Language burn thread

>His language doesn't have the b,d & g sounds

>His language has "vowel harmony"

>His language has gender that isn't animacy

>His language doesn't show aspect in verbs

>His language has noun cases

>"So I told him to put the verb at the end of the sentence, and he actually did it. The absolute madman!"

>His language has words with no vowels

>His language's script does even show all the vowels

How can you guys live speaking these types of meme languages?

>His language doesnt use "¿¡"

English is a pretty bad language to be honest, there's no way to tell how to pronounce a word just by reading it.

You guys need some accents `´~^

>phrasal verbs

In Dutch we removed the accents and replaced them with double vowels.

à = a
á = aa

>You guys need some accents
I honestly do agree with this. I am all for having a spelling reform.

Before WW2 (or was it 1?) French was seen as the diplomatic language. The language most easily used as a lingua franca
but after the war, french lost that role, and some people invented Esperanto as a mix of the most common words in european languages to make a new language that is easy to learn, and easy to understand even if you don't know it, but unfortunately english took that role before esperanto got much foothold

Imagine how much easier things could've been

What do you think about the letter "C"?

I think that would be hell, you have like 5 sounds for every vowel

>his language isn't latin or greek

I would use c for the English "ch" sound. and k for the English "k" sound.

>you have like 5 sounds for every vowel
We have 3 at most, and that isn't always. American English has like only 12 vowels, so we can use aiueo + diacritic variants

>His language doesn't have the b,d & g sounds
What languages are like this?

>>His language had vowel harmony
That makes it superior tbqh desupai

sugi tu pula

>Being autistic enough to feel the need to group your vowels together into sets that can't be mixed in a word

not having cases is shit tier though
3 cases is the minimum, nominative, dative and genitive and more is a luxury

also lacking the middle voice for verbs is terrible, I believe Greek and Icelandic are among the few languages that still have it

gendered nouns are good because they increase redundancy and make noun declension classes more regular and easier to remember

but cases is the most important part
Anglos and Spaniards and Frenchies have no idea what they're missing

>3 cases is the minimum, nominative, dative and genitive
Genitive and dative I get, but nominative without an accusative is redundant.

And all of those can be replaced with non-case structures to have the same effect. In languages where, for example, I literally only need to use the dative case to show an action with an indirect object, that's fine (as the other cases are), but if I need to use a word like "to" with a dative, that is redundant in a bad way and I could just use either just the 'to" or just the dative.

>middle voice
How is this different from a reflexive verb?

>gendered nouns are good because they increase redundancy
In the vast majority of cases, no. Name a case in English for example that having gender would have deambiguated.

>and make noun declension classes more regular and easier to remember
Literally how?

>I would use c for the English "ch" sound. and k for the English "k" sound.
GOOD MAN!

And since we're at it, why not make a new letter for the ng sound?

>Genitive and dative I get, but nominative without an accusative is redundant.
actually meant accusative not dative, confused the two
but you always have the nominative, in Icelandic for example there is no indefinite article because the nominative usually functions in a similar way

>And all of those can be replaced with non-case structures to have the same effect.
all languages can represent everything so this is a non-statement that applies to literally every function of every language

>How is this different from a reflexive verb?
it's stronger by being impersonal and not by specifying who does it
you can't say "the cake bakes itself" but you could say "the cake bakes [middle voice]" meaning the cake is being baked currently

>In the vast majority of cases, no. Name a case in English for example that having gender would have deambiguated.
redundancy means that it's not adding extra information (deambiguating) but helping to sort it
but it's easy to construct such an example anyway
"The cat and the mouse are pretty. It is brown and it is gray." If the nouns are of different genders the statement would be unambiguous since the adjective and the pronoun would agree with the noun of the noun.

>Literally how?
in Icelandic for example nouns that end in -a decline differently than nouns that end in -i and the former are (almost) all feminine while the latter are (almost) all masculine
they are two different declension classes and the gender represents that and gives you an idea that a feminine word declines more similar to an -a ended noun than an -i ended one

Different American, but the Greek theta could be used for the "th" sound. The "th", "ch", and "sh" sounds have always bothered me. But we'd need something for "sh" still.

Also we could get rid of the "Y" and use a "J" instead as a nod to the Germanic roots of English. "Y" and "Q" are memes anyways and need to go.

>but the Greek theta could be used for the "th" sound
you are literally retarded
the true 'th' sounds are 'þ' and 'ð' for the unvoiced and voiced variations respectively
English even used to have þe former but it was dropped for 'y' in printing hence 'ye olde...'

What are you talking about? Esperanto was created by Ludwik Zamenhof in 1876

>using disgusting Nordic moon runes

I was trying to incorporate something that would make English better, not vomit-inducing

It makes the language more aesthetic and it rolls off the tongue better

þeta just looks out of place in English while þorn fits right in since it was a mistake to phase it out of þe language to begin with

but what about when Y is a vowel?
i thin NG and TH are the most important to start with anyway