Medpaks, better to learn high German or standard German ? Another medpak said Swiss German is not necessary

Medpaks, better to learn high German or standard German ? Another medpak said Swiss German is not necessary.

;_;

hochdeutsch (high german)=standard german
learn the language while you live there.
swiss german is more important than standard german imo, you can learn standard german pretty easily if you speak swiss german anyway so it doesnt matter

it always baffles me how few swiss browse this site

its not a big country

It has 8 million people, that's the same as Sweden, Norway, Denmark, 2 million less than Portugal yet their flag is almost rare

Swissdeutsch is harder to learn since most of the learning resources on the interweb are in hochdeutsch.

It also sounds funny and weird...

high german is standard german you idioto
swiss german is not necessary to live here but you'll have to make it clear every time you talk to someone that you don't steap swiss german

its not hard to learn if you live in switzerland
nords speak better english than swiss. swiss have german, french and italian dubs. scandis dont, so theyre more exposed to english.

For you.

Learn normal school german and everyone will understand.

Huh, I never noticed, you're rightThey must be turbo-normalfags.

its also very rural

>hochdeutsch (high german)=standard german
>high german is standard german you idioto
This is wrong. OP is right.
High German is a term covering all Middle German and Upper German dialects. Among those are Meissenisch, Kölsch, Bavarian and Swiss German, among many others. They are generally regarded as a single language.
The term was originally used to distinguish the language from Low German (Plattdüütsch), which was and partially still is spoken in Northern Germany.
Standard German is an artificial a posteriori language that was a standardized compromise of all High German dialects. It can be understood by most speakers of High German dialects, and is the mother tongue of most people in Germany and some adjacent countries or territories today.

High german sounds very rude desu. Its very... Bureaoucratically

But is easier to learn. Here in liechtenstein, we have 11 villages and that means we have 11 variations of german

How's life in Lichtenstein?
What do you think of the prince?

It is easy for a spaniard to get a job there? : 3

Its okay. We dont have the problems of other nations and their fuzz about it. The few refugees that come here mostly dont stay and mistaken us for seitzerland.

Brexit is not our Problem, we not EU

And our principal rules the country good. I personally cannot complain

And overseas?

Guess, when you are qualified enough.

But we are already full.

Speaking of learning German, how would I learn Swiss German.

I'm thinking of picking up Rosetta Stone for German but it's standard German. I've heard that it's more or less incompatible with Swiss German. But there's really no resources that I can easily find for learning Swiss German.

If I learn Standard German, is it easy to follow up on Swiss German?

what's the best micronation in europe?

We are :3

And who was a good boy?

I live in Detroit.
Between miles of abandoned strip malls in the burbs and a major city 90% in ruins, it's not great.

"Learning" swiss german is not that easy. Most people cannot even pronounce certain letters how they do. And dont get me startet on the local varieties.

Your best chance is to life in a swiss village and speak german. Eventually over time you will speak like them

But not at zurich. Zurich is disgusting

Who?

I love your restaurant

You are :3

is liechtenstein heaven on earth?

>But not at zurich. Zurich is disgusting
I always found Züritüütsch to be one of the more more pleasant-sounding Swiss dialects, 2bh. Could be I'm a bit biased, since I spent a few years there as a wee lad, but I don't think that's the only reason. The more mountainous and isolated the dialect is, the stranger and more incomprehensible it is to me.

That's a problem. I don't know where I'd live in Switzerland. Pretty much any of the German areas seem nice. I like to live beside mountains but that describes like...all of Switzerland.