Why did the French and Anglos have such a strong rivalry?

Why did the French and Anglos have such a strong rivalry?

Hundred Years War and dynastic disputes.

/thread

Haha that's what you think but you can't just thread yourself.

French shaped English language and English culture.

Brits feel inferior.

Because brits just can't compete

Yes I can.

/thread

>please don't leave my thread guys

Brits are jelly of France cause they have better women, better cities, better food a bigger richer country etc..

Just jealousy.

Is that why English has become the Lingua Franca?

Nah, it's because English is really easy to learn, so they had to pic a global language and they elected the easiest one.

The biggest majority of the English language came almost directly from French

you're an idiot if you believe this the french empire was a piddly mess compared to the british empire. also french is much easier to learn than english.

Because we were their main continental adversary.

Brits aren't fundamentally against French people, they are against anyone claiming dominance of the European continent

French people were the main one, so they went and fought with them, paid monies to fags like austro hungary and prussia to fight for them
and then it was the germans etc..

shit is complicated I wont spend any more time on this

Overall, they are bitches who spread beans on toast

English is harder to learn than Spanish and French.

So? French isn't the Lingua Franca.

haha u mad white boi

It's a germanic language.. jesus christ

>the british "empire"

And yet the frogs were about to take Europe by themselves, the British empire on the other hand...

Why did the french give up on Mexico?

>English is harder to learn than Spanish and French.
Do Anglos unironically believe this?

Does your language have a subjuntivo/subjontive? No it doesn't.

Also your conditional mode is a fucking joke. Just slap "would" in front of everything and she'll be roight.

English is the global language because it's the lowest common denominator, Mexibro was right

Americans. They threw a bitchfit because we were getting involved in their backyard during their civil war. Some kind of proto-Monroe Doctrine, I guess.

So Napoléon III decided that our good relations with the US were more important than a pro-French Mexico, and the war was relatively unpopular at home anyway.

And German isn't the common language because your country lost a war with Slavs

>throw your people into the meat grinder
>""""win"""" a war

Also, German isn't the global language because it's too much for your feeble minds to grasp

I'll *tip* myself before anyone else does

>English is harder to learn than Spanish and French.
I mean it's not a dick measuring contest but still. French is such a bitch even natives fuck up all the time, especially the written part. I can always tell if someone's a native or not because of the mistakes they make.
The only problem with English is its erratic way of pronouncing things, and even then it's not that hard.

The French """"people"""" are cunts is why.

Love ya too my fav cunt

I speak german, french, english and italian, the latter natively
English is by far the easiest of them all. The grammar is kid tier, the only hard part is the pronunciation rules being chaotic
>read (present tense)
>read (past tense)