De-Google General

Friendly reminder that if you're a person who respects their individual privacy and freedom, there is no reason to be using the products created by the CIA honeypot that is the Google company.

There is a plethora of options available for you to replace your Google apps that are lighter, faster and better in general, including respect for freedom and privacy.

>search engine?
DuckDuckGo, StartPage
>browser?
Firefox, various Firefox forks, Opera, Lightning for mobile
>email?
cock.li, Proton Mail
>cloud storage?
Syncthing, ownCloud
app store?
F-Droid, Yelp for Play Store front end
>YouTube?
NewPipe for mobile, not signing in on desktop
>SMS/Hangouts?
Signal
>calendar?
Etar
>keep?
a physical notebook
>news?
RSS client, Librenews

Other urls found in this thread:

assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>has opera listed as a chrome alternative
>both use blink
Good goy

dont forget yalpstore

Meant to say Yalp instead of yelp

There is nothing wrong with blink

>people use Hangouts

lel

>WELCOME TO THE BOTNET
is this some fucking joke?
What made people all of a fucking sudden want to stop using google products?

Google gives you much better search results because of its' botnet features. I don't care if they know what websites I visit if it means that I don't have to go through 10 pages of worthless results to get what I'm looking for.

>>keep?
>a physical notebook

>use 10+ different sites/programs to do what you can do in one place with Google
no thank you

That doggo is creeping me out

so why can't you just stay on reddit?

> (You)
>That doggo is creeping me out

I'm not a regular here. I'm from Sup Forums.

How good is the Brave browser? What are the best map alternatives to google?

Haha, that made me laugh! Have an upvote!

what are you looking for?

What does Yalp?

brave is built of chromium so it still talks to google and feeds them user statistics
searx.me, duckduckgo.com, ixquick etc

Open Street Maps
MAPS.ME for GPS on mobile

Anything that could have multiple meanings or is similar to x more popular thing, a search engine will default to the most popular thing in both cases as generally that is what people will be looking for, but with Google because of its' data collection it knows that maybe you're not interested in these things, so it pushes the what would otherwise be a less relevant result to the top for you. Sure you can guess that Google probably sells your information to chink botnets or whatever, but it's not without benefit for the end user.

Library of Play Store apk's without the Google

Thanks

DuckDuckGo, Google, and Startpage show the exact same conent

No, it's based off the blink engine, which isn't botnet like chromium is

No they don't, if I'm signed into Google it gives me far better search results 100% of the time.

Oh sweet. I debloated my tablet out of samsung and google apps so it's a good point to start

this is shilling right? there can't be such a difference in results for you to say such a preposterous thing

It's not much the difference. The results are just in different order, but you still get the same. Most likely search engines like Bing for example would end with much better results if people used it more

google give better results unless you are searching for something that they don't want you to find

case in point: it is impossible to find animexd on google.

Google removes a lot of websites from their engine.
Streaming sites, download sites (torrents included, or at least most of them), """alt-right"""" sites, etc.

Add searx to search engines, Tutanota and OpenMailBox to emails, for "app store" list Racoon, Wire, Riot, Ring for SMS/Hangouts. Also why not list Firefox on mobile as well? Android WebKit is botnet.
the superior method senpai

its a google play search engine and downloader
basically the play store but free as in freedom not free beer

>posted from android

And also MEGA for cloud storage, if you encrypt your data beforehand first.

*LineageOS

This.

You faggots will use shit tier alternatives like bing but when it comes down to it, you won’t take the applepill and get rid of fagdroid

MEGA is co-opted, strongly disadvise

Hahah, the only company that caters to all of Sup Forums's autism is jewgle. You’ll never be able to quit them.

There is, the difference between even using Google while logged in and using it when not logged in is significant if you've been using it for any length of time. It's even more pronounced on YouTube.

>google collects metric shittons of data
>haha what no way they give you different results when they know everything about your browsing habits? impossible!
Google IS the best search engine, but the decision you have to make is whether or not the extra convenience is worth giving up some of your privacy.

osmand

That's why I added encrypt beforehand yourself.
They try to be open as possible, but they are not trustworthy unless they open source their servers.
Still best we have right now.

Sup Forums is currently triggered because Google fired some guy that claimed white males are genetically superior in all intellectual pursuits.

Strawmen

is this engine foss?

>conservatives against a company being able to hire and fire as they please

Yeah

You're retarded dude. And so is the guy you're replying to. People have been advocating against Google for over a decade

yet nobody gave a shit until now?

I'm sure the flood of anti-Google posts is totally just a coincidence.

Did you first start browsing Sup Forums yesterday or something? I can't converse with someone who has absolutely no idea what they're talking about.

Ignore shills attempting to derail thread that has nothing to do with politics

Thanks

t. OP

What about Vivaldi for a browser?

Not as good as MAPS.ME, tbqh

Now don't be retarded and delete your shit just because of politics.

Eh, its been too long newfag. Its in the mods hands.

google is sjw shite

>delete
As if anything actually gets deleted

already have shillbot

What's the alternative? iOS is garbage

freedom to fire whoever you want and freedom to be criticized for it and freedom to question a company's culture and freedom for users to look for alternatives. what is it about freedom do leftist not understand?

cant wait for google to loose 1% of there userbase (that would multible million users btw)

Just use AOSP. Android without all the google garbage

I was de-Googled BEFORE IT WAS COOL. Except filling out these dang captchas

Gapps is needed if you don't want non shit funcionality

How much do you lose without gapps? I know a lot of apps can work with no problems, and even some nip games aren't google-service dependant anymore

>a physical notebook
TickTick is a pretty good replacement (ignoring the optional sync account that is)

How can u use signal without weirdos google services?

They don't give any apk and u need a lot of google dependencies to build it.

That shit doesn't look like an alternative '

Uses JavaScript for its UI, so it lags of you have a low end pc

>keep?
>a physical notebook
This user knows

Yalp store

If Vivaldi wasn't that slow to render sites, it would be my main browser

Is there a good search engine other than google that supports searching with an image?

>ditch google
>install weirdos google services
kek

The one thing I'm struggling to replace is Google News. I like just being able to search a topic and seeing a wide range of articles from different outlets on it. Duckduckgo has a similar feature, but it just doesn't seem to be as good, with comparisons of results revealing a lot lacking.

Youtube, there's no getting away from, particuarly on the dekstop. NewPipe fucking blows.

I have one obscure de-googleing tip
For people who are addicted to Granblue Fantasy like me and can't just switch off chrome because it's not compatible with Firefox or any other browser.

>Click the 3 dots tab in the top right of Chrome
>Show more tools
>Add to desktop

Now it will open the website with no search bar so you can't accidentally walk into the botnet. Addons like Viramate will still work.
Now you never have to open a real Chrome browser again.

>gapps is needed
All gapps does is make it more convenient for the non technologically literate

>granblue fantasy
You can also download the app from qooapp

All of it
>yfw liberal is a misnomer

assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf

LMAO

It's been rebranded as a browser game for a reason. The mobile version is very poorly optimized and practically abandoned.

Oh, I see. I guess it makes sense. There's no point on the app if you can just play it on the browser.

Ignore Le Brave meme. It's yet another close sourced Chromium pile of shit with an ad blocker slathered on top.

What you lads need is a ROM with signature spoofing support (i.e. NitrogenOS, AOSIP) and if you can't find that, then find a deodexed ROM (most are) and patch it in yourselves with Nanomod (everyone should check this out)
THEN, you can install microG.
Finally got my RN3P up and running on Nougat 7.1.2 with both Magisk, unoffical Xposed, MicroG AND substratum (need dem themes mang)
subscribe for more

Yeah, blink is 100% FOSS like webkit is. The engine is fine.

>document is reasonable, humane, and tries to be evidence-based and neutral
>tech """journalism""" makes it out to be a manifesto literally written by Hitler's reincarnation

hasn't journalism been like that for ages now? Too bad lots of the people talking about it on internet are based on those sites own "summary", rather than reading the thing by themselves

>hasn't journalism been like that for ages now?

I'm sure you're right. I've only truly realized how bad it is in the last 4 years or so, though I noticed plenty of shit articles before that. The The Gell-Mann amnesia effect is real.

>Too bad lots of the people talking about it on internet are based on those sites own "summary"
posting the actual document would contradict their lies. My god are these people scum

>stating a fact is now "claiming something" because you learned so on the community college
what shithole does even spawn people like you

>I can't read so Imma just make up some shit

fuck you dude

Try actually reading it.

is brave foss?

>Not browsing the sites you want via url
bruh

I don't get this, how can you watch youtube, save notes and download apps in one place

>recommending cock.li
Your opinion is irrelevant

>email
I use openmailbox, but they recently disallowed IMAP access for free accounts. Proton apparently doesn't allow it either "because it's not compatible with their infrastructure". Is cock the only option left? As much as I like what Vincent's doing, I don't want my email to go tits up after some bullshit raid on the servers.

>implying cockli should be used as a professional e-mail service
>implying an e-mail service that uses nigger.es as a domain is a valid option
>implying that other posters don't have a life outside of Sup Forums
Please kill yourself.

>proton mail
some drug dealer got busted on that
the wouldnt have known he was dealing drugs if they didnt spy on him

what's wrong with cock.li