Where does the American black accent come from?

Where does the American black accent come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English
youtube.com/watch?v=gKPxsyuids8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The South

For some reason spanish-speaking blacks (who exist just in equatorial guinea) speak spanish pretty decently, 10000 times better than latin americans.

from Mexico?

The cotton fields

Sign the petition to formally recognize Black Lives Matter as a terrorist organization>>

petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/formally-recognize-black-lives-matter-terrorist-organization

American blacks usually sound really neutral to me when they talk unless it's in a movie where they're all hood rats

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English

Can non-Americans sign this?

Really? Because I've heard Portuguese-speaking Africans speak closer to European Portuguese than Brazilian too.

Maybe it's got something to do with independence being a short time ago, so there were still plenty of Portuguese and Spanish people there to influence the local dialect of the language?

I already did

African Portuguese Speakers generally speak with Portuguese grammar (as opposed to Brazilian) because up until 74 they followed our orthographic accords.

They speak with a slight Brazillian inflection though, with more open vowels and stuff, because it's possible (although unproved) that Brazilian is closer to old Portuguese sound-wise.

They sound Brazillian-ish to us and Portuguese-ish to Brazillians. A bit of a weird middle ground, with some exclusive creole words and expressions.

I always imagined our accent to be so different was because of the immigrants that came here, specially the italians. They seem to have had a great influence in the way brazilians speak.

Maybe. But we probably had more European contact here than you guys did over the years. Then again, the Açores are isolated as fuck and they eat more vowels than we do.

Eh, it was probably a bifurcation. We'll always keep the "Portuguese" name as the """Official""" one though because of the circumstances. I wonder at which point you guys will break off into "Brazilian" completely. Will it happen sooner because of the internet, or later, I wonder.

Vocês deviam era aprender a nossa versão, para chatear a estrangeirada toda, e conseguir perceber os espanhóis sem que nos percebam a nós.

Yes and
Exactly this. They might sound slightly latin american sometimes, but in general they're way closer to us than them.

just note that a lot of people in guinea doesn't have spanish as mother tongue and they speak kinda "unga bunga" when trying to speak spanish.

youtube.com/watch?v=gKPxsyuids8

it's a mutation of the typical southern accent

way ahead of you leafu

Not completely. There are similar patterns in black-English and black-Portuguese for sure. Maybe black-Spanish.

They seem to have trouble in speaking the open vowels without stretching all the corners of their mouths back or something, which always gives them a weird diction. Like they have trouble enunciating.

It's because Portugal is a black African nation and we Brazilians are just whites who adopted their language.

Southern United states
To be specific, areas that made up the core of the Confederate States territory.

You basically invented it and discovered us too. Were it not for Brazil we'd all be even blacker. Shiet. We'd be France!

Wont get taken seriously.
It will be written off as a bunch of racists or some bullshit.
Posting it on Sup Forums doesn't exactly help that image either.

there aren't many spanish speaking black population

most of them speak their native language and can speak somehow spanish.

the fewer who have spanish as a mother tongue can speak it pretty well, they haven't problems with vowels or any other thing. just a very slight accent.

Black British have high pitched voices for sme reason

>I wonder at which point you guys will break off into "Brazilian" completely
Honestly hope that never happens.

To be fair, tough, Spanish is a lot easier to speak/pronounce, since you already have very open vowels. They'd have a tougher time with Portuguese/English regardless.

Me either, but it's bound to. Isn't it? We already failed to agree on the latest orthographic accord.

american blacks

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism