Why does Portugal even exist?

Why does Portugal even exist?
Why isn't it a part of Spain?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_da_Paz,_Prince_of_Portugal
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitio_de_Cartagena_de_Indias_(1741)
youtube.com/watch?v=JNqZTuxRkZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

import sex brides and grooms.

>import sex brides and grooms.
to Germany? no really, your people is ugly lad and the country is even a fucking shit

and bored

They want to be independent.

Retard portuguese with pics of battles they won incoming

We had a autistic thread about this yesterday full of portugese spouting ancient battles where they defeated the spanish

because they TSUUUUUUU'd the fuck out of Spain many times

>inb4 butthurt portuguese posting wikibattles.

Because we never arranged a marriage that united the kingdoms as we did with the rest of the Peninsula. The kingdom of Navarra was conquered, though, but they were very weak.

Not sure at all
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miguel_da_Paz,_Prince_of_Portugal

If you look at Spanish history, it's actually a miracle THE REST of Spain is together.
Seriously, Spain being that big is the anomaly, not Portugal being small and not attached.

It just looks weird that there is a country on a peninsula that isn't connected to other parts of Europe. Only the ocean and Spain around it.

I'm sure you know how difficult uniting Germany was.
The same goes for Italy.
It's not hard to imagine processes like these can easily fail halfway through.
Maybe that tiny little kingdom has enough allies and wealth to survive even if it is next to a bigger one.
See Switzerland, Liechtenstein, San Marino.

fuck germany
I am a Greek

switzerland has mountains and is a non-country, influenced by 3 other non-countries. Portugal is just a piece of land that screams invade me.

They dont want us and we dont want them.

Because no one wants to be a part of Spain?
What are you on, OP? Does Germany want to be a part of Spain?

yes

Well, in Portugal we have a saying that goes "De Espanha, nem bom vento nem bom casamento" which translates to "From Spain, neither good winds nor good weddings".
You don't question dank wisdoms.

What the hell is this pic?

Honestly, the Portuguese is right.

Most Europeans you have a poetic vision of Spain in which Portugal belongs to us, when it is not true. Portugal must be independent, we have more to do with Italy than with Portugal.

If you do not believe me visit /espita/, we are practically the same shit when behaving (Chronic autism), while Portugal seems our brother with chronic depression.

The truth is that we are very uninformed about Spain in Europe.

>De Espanha, nem bom vento nem bom casamento

Absolutely right

Just remind them how they got btfo by street shitters.

pay debts

We destroyed the English fleet with 6 ships and 600 peruANOS in Cartagena. Do not forget.

>Spanish men prefer italian girls
>Spanish woman prefer italian men
>Italian girls prefer spanish men
>Italian men prefer spanish women

The nation of the two peninsulas must be born.

It's not possible for a spaniard to forget British naval dominance. Our colonial possession of Gibraltar has been generating Spanish saltmines for centuries.

I really want to be a part of spain.
I like spain.

No one care of us in Italy they have more in common with france or germany than with us

>es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitio_de_Cartagena_de_Indias_(1741)

>Be british
>sends its entire fleet
>A Spanish and a group of Peruvian destroy it

Oh shiet hehehehe fish and chips!!!

I mean a marriage that was successful in that regard.

And now you are Simbabwe tier.

Well done britain well done what ever.

So how do I join Spain? Can my country apply for this somewhere?
Would Spaniards accept a territory in Germany as their own?

>No one care of us in Italy they have more in common with france or germany than with us

By God, if when you put a Spanish and an Italian in the same room fun make real.

We despise hard working people.

>Would Spaniards accept a territory in Germany as their own?

No. Stop coming to Spain, WE ARE FULL

Not all Germans are hard working desu.
I'm actually pretty lazy and comfy.

Northern italians dislike Spain, though, the only ones that like us are the southern euros and desu they are the friendly ones.

youtube.com/watch?v=JNqZTuxRkZs

But aren't you greek?

>Be Spanish
>Know your cowardly Navy is so shit you won't even attempt to fight Britain one on one
>Team up with French Navy for a 2 v 1
>Still get brutally assraped

Lazy german = hard working spaniard

>Northern italians dislike Spain
Since when we hear the italian catalans?

Yeah okay Hans, you can't even step out your front door without being gangraped by 20 rapefugees as Ms. Merkel watches on fingering her fat, sweaty cunt.

Aljubarrota never 5get

/r/ing that edit of an anime girl biting a fish pic with Portugal-related sayings in it

Again, we defeated with 6 ships, you you had 100 ships in Cartagena.

6 VS 100 is more epic than 33 vs 41.

>be an inbreed mutant
>defeat spanish navy with MORE ships and commanded by a great admiral unlike Spain that had a guy that got sick on a boat
>storm comes to the rescue
>believe england was blessed by god and send a counter attack called the english armada
>get assraped so hard by women and peasants that had to spent 50 years to fully recover

I've actiaully never seen a rapefugee myself.
You can be lucky to not have children.
>betrayal of 5 gorillion children by "asian" immigrabts

Lol man the defeat of trafalgar was just a french fault, you can never trust in the frenc navy

kek, that's hilarious coming from a nation that encourages pakis to rape their daughters, you can't be more cucked than that, so stop talking about Germany

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

spanish """""""""""""""""""""armada""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>battle of fishguard
how the fuck did i not know about this? it's like something from hornblower or sharpe.

Thanks lad

>military indecisive
>storm
>storm

Funny how portuguese always avoid to mention the battle of Alcantara

Well then remember the annual

that doesn't refute my
>spanish """""""""""""""""""""armada""""""""""""""""""""""""""

That is indeed hilarious coming from a nation that were raped so utterly and completely by marauding brown muslim moors that today one can barely even consider a spaniard white with their swarthy looks. You are literally a paki.

Real talk here:
>Portugal unified and finished it's reconquista long before Castile
>They were in numerous wars with each other, England usually allied with Portugal (pano e vinho)
>Iberian union did happen (rip D. Sebastião), but the Portuguese didn't getuch off it besides getting their colonies invaded, so they declared war when Spain was at war with the rest of Europe and won

We never were white, cuck, and there is literally no differences among meds. At least we didn't encourage muslims to come to our country, rape our daughters and then the police hidded the cases. In a couple of decades muslims will own the remain of your "United" Kaliphate.

that doesn't refute my
>6 VS 100 better than STROM help

>finished the reconquista

What's that meme? They just didn't have the balls to fight the powerfull muslims from Cordoba, Seville or Granada. Conquering the southwestern ones was baby tier. Also, half of the time muslims paid tributes to Castile and Aragon. Would have been stupid to kill the cow that you milked.

>we never were white
Talk for yourself

Reminder that the British have never won a fair battle since the end of the 100 year war

Proper nation is Iberia; glorious republic of peoples of the Iberian peninsula.

>the swarthy faces of the Silures, the curly quality, in general, of their hair, and the position of Spain opposite their shores, attest to the passage of Iberians in old days and the occupation by them of these districts; ..." (Tacitus Annales Xi.ii, translated by M. Hutton)

Even by roman standarsds we were dark as fuck. I will never understand the iberians that believe they are white. We are better than those betacucks.

>Rupublic.

>>>/Hispachan/
>>>/Twitter/

Tbh, Spain always fought with honor and look what that gave to us. You have to admit that being a coward backstabber is a smart behaviour if you live in an island.

>English Armada
>Drake disastrous expedition
>Cartagena de indias or war of jenkins ear

There you have the english counter part

Okay, brown person. By the way, enjoy those 3 million darkies, soon to become Swedish and German citizens, free to pillage their way through your country. At least we have the best chance being able to control our own destiny now, as we watch towards the continent in amusement.

You are already doomed, cuckboy. In 50 years meds will still exist while whites will be somenthing you will read in fairy tales.

Then i'll just have to be content with being superior to you, shitskin.

It would look ugly on the map desu
>tributes
You can tax them if they're inside your cunt, probably even better than otherwise. What made you conquer Granada, then?

Pic related.

>being superior
>his race is genocided

Take pride in your lack of melanin, cuckboy. It seems the only thing you have.

Religious fanatism

What's there to do in Portugal lads? Won a free stay at a 5-star hotel in Porto for a couple of nights, wondering whether I should extend my trip and visit some other places nearby.

One of the most famous libraries in the world, it appeared in the Harry Potter movies.

>I am a Greek
lol this guy again

Is that in Porto itself?

>this question again
Is it really that hard to google "Luso-Spanish wars"? We have enough by cucking Galicia, León, Euskadi, Granada, Aragón and Cataluña, we wouldn't -and, indeed, weren't- capable of cucking yet another country.

Why do you assume you aren't the one that was cucked ?

>Why don't you assume that Castilla got cucked?
Is this what Portuguese "humour" is like?

it's beyond your understanding