. You know, with them being engineers and rocket scientists and such, they need good processors to work with.
So now every white male is taxed extra to keep the prices down.

>Intel was never good

They might have fucked up right now but saying that intel was never good is just retarded.

enjoy your segfaults lmao

>Pentium I and II
>Pentium III Tualatin, even though Intel tried their best to keep enthusiasts from buying it
>Celeron 300A
>Q6600
>2500K

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ryzen-segv-continues&num=1

>Update [5 August]: As a result of feedback, currently working on some updated results. As some have pointed out, the conftest segmentation faults aren't specific to Ryzen, so updating the tests to avoid confusion.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ryzen-Segv-Response

>AMD engineers found the problem to be very complex and characterize it as a performance marginality problem exclusive to certain workloads on Linux.

>AMD was also able to confirm this issue is not present with AMD Epyc or AMD ThreadRipper processors, but isolated to these early Ryzen processors under Linux.

>3.0GHz vs 3.4GHz
>4GHz OC still only very fucking barely beats the intel a full 1GHz less

Threadripper DOA.

Look at the RAM timing/speed you emojiposting dumbfuck. It's severely crippled. With proper RAM it should be posting at least 3400, more around 3500.

Also, even if it was "only" 3200, it wouldn't be worth spending $700 more for the same performance.

Intel was never good. It's just that Bulldozer was a catastrophic mistake.

>He doesn't know how DDR works

Fuck right off back to you shitstain, the RAM is running at 3200.

Don't forget
>6700K

>CAS latency 19

You're retarded m8

Luke?

That has no relevance at all to what he said

>Look at the RAM timing/speed

3200 MHz RAM typical CAS 14-16, 19 is way out of line.

UMA DELICÌA

>gaymen perf
>server cpus

These slides are legit on of the funniest things since woodscrews

Honestly the only thing I don't like about Threadripper is them forcing E-ATX on you. My fractal R5 is my favorite case and I don't wish to get rid of it. Yet I see no normal ATX spec motherboards in the line up.

Then again, stuffing 8 ram slots along side that THICC socket onto the board is probably to blame.

>forcing E-ATX on you
Only ANUS mobos are E-ATX.

Holy fuck. I didn't even notice that some online retailers added more X399 motherboards! When I looked around before, it only gave me E-ATX results. Now I'm seeing the regular ATX. Thank God.

What's with the 2nd 8 pin connector on many boards? Is it required for basic use? Or only to give the board more power when running 3-4 GPUs?

>What's with the 2nd 8 pin connector on many boards?
It's for OC headroom.

180 watts ain't gonna suck itself

DE

>he does not know the boost clocks of intel chips
>he seriously believes intel ran it at stock clocks anyways
>only source is a tweet and nothing else
man you guys are easy to please , its like that fake task men screenshot from a few days ago where you thought an i3 is gonna be 4c/8t lmao

can I get the original version of this emoji pillow-thing

MACACO

Because someone needs to pay for Intel diversity programs

youtube.com/watch?v=XA7X6emZLTA
youtube.com/watch?v=2_QzPj1wuWc
youtube.com/watch?v=cOIhX2vuTGY
youtube.com/watch?v=_xwZqXGdzHw

Replying to myself here but this is pretty much as I expected.

kek

Now here is an important question.
Is Intel dead and finished?

In HEDT space? For now, probably. In mainstream performance? Remains to be seen, Coffee Lake S has to be a pretty solid performer.

1981 is where they got their price list for the i9 series

it's actually only running at 1600, but since it performs two tasks it has a 3200 "effective speed"

Intel fucked up not making Coffee lake backwards compatible with Z170 and Z270 board. I was leaning towards a new six core i5 for my Skylake build, but if I have to buy a motherboard anyways I'm getting Ryzen

DELET

4.1ghz? 3413 CB. INTEL IS FINESHED.

I hope they make it compatible with Z270 for their own sake. That's such a kick in the nuts to anyone who bought an expensive Kaby Lake motherboard.

Do you not understand how Intel works? They launch their processor designs early and then continuously improve on it with subsequent versions with bug fixes and performance tweaks. They've been doing things like this since forever, precisely because they make more money off of trigger-happy retards.

If you bought their brand new line of processors, you're literally paying to beta test their hardware.

Ppl are purchasing tr without knowing.
Ganernexus made a little preview when he oops said that he will need to upgrade the cooler for any chance to barely oc the TR. Right off bat it's using between 260-360w

260-360w for a 16c processor? Not bad.

Lmao either this is a meme or you retarded .

>wild claims
>no link
Are you talking about the heatspreader coverage video? Because they made no claims, and hell it'll still probably be fine
Also
>expecting the company with a 65w 8 core to somehow create a 360w 16 core, when the rest of the architecture scales linearly
Uh huh

DELET DIS

Sure when it's Intel that is not equal tdp everyone is complaining but when amd does it it's brave.
It's like all your poojets are sjws protecting muh pooripper

UMA

>8 core 500 watts is the same as 16 cores 250 watts

DELÍCIA

goodbye

we did it reddit!

Kill yourself BR glueeater.

In the two hours since my post I transfered some money around and bought an R5 1600 and motherboard. Fuck Intel.

Yeah, Intel's been making a bunch of dumb panic moves lately.

I took some marketing classes for my business degree and holy fuck the "i9" branding is a silent fiasco unto itself. That's when I realized nobody was at the wheel for Intel.

MEGATASKING

>the conftest segmentation faults aren't specific to Ryzen,

What else does it affect? Or does this mean that this test can affect other archs?

It means conftest segfaults on anything, Intel, AMD, etc.

So does that that any real world implications then? If it can affect a lot of shit then could it be uncovering a modern x86 arch problem which has just gone undiscovered as it hasn't been found in the real world until ryzen,linux,gcc compiling?

Or does it just mean the test is a pos?

>double data rate fourth-generation

The Intel all-core turbos up into the mid 3GHz range.

>I just tried it on an Intel 2600K at the office... same segfault messages.
>Leaving out the build-php test case makes the messages stop happening.

Basically it creates segfaults under all hardware under certian test conditions.