What Languages Are You Learning?

>French
Used to be pretty average back in 9th Grade, I'm relearning it because I already know the basics for it
>Japanese
Not gonna lie, I'm learning it for anime, manga and Japanese video games that aren't translated to English
>Italian
I like listening to Opera and it's such a beautiful language
>Polish
I might learn this down the line

Other urls found in this thread:

icelandiconline.is/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I'm learning it for anime, manga and Japanese video games

Autismus maximus.

>learn 3 languages at once
>i might learn polish if I feel like it
cute

>He doesn't conform to my beliefs
Hi Putin

engrish

Can you teach me Russian senpai?
All I know now is Cyka Blyat, i want to expand my vocab

I'm thinking about Swedish but I'm lazy so as always I won't do anything

Russian?

england

I'm currently refreshing and hopefully improving my French. It's absolutely horrible, which is kind of a disgrace since I've lived both near the Belgian language border and near Brussels for most of my life (I'm Flemish so Dutch is my primary language), and the French language is compulsory in school from age 9 or so.

In addition I'm also learning some Norwegian. No specific reason, I picked this when I first checked out duolingo and had to choose a language. That being said, I've always wanted to travel through Norway so knowing the basics of the language can only come in handy.

>хyй, жoпa, пиздa, пyтин, вoдкa.
that's all you should know about Russian.

None but i might start learning turkish for hobby(non indo european,different rules,different syntax,think will be quite the experience) or i will refresh my German to understand better some ss songs

what is the difference between gopnik and bydlo?
from what I've seen so far both refer to lower class, young, drunk, adidas wearing troublemakers

don't worry, even French people can't speak French for shit

What the hell is honestly the point of learning asian languages? They're archaic and retarded, but its not the problem, if you want to memorize 80000 symbols instead of 20-30 like the rest of us normal people, its fine. The problem is that you will never become fluent, not even close. Even natives aren't fluent. Do you seriously want to spend 10-15 years of daily studying to learn what onii-chan means and still be shit at it?

I want to into Estonski fascisti, probably going to be doing that very soon (I already have some of the basics from when I learned a little bit in the past)

Gopnik is a very specific term for lower class people with criminal tendencies
Bydlo is a general term, basically the same as 'a pleb'

bydlo = lower class with a hollow skull
gopnik = bydlo + bully

Spanish

>English
everyday learning
>Portuguese
i lived in Lisbon when I was a child so i'm learning a little bit
>Italian
/espita/ and i like their language

Ich learning Deutsch

Ich learning Deutsch sehr gut as well. :D

>Russian
Because i needed a third language and i liked Metro 2033.

Also, i want to go to Iceland next year, what's a good app for learning icelandic? Memrise? Since Duolingo doesn't have it.

none

I am learning both Frog and Nazi.

At least he's honest.

>Chinese
Because it's relevant. Bloody hard though.

>German
Because I did it in school and like travelling around it.

Pyccкий

starting to learn Espanol soon too :^)

Norsk → Íslenska → Ænglisc

Is this sensible? I'd like to know all three but I figure the above progression will be easiest

Not sure how good this is, but it's free:

icelandiconline.is/index.html

I'm improving my French, because I want to. It deteriorated quite a bit over the past years cause I have no use for it at all.
Nice picture of shit taste by the way
Why else would you learn it though?

>Norsk

Why? If not work related

Also why icelandic?

>english
I need to get my grammar together, I 'learned' english by watching movies and reading trashy fantasy books, as a result I'm far ahead in terms of vocabulary and casual use, but my writing is horrible
>italian
Very beautiful and historically important language, plus most of my favourite /lit/ is written in it. I want to read the original verison of Decameron one day

I know English, I'm too lazy to learn Chinese, and German sounds ugly to me. There absolutely no point in learning any other language.
>inb4 le learning a language as self-improvement/hobby meme
Friendly reminder that unless they happen to be some kind of polyglot prodigies, everyone unironically mentioning this meme is a moron who has no idea how much time and effort it takes to properly learn a language and probably a 'murritard/canacuck/strayan heritagefag too.
Case in point.
>Polish
>I might learn this down the line
pfahahaha
Yeah buddy, learn Mandarin and Finnish too while you're at it. No big deal, they're piss easy.

>stop liking what I don't like!!

My company has a small office in Oslo, and I'd love to go and work there for a couple of years. I visited Norway a couple of times before when I used to work in the UK, and I fell in love with its beautiful landscapes and nature. If I were living and working there, it would be a great opportunity for me to see parts of the country I didn't get a chance to before.

I also have an interest in old Norse mythology and tales and folklore that I never got to explore in college (my parents persuaded me to focus on STEM). From what I understand, Icelanders can read old Icelandic texts with only a small amount of difficulty, so learning Icelandic would help me read the Eddas in their original text, and give me an excuse to go to Iceland and explore for a few months (there's a summer school there for learning the language that I'm considering in 2018).

If you want to read old icelandic text you should learn old norse or old icelandic. They are not the same as their modern counterparts.

Old norse is pretty easy (at least if you know some scandinavian language), I suggest you learn the runes to.

Oh, hmm. I guess I was misinformed, thanks for the heads up!

Sure you can pick out some parts of the text if you are fluent in Icelandic, but you wont understand it without looking up a translation.

Runes are pretty easy to understand but the old norse grammar is pretty hard to get a hang on when you are a native english speaker.

Hvor god er du min flemske venn?

It's very sensible, as Norwegian is more accessible to an English speaker while still being closer to Icelandic or old Norse, compared to other scandi languages.

Liker nordmenn kaniner?

Bloody Stream
Josuke 4
Valentine
SBR

oi

Portuguese

¿Cómo t'apples du yamas?

All banter and memes aside, is it really that common to be fluent in 3 or more languages for you guys?

Most Canadians speak English, French, and Mandarin Chinese, and Arabic is also on the rise in most areas.

我在家学习汉语

>Most Canadians speak English, French, and Mandarin Chinese,
I'm pretty sure the last one actually is a meme.

Mä opiskelen Suomea
Un ik lern en lütten Tick Platt

Have you ever been to Vancouver?

First of all, Vancouver isn't all of Canada. Secondly, what is the percentage of Chinese speakers within the non-Chinese population?

It's about 30% these days, it's being pushed hard in Canadian schools.

>German to understand better some ss songs
Bassoon

No you think money matters; that's your problem chimp. Money won't make you happy. Arbitrary shit you actually want to do will make you happy. If learning useless languages does it for you great; do it and try to find one of the few jobs available in the language, if not, keep looking. I think Chinese and German both sound like shit and are utterly retarded looking (especially pin yin), and I think Romanian is the coolest fucking language ever. Wanna compare cocks?

As for the work involved, you're just a lazy piece of shit. Virtually everyone who made anything important over the last 500 years could read Latin, Ancient Greek and French or English, the special snowflake generation are just a bunch of pussies

wew

Because I want to move away from the cucked West after I earn my electrical engineer degree.

Don't mall for the femes

I have english as a second language, grew up speaking spanish at home with my parents and speak it well enough to have backpacked through latin america with ease. Learning french intensively right now

But Japan isn't cucked. I just need to be one of the very tiny minority of the immigrants they let in, then work hard to get a qt and giving my descendants a good country.

Yeah, but can they read a scientific paper in Chinese or they are only showing them how to say I want to eat food?

Yes I speak 5 languages.

Fluently? No you don't.

I want to learn an ancient language. Greek, Latin, Sanskrit etc. Lets be honest, english is already good enough for any practical IRL needs, so why waste time on modern languages, at least learning dead ones provides your with historical perspective along with some smug sense of prestige.

Go hardcore
Learn PIE

Ich lerne die Sprache des Erbfeindes.

Stop that. We were born brown, to brown places, we don't need to move anywhere, we just need to make our communities better you fucking malinche. Get a good degree, be the positive change you want to see, and teach your kids to do the same. Fucking christ

languages are stupid

Lingua latina

>he thinks this fucking island have remedy

Why don't you go back to Mexico?

>spanish seems fun
>but spanish culture is disgusting
>french seems fun
>but french culture got BLACKED
>hindi seems fun
>don't want to be associated with poo in loos
>farsi seems fun
>literally savages
>italian seems fun
>I'm not gay tho

>german culture is rich and interesting
>but their language sounds like some retard is having a fit
This is why we can't have nice things

>stand proud that low
pleb

>spanish culture is disgusting

That's like assuming ruskies are all cyka blyat fags or slavs in jump suits and thus it's culture is also shit.

Nevertheless, every culture has it's fair share of vocal idiots.

this is plain nonsense
if you're fluent in Icelandic you can read any of the Old Norse (at least the Old Icelandic which is pretty much all of the relevant Old Norse texts) texts with footnotes

if you detest footnotes for some reason or want to actually write new ON texts you better study actual ON but Icelandic is more than enough for the average reader

>300,000 speakers

Why would I learn that?

Because my family has lived in what is now texas since before the border moved you half ape

I just want to learn French tb h

I speak a bit of Swedish but I don't ever use it and have no desire to learn more

as opposed to Old Norse with 0 speakers?

>Ithkuil
Learning it for AESTHETICS

>Russian
Learning it because I might move to russia. Also to talk to russians about Ithkuil.

>He only has 17 variants for the number 2

Holy shit. Literally pleb.

what language is that

anyway there are a shit ton of forms in Icelandic,
tveir, tvo, tveimur, tveggja, tvær, tvær, tveimur, tveggja, tvö, tvö, tveimur, tveggja, tvennir, tvenna, tvennum, tvennra, tvennar, tvennar, tvennum, tvennra, tvenn, tvenn, tvennum, tvennra, annar, annan, öðrum, annars, önnur, aðra, annari, annarrar, annað, annað, öðru, annars, aðrir, aðra, öðrum, annarra, aðrar, aðrar, öðrum, annarra, önnur, önnur, öðrum, annarra, tvistur, tvist, tvisti, tvists, tvistar, tvista, tvistum, tvista, tvisturinn, tvistinn, tvistinum, tivistsins, tvistarnir, tvistana, tvistunum, tvistanna

2 of something + second + the number two as a noun = (3 genders x 4 cases x 2 numbers) + (2 genders x 4 cases x 2 numbers) + (4 cases x 2 numbers x 2 articles) = 64 forms with a lot of duplicates ~ 40 unique forms but don't want to count

>singular and plural form of "two"
Is it used for plurale tantum words or something?

the plural forms of numbers (which exist for 1, 2, 3 and 4) are mainly used for nouns that have no singular form like buxur (pants) since the number of the number must agree with the number of the noun
it's also used to group groups, ie. two groups of two women would be two (plural) groups of two (singular) women
also plural one is used to say that a group is alone in something

numbers higher than 4 are not declined and have much fewer forms ( 5 of something + fifth + five as a noun = 1 + (3 genders + 4 cases + 2 numbers) + (4 cases x 2 numbers x 2 articles) = 31 but with even more duplicates so probably only like 12 unique forms)

>are mainly used for nouns that have no singular form
So, I was right about plurale tantum. We have similar forms for numbers from 2 to 10.

>plural one is used to say that a group is alone in something
same thing

>Irish
Sort of a passive learning out of pride
>German
Spent a while in Germany, going to actually learn the language so I can have a proper conversation in it
>Norwegian/Swedish
Not sure which to settle on, Swedish seems more utilitarian but Norwegian sounds cuter and I'm a slight Norskaboo. Planning to visit either Sweden or Norway next year for a few months, might spend a year studying in Sweden a year or two down the line.

If there's any German or Sverige/Norge chats on skype, I'd like to be added to them so I can lurk.