2. Can you legally own a firearm?

1. Canada
2. Getting my license this year.

youtube.com/watch?v=yLr-3Am9EMA

France
Yes, no need for a license.

New York

Barely

I'd have to get a license and have a good enough purpose so they'd give me one.

Anyway, I've got a bow.

>no need for a license.
Wow, really? To own a semi-auto rifle here, you need to pass a safety test. The content is in the video I posted: it mostly involves making sure the gun is unloaded.

For any arms of C cat (up to semi-auto rifles) you don't need a license at all. You walk in, show your ID and buy it. The store owner only has to inform the police that you bought a gun.

>Barely
Canada has weird restrictions. You can have up to 10 bullet rifle magazine if you use a magazine with the word "pistol" on it. Otherwise, it's 5 bullets.

>, I've got a bow.
Cool. I only have a bigass machete. Pic related.

I live on a farm so there's a machete lying around somewhere, too, but not with the saw on the other side.

You don't need a licence de tir anymore ?

Flag
Nobody has gun so I dont have it too
And i love not having it. Rights to carry gun? Im okay with not having that. But have little rights in overall so it kind of sucks tho

United (For the moment( Kingdom.
Yes, I in fact used to own an AR15 when I still lived with my parents who were very into stalking but left it with my father because I can't fit a gun locker in my apartment.

New York basically makes it impossible for you to leave your house with a firearm without it getting potentially confiscated. It's ridiculous.

Get licence, get guns

Course, the licence procedure is a huge PIA and some of it is a case of 'need' to own. I own a couple of semiautomatic rifles as I'm a primary producer and do (paid) feral animal destruction.
Handguns are not as restricted as semiauto rifles, but there no legal option for open-carry or conceal carry.

>Handguns are not as restricted as semiauto rifles,
It's the opposite here. You need a higher level license to own a handgun. Although, there are "evil" rifles (like semi-auto ak-47) that are prohibited for no good reason, even though it's easier to obtain a rifle of performance equivalent to ak-47 than a handgun.

Yeah in terms of 'difficulty' the handgun is slightly harder to get than the licences for recreational hunting-type rifles and shotguns, I do a bit of time in a pistol club to teach people how to not shoot themselves, weapon safety and shit like that.
Which I'm kind of ok with as a little bit of knowledge isn't a bad thing even if its rammed down your throat! Got to remember not everyone had a dad or uncles who taught them how to shoot and tends to cover the lowest denominator of the general public, who can be surprisingly stupid :)

Course if you've got a criminal record you aren't getting anything legally.

Yes, but:

>no full auto
>need to be a collector, have a hunting license or be a member of a shooting range
>thorough background check, can't own firearms with a mental illness or criminal record
>have to be a member of shooting range for at least 1 year if you want to buy your own firearm for sport shooting
>then wait another half a year to buy the next one, up to 5 firearms
>ammo needs to be stored separately in a safe
>police can randomly come by and do a check up on the previous

At least there are no restrictions on barrel length, magazine size etc, otherwise it's pretty strict

Never understood why folk thought they needed a semi-auto rifle or a handgun to be honest. I'd like to hear a good reason as to why you feel those types are necessary.

Semi-auto rifles are useful in Canada because of wildlife like bears, wolves and coyotes.

these la gook niggas get kamikaze'd

they unconsciously might have gotten it like chung hee. he was consciously doing things though,

No idea what you mean.

Fair enough. Gun owners for the most part in the UK tend to look down on folk who use semi-auto rifles in other countries due to general snobbery and see it as "Well you just can't shoot then if you need more than one shot" but tend to forget that there's bugger all that is actually dangerous in the UK countryside.

As I mentioned- feral animal destruction.
This isn't popping down to the paddock to kill half a dozen bunnies or fucking around in the woods like Elmer Fudd for a weekend to shoot a deer and go home.

Someone generally comes to me (often the government surprisingly!) who pays me to get rid of a feral goat, pig, dog, cat, horse, deer problem and occasional kangaroo overpopulation. I own a couple of really nice bolt action rifles with great range and accuracy. But that doesn't cut it, so we get a helicopter and I'll kill upwards of 3-400 feral goats or 200 odd feral pigs or whatever is the nuisance and environmental problem. These are major problems here in Australia- introduced pests ruin the environment on a scale that's vast and to the point of collapse in some areas.

City people, greens voters and other assorted ignorant masses believe its not happening or they can hug the problem out.
They can't

Austria.
I can get a shotgun or single shot rifles without any license and without being on any list. For other stuff you need to get a Waffenbesitzkarte which costs a bit of money and includes a small background check and a psychological test.

you can get it if you know about the current korea pm park's fathers background, ideals, mindset, and code of conduct.