/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old thread: What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13656540
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z3_(computer)
ferret-lang.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=-JhwxTen6yA
paste.ofcode.org/rnCXcaySWQmPfxXpBveitG
emacsthemes.com/themes/brin-theme.html
ecraven.github.io/r7rs-benchmarks/benchmark.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why's she still angry?

because you post here and you haven't even achieved satori.

Ongoing /dpt/ survey - what languages do you know?
Tick all that apply.
(Don't tick shit you _used_ to know)

strawpoll.me/13656540
Lisp = Common Lisp
Sorry for languages I missed

Why does D suck again?

GC

what the fuck, D is a garbage (collecting) language?

Yeah. You can turn it off but then everything you write is a minefield.

How do I achieve that

hey guise, I am learning how to administrate wangblows with PS. Am I basically a programmer now?

start by reading SICP

I can't read

>then everything you write is a minefield.
Not really, youll just get told you cant use XYZ.

Powershell is neat, but no

didn't stop Java from dominating the software world

Java has a good GC.

You can also watch the lectures by Hal Abelson and THE SUSSMAN

>cant even turn it off and on
>good

Noob here, bumbling around in Netbeans (Java). I accidentally clicked F7 instead of F6 when I was going to execute code and the UI flashed, a debugger appeared and I don't know how to fix it. Any better way than to relaunch Netbeans?

Going through SICP

In C11, is it possible to convert the absolute value of long long into unsigned long long without invoking UB? llabs may invoke UB without any prior warning.

Can't you do some bit manipulation if nothing else? The negative sign is represented by the highest bit, afaik. Copy every other bit and you'll have the absolute value

>The negative sign is represented by the highest bit, afaik
You're thinking of floats. Integers are 2's complement

>Integers are 2's complement
Explain

>Integers are 2's complement
yeah exactly in which case the highest bit is the sign

topmost bit takes the value of -2^(n-1)

invert the digits, add 1 to switch signs

Yeah, my bad. Anyway, this is not the solution since long longs are not guaranteed to have 64 bits, they may have 900 bits for example.

I'm looking for a standard-compliant solution, and I don't think there is one. I think standard allows char to be in range [-1000000; 127].

reminder that the computer was invented in nazi germany

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z3_(computer)

How do I make FFMPEG output the images it extracts from the video file and put it somewhere else instead of in users\Leo

check em
ferret-lang.org/

Going to work on enchiladas today

just two evening meetings first because fucking timezones and working for Americans from EU

maybe continue reading Haskell High Performance Programming® book

>Anyway, this is not the solution since long longs are not guaranteed to have 64 bits, they may have 900 bits for example.
Is that an issue? Can't you determine the actual size with sizeof?

This is more of a theoretical issue. I want to find out if there is a way to do what I want
in C without invoking UB. If this was a practical issue, I would be using Python.

sizeof is in C, surely

And where does it state that sizeof reports the actual number of bits used? sizeof(long double) reports 16, when only 80 bits are actually used.

cd

I see.

how would I change this? I want the outputted files to go to a different disk which is disk D:

>What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Exploring the deepest, darkest corners of Racket

Enjoying your h-games?

wrong thread buddy, this isn't how to computer 101

What do you mean?

>using a language without ISO standard

t. Ragda Pundesh

How many times do you switch font and color scheme on a day?

False. Pajeets like you can't exactly define what they're programming. I do.

>still using a language without ISO standard

>implying racket will ever have more than one implementation.

randomized every time i type a character

This. ISLISP is the only LISP worth getting into.

I'm still looking for a job.
So far: 2 recruiters and 2 job offers in 2 days.
The job offers are meh, so I'll be sending my CV to a bunch of companies.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CFAGS CAN'T EVEN CONVERT AN ABSOLUTE VALUE OF SIGNED TYPE INTO UNSIGNED TYPE WITHOUT INVOKING UNDEFINED BEHAVIOUR IN THE CURRENT YEAR

MY FUCKING SIDES, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. ENJOY YOUR WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT LANGUAGE

post CV

ffmpeg -i animu.mkv /some/dir/animu%05d.png

t. butthurt rustfag
long long int x = -1;
unsigned long long int y = (unsigned long long int) x < 0 ? -x : x

It's almost as if the output param was a path... you fucking retard.

youtube.com/watch?v=-JhwxTen6yA

ULLONG_MAX IS NOT GUARANTEED TO BE GREATER OR EQUAL THAN NEGATIVE LLONG_MIN

HAHA FUCKING RETARD, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW YOUR ANCIENT FUCKING LANGUAGE

>stopwatch.c
nice falseflagging retard

D:

anybody here use Chez Scheme? how does it compare to writing in Common Lisp? I'm thinking about making the transition since it seems more modernized and I'm expecting some eventual support in enterprise software at some point. I love CL but I'm getting really tired of hearing I'm old school :(

can you please answer me here:
about what font and scheme was this?

I really dig it

this is the pic that I meant to post

Chez Scheme is an implementation of R6RS Scheme. If you want to be cool, go for Racket.

Racket's implementation seemed a little lack luster compared to the performance of Chez and SBCL, is there any feature or reason it's a better idea to check out?

send help

looking for responses

paste.ofcode.org/rnCXcaySWQmPfxXpBveitG

Racket is slow. In fact, Lisps in general are slow.
You shouldn't pick a Lisp for its performance.

.global _start
.text
str: .ascii "Hello world!\n"
_start:
mov $1, %rax
mov $1, %rdi
mov $str, %rsi
mov $13, %rdx
syscall
mov $60, %rax
mov $0, %rdi
syscall

Lambda A.Calculus sempai, when did you stop telling gois to READ DA STANDARD and turn to bash C instead?

it's SQL man it's like what, 20 keywords and it's basically english in it's syntax? Learn UPDATE/WHERE SELECT/FROM and how to JOIN/INNERJOIN

think of a Btree like you're a cook in a kitchen and you're looking for a recipe in your cookbook. You start at the top level by A-Z and then keep going to the left or right depending on what you want Aa-Am , etc

Definitely used to be the case, SBCL performs better than most Python pplications I have though. If I put SBCL in LXC it still runs really well. The level of performance I need to acheive isn't like something running on embedded hardware I can deal with layers of abstraction and I'm not tight on resources.

the font is fantasque sans mono
the theme is brin
emacsthemes.com/themes/brin-theme.html

Chez was a crazy fast implementation of R5RS back in the day, but since it was closed source no one knows how it did that. Chicken was pretty close to Chez in term of performance though but Chez was reigning as the fastest Scheme. Compared to those two Racket was an embarassment given how many people were behind its development.
I don't know about R6RS Chez.

the next major version of Racket will be implemented on chez-scheme so i presume is must be quite good.

>Lambda A.Calculus
What is this?

A particular RETOID
If you got OP's pic you would know who he is too.

ah thats interesting, I saw that it was only recently made open source but I believe much of it's documentation is still proprietary x_x. heading in the right direction I suppose.

I will have to check it out, I have to account for a few lisps at my job so i'm not a disciple to any one implementation

thanks man

Whatever, I'm sticking with the standard. Turns out alleviates my burden and brings more structure and specifications to the table.

also, chez scheme has been bought by Cisco for more than $1 000 000 and is now open source.

No one uses R6RS. R6RS was completely skipped over.

It's either R5RS or R7RS, but R7RS is so new.

hmmmm, I wonder what the reasoning for the purchase was. Maybe they want to implement some sort of DSL for routing or something?

fnct sum_mult(k:int, n:int) -> int $ (p=k/n)(q=p*(++p)/2) ; return (q*n) ?
total:int as 0 += sum_mult(N, _2) with _2 in range (_2=3,5,15);

>Compared to those two Racket was an embarassment given how many people were behind its development.
What? Chicken is know for being one of the slowest implementations of scheme

ecraven.github.io/r7rs-benchmarks/benchmark.html

disgusting

it's not rare that a company buy another one not for its products but for its patents.

>disgusting
Are you allergic to good code, my dear sire?

literally what language is that?
Please dont tell me its sepples

I said "was". I don't know how they currently are anymore because I haven't been involved with Scheme since 2013.

I'm allergic to languages out of C family, or as I like to call them, the brown languages

>C family
you mean Algol family?

In-house language, created by some retarded faggot with his head so far up his ass that he found the old creators of AS3

I will start learning python in 5 minutes, is this the best book/pdf for python ?
Pic related

Yes.

Also
>R7RS benchmark
Chicken's author was anal about anything beyond R5RS for as long as I can remember so it even surprises me that he did an R7RS implementation at all.

Tl;dr Functional ActionScript woth pointers and macros

>Functional ActionScript
but why