How do people living in slums cope with their lives...

How do people living in slums cope with their lives? Wouldn't it just be better to go back to the countryside and live on farms again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1Ie9d0F0DQY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guryong_Village
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slums#Mexico
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>implying it's easy to move to farm

>Portugal red
U sneeky bugger

Well they moved there to begin with didn't they? They packed their stuff and left the countryside to go and live in the city and then they arrived into a literal piece of dump. Why didn't they just turn back?

No, at least here in Brazil people that live in favelas are descendants from ex-slaves or piss poor whites. Farmers don't move to favelas for no reason.

Don't know about the rest of Latin America but in Mexico "slums" look like pic related, so it's not really bad to live there.

How does Greenland have slums?
What are they like?

>slumtugal

We are better than romania, bulgaria, greece all rest of balkan.

How the fuck does that map work?
>Afghanistan
>Having slums
You need cities to have slums,is there anything else there except for kabul?
>Brazil
>No slums
wtf,favelas...
>Greenlad
>slums
???????

youtube.com/watch?v=1Ie9d0F0DQY

brazil is yellow though?

isn't it light green?

That's not true

Ignoring the obvious Portugal, what really gets me is South Korea. I thought they were supposed to be nearly first world.

t. Neza-Chalco-Itza resident

I'm not sure if I have been memed but everything I hear about South Korea makes me think it's an ultra-consumerist technorcatic nightmare.

I imagine the people left behind in that system must live very shitty lives.

How are the slums in Uruguay?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guryong_Village

That place looks rather fancy to be considered a slum, at least compared to what we have here (see pic related)

It's far better and comfy in the country here.
also r8.

holy fuck you're sheltered sven

They aren't like favelas or villas since there simply isn't enough population density.

They are just a bunch of poor houses kinda together with shitty sanitation.

There is a reason they left the farms to begin with, here it's guerrillas and paramilitaries taking their lands.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_slums#Mexico

That looks beatiful
10/10 would live there for the rest of my life

Everything I'm seeing of it on Google Images looks pretty abhorrent, familia
There doesn't even seem to be any permanent structures, it's a legit shanty-town

>Contrary to many slums in India, Brazil, Indonesia, Venezuela or Sub-Saharan Africa, these slums are urbanized and most inhabitants have access to basic amenities, however, the quality of basic amenities are debatable as the vast majority of people live under the poverty line, high crime rate, and in steep hills and grey block housing.

Here, a lot of people live in slums because living in the countryside was impossible. They had to flee and leave everything they had behind not to be killed or recruited by force for the guerrillas, so I guess it's the same shit at worse or a little bit better at best

Looks like a cosy place for a house and mountains are low enough to go there without tons of special equipment. Do Koreans pick up berries and mushrooms in forrests?

Huh, I think the snow made it look way better than what it actually was, now that I see other pictures I can see that it's as bad (if not worst) than what we have here.

Ya I live in gangwon province so it has alot mountains but not alot of people. There are wild ginseng roots and berries that grow just above my house where we pick and make soups and shit.

Still better than what we have here.
Our slums in cities with +300k habitants usually do have santiation and have access to basic amenities though

>why poor people don't stop being poor

We have the highest GDP in latin america in this city

Is that one of the towns that are really rich because of mining?

Welcome to the 'most european city in latin america' familia

Yes

kind of like the Dubai of LA

Seeing all this self-hate from Argies lately has made it clear that you are a Spanish ex-colony and not Italian.

>people who live there unironically believe it's the only developed city in Latin America

By these stadards, I used to live in a slum back in the day.

Antofagasta has $63k GDP per capita, which is comparable to Norway
so why is it so shit?

I bet it has way more to offer than here if you're rich at least...

Now this is more like it, ecatepunk

The rich are really really rich while the poor are just the average Latin American poor?
Just guessing.

1. we must share with the rest of the country

2. the common inequality issue

3. the infrastructure is beyond saving so why even bother

4. honestly I don't know, AT LEAST we should have decent public schools, but we don't

This is what slums look like here

Wondering the same thing

>Slumland

holy shit lol is it only the capitalist countries that have the most terrible slums?

I can only think of Panama and Brazil with slums as the ones we have here

can't make this shit up

>the entire population of Nuuk lives in these

ciudad bolivar or whatever southern bogota is called looks far worse.

I don't know Sven, why don't you try move to a slum and then to a farm?

Because living in farms isolated from people, civilization and technology is worse than living in favela

No, because all farms are occupied by cash crops which are sold to first worlders. Millions of people die for that cup of coffee you drink, the least you could do is not complain.

We have very shitty housing and other poor people stuff but we don't have the really big slums, it must be disturbing living near that

Wait what? Almost every house there is literally obra negra

I thought it was pretty bad looking at the two unpainted houses near where I live.

Why are there almost no painted houses?

why isn't american ghettos considered as slums?

I read a lot of articles of how shitty Farming is for farm families in the U.S. Hell how fucked up agriculture is is pretty depressing.

in the hallways of the village is commented
that the lad cantina
won the lottery~

This is why you're getting cucked

and that dresses elegant
everyone sees
showing his rolex
that lad is doing well.-

what the fuck is that thing in the middle

>slums in French Guiana
Of course