Is it really true murricans or non-Swedes don't keep track on what week number it is?

Is it really true murricans or non-Swedes don't keep track on what week number it is?
How do you schedule anything?

youtube.com/watch?v=DyAgZDlWYaw

Other urls found in this thread:

hvilkenukeerdet.no
ukenr.no
thelocal.se/20130812/49598
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've never heard of 'week numbers.' If I wanted to schedule something, I'd just use the date.

There's not even week numbers in your calendars?
I can't even imagine making it without week numbers.

What about name days, do you not have name days? I never see it mentioned in Hollywood movies. Is it not celebrated?

>There's not even week numbers in your calendars?
Nope, I just looked in my computer clock's settings and there's not even an option to add it.

>What about name days, do you not have name days?
I don't know what that is, so probably not.

You strange

I hate that windows doesn't include it by default. There's a page called
hvilkenukeerdet.no

(literally: whichweekisit)

that I visit periodically to find out where we're at.

We use week numbers for like, everything. "we'll be out in vacation from week 26 to week 28" "the results should come in during week 34 sometime" "easter is week 13 this year" etc.

Sorry, that site is apparently not run anymore.

This works.

ukenr.no

From my perspective, it seems like unnecessary complication when the month and day are perfectly fine.

But you use months before days before years, anyways, so what do you know about practical date systems...

But sometimes you cant be as specific as a certain date, or it's just overly specific. See It also helps get your head around how long ago/until a certain day.

Germans must do this too at least right, it can't only be nords? Ordnung, etc.

TIL all Swedes have autism...

Month first gives info on what season and a general time of year instead of day first, only thing you get from day first is how far away from payday you are

We don't use week numbers but we have name days (we don't really celebrate them though)

The order of written dates is irrelevant to what I'm talking about, week numbers are redundant information.

You don't have to use the specific date all the time. In that vacation example, I could tell my boss 'I'm taking the first two weeks of July off' or something.

>til
this has always been common knowledge

It's not autism, you're just lazy and disorganized as fuck

Chill Karl, I just like to live relaxed without racing with time

>week numbers
What's the point of months, then?

Nice autism nodicks

What is the point of week numbers? If you have the month/date (ex. 28 March) why do you need to know what week it is?

Week numbers are a further refinement
12 months
52 weeks
365 days

I can understand the logic but I've survived all of my life without using week numbers and don't intend to start

>ordnung is autism
REEEE

Society will not function if there is no ordnung.

thelocal.se/20130812/49598

This can't be right. Do non-swedes not keep track of air and water temperatures either?

THIS

Nice economy eastshits

>go to spain
>miss bus because it comes "some time around 6 o clock" and not 06:03 precisely
>want to do business errand - no it's siesta now, come back after we have rested for a few hours
>"how warm is the pool?" - "warm"

REEEEEE-

ORDNUNG MUSS SEIN!!!

Siesta is a lie.
Maybe construction worker's do it when is to hot to work but everyone else works regular hours .

Why lie on the internet?

>Go to Spain
>See old lady getting robbedand beaten by a gypsy
>Two policement sees the whole thing, but they refuse to step in and stop it.
>Siesta

Are weeks starting on Sundays in Sweden?

No, Mondays.
That's an american example. And another thing worth insulting murricans over. How does it make ANY sense sundays are the first day?
they're literally part of the "week-end"

I never got that - hate it when a piece of software has this and is not changeable - also 12hr time system.

Yeah, then it's automatically into the trash.

I dislike 12 hr time also, week numbers are a bit pointless though.
I agree the week starts Monday but on calendar I lke Sunday first, so Wednesday is in the middle.

Why should Wednesday be in the middle of the week? It would make more sense in a German speaking country because we say Mittwoch (mid-week). (But it's still OK since it is understood that this is the mid of the working week; Mon-Fri.)

interesting factoid: in Irish they say simply an MhĂ­ for Wednesday which just means middle or the middle

in Portuguese, mondays are called segunda-feira (second fair?), so it makes sense that Sunday is the first day. I thought the week started on Mondays in the USA, or is it only the case in the UK? I remember seeing calendars in English that start in Monday

We use them, too. Mostly for deadlines in business related stuff

Weeknumbers are the work of the devil. Everyone uses them. And I have trouble enough remembering what month it is, let alone what day it is. And week numbers aren't included in any of the often used electronic calendars which is just plain idiotic in our society.

t. Dane