This befuddles the American

This befuddles the American

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ZmolZCnX8
youtube.com/watch?v=bEsXUetKRsI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't act like as if canadians aren't scared of manual cars either, canuck.

>Implying I and all my friends don't drive stick

There are tons of manual cars here.
Your stereotype/meme is inaccurate.

I drive automatic, AMA

Why do you hate your brakes?

I hate driving.

shit man in texas most of my friends drive stick

I really have to drive an automatic some day to form an opinion

that's because you hang out with car people

It's very boring

I drove stick for a while. It was a bitch during stop and go traffic, so I switched. I do miss it though

I drove both and if you drive a manual you are a retarded.

Are you not aware that the automatic transmission was made by a Canadian?

>2016
>driving
I take the subway and buses every day and don't own a car.

>b-but my """city""" doesn't have public transport
not a real city, then

Much easier to save fuel.

manual is a bother

I bought an auto after 10 years of driving manual and it's fabulous

i dont like homeless and/or black people

Not anymore, most automatics are just as good as on gas now. They're just worse in every other respect.

In Finland if you take your driver's license test in an automatic you get a special retard license that says you aren't allowed to drive manuals.

I think this is why automatics aren't popular here.

Manual transmissions are for hypermiling and for fun driving like offroading, racing, rec driving, etc.

Automatics are for everday leisurely driving and are especially nice in cities

Neither one is superior, although auto is the newer and more advanced technology. If you are a die hard stick fanatic then you might as well go all the way and start memeing about how power steering and traction control are shitty too. Maybe you could go way back and get yourself some solid rubber tires and an engine that needed cranked over by hand since your such a hardass Euro driver

Same in Ireland

Personally, I prefer the feel of manuals. Automatics are great for traffic and shit if you don't enjoy driving, but I like shifting and having stuff to do so manual all day
>downshifting

Traction control is shitty though.

Nice slippery slope into the reduction to absurdity

Leave it to Canada to put a dildo where the cup holder should be

My experience with automatics is limited to normal driving (with a bit of speeding).
How hard is it to perform a doriftu?

pretty easy if you follow the japanese guide

youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ZmolZCnX8

I never learned to drive honestly. Are there cars without sticks?

My first car was a 93 Honda Accord with manual.

Try again.

What are the advantages of manual nowadays as a civilian driver? I thought newer automatic cars are even more fuel efficient, making manual obsolete.

I do think theyre pretty cool tho

somethin bout shit in snow you should know this canuck

>you get a special retard license for not knowing how to use manual transmission

Now this is something we seriously need.

automatics are comfy af though, I can't be bothered with shifting in traffic when i'm driving from work

Gay guy

oh yea but theres AWD for that

First car had a 6 puck clutch with heavy duty pressure plate and a short throw shifter. Try again.

>Wanting to drive a manual

Is this a meme or are you guys serious?

Name 3 reasons for driving Manual.

You save on brakes by engine braking, you get much better control over how much power is going to the wheels, you can take corners faster because of that (it's not like you should be taking corners at 60 km/h anyways but you can), they're cheaper to fix the transmission assuming you can actually drive manual properly, they last longer, and most importantly they're a lot more fun.

u get all d gurlz

I guess you wouldn't understand because you're too busy using your phone or playing with your dick.

they like driving so it's hopeless to argue

I like driving, too, but this seems like a pointless extra thing to have to worry about.

How much cheaper is it?

I'm not even sure I'd know how to drive with an automatic right away desu

You can boast about your driving skills on a malay drums circle forum

I see, thanks. I dont know shit about cars but I kinda want to get a manual cause its cool n stuff but I dont know if its worth all the hassle because the advantages are pretty minute... brakes are only like 40 bucks and you replace them like every 3 years. Plus you have to be a bit more skilled to "use" all these benefits and its harder to resell nowadays

>better gas milage
>more control over the vehicle
>burnouts
>more reliable mechanism by default
>engine braking

Also for anyone who doesn't know, canadians have about the same percentage of automatic cars as americans. Don't be fooled by pseudo yanks

There should really be exclusions both ways, because the number of "superior manual drivers" who admit to not expecting an automatic car to start rolling as soon as it's put in drive is fucking staggering.

This, it's FUN. That's the main reason I drive manual.

I've personally never had to replace a transmission because I've never had a car with more than 115000 km on it, but my friends who have tell me it's about $1500 to replace a clutch, $800 to replace the syncros on a manual, and about $3000 for an automatic. It all really depends heavily upon the make and model of the car but whenever labour is concerned it costs a lot less for a manual than an automatic.

>Only one hand on the steering wheel
>More control over the vehicle

Once you drive manual for more than a month it becomes muscle memory to shift. The only time it's a hassle is when you're doing something you shouldn't be doing while driving like using your cell phone, changing CDS, etc. It also really depends on how you drive. If you drive like a grandma all the time then manual won't be anymore fun than an automatic. If you actually care about shit like engine braking or like to race people then manual is for you. Even when I'm driving normally I just like the fact that manual provides me with something to do.

>Diving with both hands
HAHAHAHAHA! I BET YOU USE THE 9 AND 3 POSITION TOO! HAHAHAHA! FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!

#
Identical to the laws here, with auto licence you will unable to drive manual. But with manual licence you can also drive auto.
>auto associated with feminazi driver here

It sounds awful. How do you masturbate when driving manual?

That's fucking retarded desu. You shouldn't require 2 licenses to drive the same weight and vehicle class. Although what can you expect in nanny states like yours.

I'm more of a 10:30 1:30 kinda guy.

>How do you masturbate when driving manual?
I use my gfs mouth
but not really ;_;

you let your hand off the wheel for half a second to switch gears every so often, are you retarded? you don't drive with your hand resting on the gear knob

>gotcha, thanks

>you don't drive with your hand resting on the gear knob
But it's so good for the gears if you do. It stops the tranny from slipping.

What about turns?

>tranny from slipping
lol

I wrecked the clutch in my first car. Good thing it was an old Honda and you can buy a new clutch for like 25 USD aftermarket. They're also super easy to repair.

Can you honestly not turn the wheel to one side with one hand? You could downshift before the corner I suppose but if you really need two hands to turn the wheel you probably have a vagina and shouldn't be driving manual anyways.

I've never seen someone take a 1 handed turn. Are you fucking with me?

>$25 clutch
hmmmm

no, it doesn't. it is bad for the gears. you're pushing the selector fork up against a rotating collar, and you can wear out the selector fork and make your gear selector have tons of play in it. it even says in a lot of owners manuals not to do it
skip to the driving parts.
youtube.com/watch?v=bEsXUetKRsI

>The joke
>Your head

It was the early 2000's for fucks sake. It was a performance clutch on clearance anyways.

>Part costs almost nothing
>that'll be $1200

>tfw didn't know this a few days ago when I had tranny changed in a Honda

oh

>befuddles
probably befuddles Merkins твн Pham-I-am

When will this meme die?

When Sup Forums starts driving cars from this decade.

You don't need two licenses. If you do the test with a manual, you are allowed to drive automatic.

>automatic transmission
Gay thing.

I'm going to buy a 2005 Honda Element so I can feel like I'm driving the short bus and to spite you.

Fucking Canadian trying to act European.

Maple niggers are auto babbies like Burgers.

>what is hypermiling
you can still get better mpgs if you know how to

We adopted a culture whereas yours just sucks to begin with.

>Japan shows up

Why does automatic transmission get shit on? I just don't understand. If you go to a hotel and go through that revolving automatic door in the middle instead of the regular manual doors on the sides would anyone laugh at you?

WOO BAKA GAIJIN ME TOKYO DRIFTUUUU

fucking hell wrong image

This
*mimes changing gears with left hand, nods knowingly at Jap*

>Driving a corvette instead of a mustang

>mfw an Amerifat put red cups on his auto transmission shoes

I vote that you change your union jack to a kangaroo raping a koala bear.

>doesn't know that the best rally car drivers in the world are American, European or Australian

Hey Ching.
Are you enjoy the life in British Columbia?

Only rednecks drive manuals here.

I don't drive one anymore but damn you if I don't miss it. I'm thinking of trading-in. I have this weird fetish for Honda Elements that I'm trying to ignore.

>You will never EVER go for a rip bud

>driving a Mustang instead of a Corvette

There hasn't been a Mustang worth owning since the 60s

Their new cobra looks pretty decent since it sticks to the old style.