Mfw Samsung is responsible for ~20% of South Korea's economy

>mfw Samsung is responsible for ~20% of South Korea's economy
What happens to Koreans who don't buy Samsung? Are they rounded up and shot as traitors?

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2012/07/whoa-samsung-is-responsible-for-20-of-south-koreas-economy/260552/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TY66Jxw9nfE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaibatsu
youtu.be/BW-q6w-e_Cs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiretsu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiretsu#In_Japan
youtu.be/S-TvOHhzWDs
androidheadlines.com/2016/05/finland-becomes-key-european-market-for-chinas-huawei.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the left looks shopped if anything

There's no way this is true.
This means that if Samsung falls, Korea falls with it.

South Koreans know that, so if Samsung is ever in enough trouble, their government will probably try to keep Samsung alive with subsidies and stuff.

But South Korea was actually pretty poor a few decades ago, they grew really fast, I think Samsung is able to make up such a large % of their economy because their economy hasn't had time to diversify yet.

>South Koreans know that, so if Samsung is ever in enough trouble, their government will probably try to keep Samsung alive with subsidies and stuff.
I would guess so, but in a case of a death of the company, this cannot last much with said company making up 20% of GDP.
>But South Korea was actually pretty poor a few decades ago
Yeah, I knew about this.
I used to joke about how South Korea is the new Spain, with it growing like crazy to suddenly die in an instant, but I didn't think the situation could actually happen.

>Robert Z'dars long lost korean sister

thats the case

Is that really legal?? I mean, could USA do the same with Microsoft or Apple? Aint something like cheating this?

Spain produces nothing of value tho.

That's what happens when you copy the Japanese development model and end up with zombie companies.

Microsoft or Apple don't make up 20% of our economy. If they get subsidies, it would be because if lobbyists, not necessity.

Having all your eggs in one basket is just going to make it more painful when the basket drops. Better start diversifying before that happens.
t. egg pro

>maple syrup

samsung will never die anyway even if they want to. they cant die by any means and will live forever

What?

America has zombie companies as well.

Are prostitutes, Kpop, and plastic surgery the other 80%?

Yes you dumb retard.

boycott samsung

never buying another samsung product again

worst korea needs to burn

Sales doesn't count for GDP. Value added amount is for GDP. Samsung's ratio in Korean GDP is less than 5%.

t. the Bank of Korea employee

>Sales doesn't count for GDP
That's literally all GDP is.

Gross domestic PRODUCTION. Economy =/= GDP. Consumption does not count towards GDP if the thing you're consuming was produced in another country.

Shit I forgot to add the most important point. Income does not count towards GDP if it is earned in another country too. If you invest in an American company and get dividends from it, it counts towards America's GDP, not Finland's, despite the profit going to Finland.

But it does if the thing that was consumed was produced in your country.

True. And Samsung is technically a multi national corporation with subsidiaries all over the world. So you couldn't add all their income to South Korea's GDP.

I heard the top 10 largest chaebols or Korean conglomerates such as Hyundai and Samsung occupy 70% of the Korean GDP.

That's so unhealthy for a democratic developed country that it is making South Korea look like another backward tyrannical state not much different from North, even though I understand all this was designed and imposed by the IMF, not Koreans themselves, to have the whole Asia crawl out of the financial crisis alive in the 90s.

nothing. not that all of the Japanese buy Toyota cars.

So Samsung is an even larger part of Korean economy than the GDP figures would suggest.
But japan is exactly the same. It's more efficient so where's the problem?

Basically just operation income of the company and payment to its employee go for country's GDP. Samsung's operating income is 25 trillion annually and payment to its employee is 3 trillion annually. South Korea's GDP is 1500 trillion so that Samsung's ration in Korean GDP is roughly 1.9%.

That's not what GDP is. You have the wrong translation of whatever it is you mean.

>But japan is exactly the same.
not really

I'm in charge of GDP statistics in the central bank of South Korea. What is your job there?

you said you were an employee, now you're in charge of their statistics, in the next post you'll be the owner of the bank

Well, at least it's tech. Demand for electronics isn't going to drop any time soon, so there's that much less uncertainty. If they fail, it'll probably be because of their own mistake, not something unavoidable.
>posting from a Samsung tablet
I think they're OK.

Yes and you should recheck to make sure you use the correct terminology when you transition to speaking English.

Are Fridays days off at your central bank?

Ok sorry about my bad english but what I want to say is simple. Even though Samsung is the biggest company in Korea, it accounts for just small portion of national economy.

TGIF. Fridays is always relaxing.

Samsung does more than just make smartphones. It's a massive conglomerate and does almost everything. That 20% is all under one name, but it includes diverse operations.

>Notable Samsung industrial subsidiaries include Samsung Electronics (the world's largest information technology company measured by 2012 revenues, and 4th in market value),[3] Samsung Heavy Industries (the world's 2nd-largest shipbuilder measured by 2010 revenues),[4] and Samsung Engineering and Samsung C&T (respectively the world's 13th and 36th-largest construction companies).[5] Other notable subsidiaries include Samsung Life Insurance (the world's 14th-largest life insurance company),[6] Samsung Everland (operator of Everland Resort, the oldest theme park in South Korea)[7] and Cheil Worldwide (the world's 15th-largest advertising agency measured by 2012 revenues).[8][9]
>wiki

me too

Just because they reinvest, avoid taxes, and employ less than a % of all people in Korea doesn't mean they're a small portion of the national economy. Most big companies are like that.

lol really? really?????REALLY?
you sound like a serious compulsive liar.

or if its real then its pretty surprising otherwise because things what you mention are simply extraordinary wrong and you are incredibly stupid and lazy as such a public employee

no real japs post here as they work not shitpost all day. Either you are loser English teacher or some NEET.

Please don't cry and could you elaborate what is wrong in my argument?

typical retarded jap

family reunion

>Demand for electronics isn't going to drop any time soon,

The problem of the industry is more and more Chinese/Taiwanese competitors with much cheaper and practically sufficient products keep getting in the ring while demand is struggling to boom

You're saying that as if Samsung makes mobile phones and thats it.

SAMSUNG is a Asian style conglomerate America doesn't have that or at least doesn't have it in such a visual fashion.

Samsung makes

Notable Samsung industrial subsidiaries include Samsung Electronics (the world's largest information technology company measured by 2012 revenues, and 4th in market value),[3]

Samsung Heavy Industries (the world's 2nd-largest shipbuilder measured by 2010 revenues),[4] and

Samsung Engineering and Samsung C&T (respectively the world's 13th and 36th-largest construction companies).[5]

Other notable subsidiaries include Samsung Life Insurance (the world's 14th-largest life insurance company),[6] Samsung Everland (operator of Everland Resort, the oldest theme park in South Korea)[7] and
Cheil Worldwide (the world's 15th-largest advertising agency measured by 2012 revenues)

Samsung General Chemicals
Samsung Techwin - Basically the Military-Industiral Arm say like Lockheed Martin
Samsung Engineering is a multinational construction company headquartered in Seoul. It was founded in January 1969. Its principal activity is the construction of oil refining plants; upstream oil and gas facilities; petrochemical plants and gas plants; steel making plants; power plants; water treatment facilities; and other infrastructure.[89] It achieved total revenues of 9,298.2 billion won (US$8.06 billion) in 2011

Imagien if in America Apple owned.

Insurance.
Hotels.
Heavy machine production such as forklifts
Ship Building
Electronics devices from Stoves to Vacum Cleaners every appliance imaginable
If Apple made their own Mobile Phones
If Apple made their own TVs
If Apple made their own Processors

People see samsung and think oh jeet they're Mobile Phoens, TVs and ACs.

No thats just the shit they're top notch in that you see.

I'm glad I don't support Samsung. But Huawei like all the cool people do.
youtu.be/TY66Jxw9nfE

Yes really.

You even fucking invented a word for it. Zaibatsu.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaibatsu

then bring the all data and info and statistics ensure your conclusion. it must be fucking easy since you are the super expert and the OFFICIAL servant in charge of GDP statistics or even, in fact, its just about the official national decision that just YOU judge and approve.

theres nothing more stupid than defending a lazy greedy public employee or just samefagging.

PING PONG TING TONG

Support more Chinese phone industry. That is where the future is. Huawei.
youtu.be/BW-q6w-e_Cs

>youtu.be/TY66Jxw9nfE
I just got a One Plus 3
Why the fuck would I buy a Huawei?

they are gone

Samsung currently still has most of the latest manufacturing tech in microelectronics, even taiwan is lagging behind - And taiwanese electronic components aren't much cheaper to begin with.

Because Motorola

Got a Samsung monitor a few weeks ago and it was very good value. Thanks, Korea.

They're gone really?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiretsu

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keiretsu#In_Japan

All these GONE zaibatus... controlling 50% of all of Japans industry...

Why should I trust a Fin with phones?

You faggots had the best phones in the world.

If anything do exactly the opposite of what a Fin tells you when it comes to Phones.

Ok no problem. Stay away from Huawei Honor.
youtu.be/S-TvOHhzWDs

show a few of them before playing innocent, you fucking schizo liar. though ive already known fooling people and scamming without conscience are a korean traditional norm and common practice that i can never get used to

I can't tell if the Jap or the Korean is the mentally unstable one here.

Protip: Jap is Zainichi Korean false flagging.

speak english plz

t. False flagging Jap

Japan is actually Korean trying to make bad image to Japanese.

Keiretsu has become nothing but just historical brotherhood of companies now

They have little strategic benefits other than some sort of stock market safety net and almost no integrated well-organized corporate governance among these companies in Keiretsus any more, unlike Korea's chaebols where top leaders (mostly the families of the founders) of each chaebul have decisive influence on members

What I mean is most consumers around the world do not actually beg for the "latest tech" only Samsung can showcase.

People start preferring reasonably priced and moderately specced second tier Asian gadgets to over-specced Korean competition as they basically look the same and Korean brands are still not as distinctive and desirable as Apple and other cutting edge electronics brands from developed countries in growing markets.

>their government will probably try to keep Samsung alive with subsidies and stuff.

Uhhh? South Korea is state-capitalist sort of like China.

Companies like Samsung are called Chaebols, they basically are the Government for all intents and purposes. The entire South Korean economy and political system is controlled by a handful of dynastic families who run these massive corporations who all collude with eachother through the Government.

thats somewhat right but at least im not zainichi

now that liar, the self-proclaimed korean central banker ran away
and, as always, these stupid gookchink immigrant mobs have come out of nowhere and started to defend anything gookchink related neglecting the threads consequence and any shit their comrade did.

any azn thread on Sup Forums always ends up in either this chinkgook's commie-ish material warfare or netouyos endless spamming

speak english pl0x

Where is China?

B& for spam.

the boat/ship

Hahaha. China is carrying all this shit. :D

>A Finn advertising a non Nokia phone

Blasphemy.

Are they same person?

I was visiting Everland in Korea and they do the announcements in like 4 different languages

The Chinese one came on and this Korean kid started loudly going "NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH" mocking the Chinese voice and his mom had to cover his mouth.
it was a pretty good sight

takeshima?

>Blasphemy
We are HUAWEI country now.
androidheadlines.com/2016/05/finland-becomes-key-european-market-for-chinas-huawei.html

When Daewoo went down the shitter is was a really big deal in wurst Korea.

kek.

Based Korean kid.

Why? Huawei is crap.

actually Chinese sounds Myah Nyah Ching Chang Myao as such

No it is not. It has good quality/price. Also EMUI UI is like iOS.

>It has good quality/price

Wang Fongzhou plz go.

Nope it is technically better in hardware and more cost-effective. Just doesn't have the brand.

They make it in the same factory as the Iphones.

You know it. Thumbs up.

Huawei is a piece of shit. Never buy chink brands.

Every phone is chink phone.

Chink BRANDS, nigger. Learn to read.

Brand doesn't matter, it is just a brand. The phone is always the same chink phone.

You're a fucking retard. Non-Chinese brands have something called quality assurance. Chinese brands don't because chinks are too busy cutting corners. Chinks are capable of making decent shit as long as the people in charge are not chinks themselves.

>le meme
chinks are in charge and they make exactly what they're paid for. it's that simple

>implying Chinese do anything in the factories besides fix machines when they break and pull misassembled shit off the conveyor
Protip: no one actually touches 90% of the electronics that go into your cellphone.

hanguk-san let me hire you
I need a rooftop Korean, shit is going down over here thanks