What is objectively the best language?

Don't give me that "all languages are equal, just different" crap.

And separate from that, which language has the best writing system?
French for example has a lot of silent letters that could be done away with.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p_5yt5IX38I
aeon.co/essays/why-is-english-so-weirdly-different-from-other-languages
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Slovak

What does that even sound like?

Italian in my opinion but you're going to get different answers from everyone.

Well Italian is what they usually use for operas and choirs, so you have a good case

like a vak, only slower

English is literally the best language and your thread is passive aggressive bullshit because you are well aware of that you prick Anglo

There is no 'best language'. Like everything in life, they all have their pros and cons.

English. Because I speak it, and I'm the main character.

Esperanto nigga, if humans die and that book or some shit whatever it is still around new life can learn that language from the fuckin' book !

You picked up on that did you?

>Don't give me that "all languages are equal, just different" crap.
>Don't give me that "scientific fact" crap.

So you're saying that all languages are objectively equal?
Do you really think that that African clicking language is comparable to modern French, English or German?

That's like saying all modes of transportation are equal.
Here's a hint: a car is better than a tricycle

if we're speaking objectively esperanto is by far the "best" language. Incredibly simple, straightforward and easy to learn.

If everyone learned it the world would be a better place.

the processing speed of sound signals is slow n shit. itll be better to replace a faster one when human beings get cyborged. i doubt if humans in the future still rely on voices and letters.

>esperanto

afrikaans

Ithkuil is objectively the best language because you gain 50 IQ points when you learn it and it coulb be used as a "human" language by machines.

>Do you really think that that African clicking language is comparable to modern French, English or German?
Yes, it is. There are four different types of complexity when it comes to languages and many searchers have shown that when one language is lacking complexity in one those types, it gains in another one.

It has also been proven, through many experiences, that if you take two languages that are close to one another but both distant from a subject's native language (say, Spanish and Italian for a native Japanse speaker) neither is being inherently biaised as easier or difficult. The only thing that would make the learning process of one or the other of those languages is what is called the individual variation and it has nothing to do with the language itself.

>That's like saying all modes of transportation are equal.
Totally not, this is actually a retarded comparaison.

The only languages that are objectively easier than others are the créoles and other pidgins, but this is why they have a specific designation, and are not considered as "languages."

Best for what?
Business? Culture? Tourism? Casual/Formal communication? Writing/Poetry/Lyric?
Judged by what? Verbal beauty? Efficiency? Flexibility? Learning curve?

As a slav I find english and french to be very attractive, italian sounds like gay talk, german is mouthrape, asians and their anachronistic hieroglyphs are pointlessly obtuse and why would anyone waste their life on

For writing: Russian

For formal: German

For informal: Spanish

For DA BANTZ: English

Russian, but it's useless as shit

Greek

/thread

Objectively Mongolian
Has the best writing.

esperanto's cool but the only people you can speak to in esperanto are other people so autistic they would learn esperanto.

literally for what purpose. just learn a real fucking language. its not much harder.

Latin is the bestest answer.

ACTA NON VERBA

Intriguing. What does Mongolian sound like

Doesn't matter how many people who speak it
It is easy to learn and that's all that matters
Debate me irl

youtube.com/watch?v=p_5yt5IX38I

Google it

is it that much easier than italian?
give me a top 10 greatest esperanto literature

>is it that much easier than italian?
Very much easier
No conjugaton of verbs for each pronoun

>give me a top 10 greatest esperanto literature
How is that relevant to anything?

anything but english

>How is that relevant to anything?
Most people don't like learning useless languages. There's no any chance for Esperanto to become the international language, no matter how good its grammar actually is.

But that isnt what the question is about
It isn't about what useful but what is the best
Now you are just in a state of denial

>It isn't about what useful but what is the best
The best language should be useful as well, it's not only about simplicity.

Kateri jezik je najboljši? Zdajle ga bereš.

There is no useful languages other than the main language where you live.

Well yes, the art of opera is from italy. Ofc it's going to be the dominating language for long periods if it's the place of origin. Italian is beautiful tho I'll give you that.

English is a language for children. That's why it's a global language. It's easy to learn.

I don't know, but I know that danish and dutch area the ugliest.

I never admit languages using a sign "j" for /dsh/ or /kh/ or /h/ sound.

It can become useful

>Terrorist chicken scratches
No thanks, Ahmed Zhang.

The fact that native speakers often mispronounce words and get grammar wrong suggests otherwise. English is a global language because we ruled a global empire

Probably English because it's the most extensive and the most commonly spoken

have you ever learned another language?
You don't think that there are people from other countries who won't make grammar mistakes?
Our spelling is retarded, but our grammar is very simplified in contrast to a lot of our European neighbours.

It's also one of the easiest languages to learn; at least at basics and intermediate level.

Why is it simple (and weird)? Here is a nice essay:
aeon.co/essays/why-is-english-so-weirdly-different-from-other-languages

>Do you really think that that African clicking language is comparable to modern French, English or German?
Why do you think they are not?

You're right, shouldn't have thrown the grammar thing in there. There are a lot of pointless exceptions to grammatical rules, but conjugation and the like are trivially easy.