/urban/ + /architecture/

Central Europe edition

That would be a nice mosque tbqh.

Sorry I don't have pics from Central Europe

it's ok you are free to post whatever you want

Damn...

lovely

Fuck I love that cathedral roof, which city ?

Vienna

ebun

great pictures, I always struggle to find nice-looking high res pics of Matthias Church

Central Europe is a meme

WE WUZ VIKINGS AND

AYO
hOL UP
U IMPLYAN THIS WUZN'T THE PINNACLE OF MUDHUT ARCHITECTURE

it looks so much better since the Várkert Bazár (below the Castle, in the left half of the picture) has been refurbished

East Asia is easily the pinnacle of mudhut architecture

Prague's probably the most beautiful city in the world

Cologne is bretty gud too

far from it imo but still very good as for the Eastern European standards

oh right, dubai #1 shanghai #2

Have you even left Poland?

That is Cologne?
Was there a few years ago and found it to be the ugliest city I have ever seen. There was literally nothing other than the Dom. And I was moving around the city a good bit by bike.

......... Well shit....

I always thought it was Cologne. But I may be wrong....

>oh right, dubai #1 shanghai #2
these cities aren't even top in terms of modern architecture

we were talking about traditional architecture and classic european cities, then Paris, Rome, Milan, Venice, Vienna, Florence would be amongst the top, well maybe Prague aswell but I really doubt anyone would unironically put it at #1 over Paris or Rome, only someone completely unaware of historical significance and influence of these two would do that

You got me there

>Cologne
Wew. The only thing they have is a cathedral that was lucky enough to survive the britbong annihilation of the city. Lucky for them it's a damn fine cathedral.

It's Dresden, you can see Frauenkirche

Cologne cathedral easily amongst the top Gothic cathedrals ngl

>mfw Poland has no ebun city with great landmarks like Prague and Budapest

FUCK DECENTRALIZATION

>Poland has no ebun city with great landmarks
>implying

>mfw this cancer shows up when you type in "Polish architecture" in google
JUST

Krakow, Gdańsk and Wrocław are qt

Tbh it's because we've transferred our capital during PLC from Kraków to Warszawa, so Kraków didn't receive any new landmarks and Warsaw had to be built up basically from nothing. King was powerless, nobles didn't like cities in general, no one was eager to invest in beauty. Also even though Warsaw was quite nice it was annihilated(80% of buildings damaged/destroyed). And we are building up Warsaw from nothing again and have Kraków with little medieval and early reneissance stuff.

And Gdańsk isn't Polish.

Kek, that's literally how I found it

none of them have anything comparable to pic related

well, if it makes you a bit more happy, not many cities around the globe do

Easily best looking parliament in the world. And the funny thing it's Hungarian out of all the countries on this planet.

Like I don't have anything against Hungary, but this parliament looks like some of a great power, it almost looks like from some dark fantasy evil empire.

>tfw they're still nicer cities than anywhere in Northern Europe

Yeah I know like Germany are great, rich, populous and all yet they lack a landmark like this.

well, back in the day when it was built, optimism and faith in the future were the two other big trends in our part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire besides nationalism - people genuinely believed that we will be a great power once again, like we were between the 1100s and the 1400s

how come AH failed so spectacularly desu

slavs misbehaving and the French being utter faggots desu

Why does nobody pay attention to the architecture of the Low Countries here. We have a lot of great stuff, because we had a huge bourgeoisie. I will start with Ghent.

Flemish architecture is probably my favorite.

f-fuck off please, my "the one that got away" lives in Ghent ;_;

But we do. Belgium has some of the prettiest cities in Europe. Netherlands isn't too bad either, but a bit more anonymous and less extravagant.

You shoudn't start a long-distance relationship. Hungarian girls are top tier

but she's Hungarian, too, she just followed her family who've moved to Ghent years before, after graduating from university

A bit of Antwerp

Ah, that's really sad. I bet she'll come back after s few years

nah, she had learnt Dutch, just graduated from a Belgian university, has a cool job and ton of friends... well, at least I still have her nudes on my computer

True. Our architecture is really calvinistic. Our reputation would probably change when the Netherlands and Flanders are united. Haha