Why is it such a big problem for Japanese government to sincerely apologise to their neighbours for war crimes commited...

Why is it such a big problem for Japanese government to sincerely apologise to their neighbours for war crimes commited before 1945?

Germany did just that and now they have excellent relations with their neighbours and with Israel.

Is it because Asians care so much about saving face?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan
money.cnn.com/2013/04/29/news/china-cars-corruption/
compendium.travelvice.com/reasons-to-hate-slovakia-the-slovak-republic/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaragua_v._United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

we paid tons of reparation (more than that Germany paid per capita) and apologized many times.
The fact you should notice is that now Japan/US/UK/Australia/ are full of sex workers from China/Korea, which they call comfort women.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_war_apology_statements_issued_by_Japan

Obviously pretty halfhearted apologies if no one remembers them.

People are more buthurt about constant denial and Abe visit to war criminals.
Nobody really cares about apologies.

I don't get why they need to be such dicks to their neighbors.

Yanks want to keep fighting between Japan and other Asia for their trashy diplomatic tactics.

The problem is not "Japan's not apologizing" but East Asian countries refusing to accept apologies from Japan

That's their smart strategy to keep their people united and docile under Chinese/Kimchi shit politics

Do you know why this shitty threads are made recently?
International Court of Justice will give a verdict on territorial dispute between China and Philippine TODAY, and most likely Philippine will win, so butthurt CCP posters are ranting in various bbs.

Get off the proxy, Lee.

Reparations and small pockets of apologies from individuals mean nothing if your country continues to downplay its past atrocities and teach its general population a revised version of history That's not to say the Chinese and Korean governments don't twist historical facts. They're guilty of this too.

Jesus. This is like Russian proofs posters with their proxyhohols now.

I must be Chinese!

>a revised version of history

Oh yeah? Standford University checked history textbook of each Asian cunt, and their verdict is Japanese textbook is least biased book among all.
Did your cunts teach Korean population was doubled during Japan's annexation, as well as millions of local sex prostitutes were hired around the US bases during Vietnum/Korean wars?

why isn't america more apologetic regarding american war crimes

Shut up Adolf

they were sentenced to the voluntary service for centuries in certain areas.

And yet there's still a sizable amount of people in your country (including politicians) with views that don't reflect those apologies. They're apologies from individuals, not an entire country. That's why they're not sufficient.

They have apologized many times.
The problem is that korea and china don't see it as a sincere apology.

Japan is definitely the worst cunt. Sorry for having bled best Korea up, very sorry.

Japan and ISIS should apologise together.

Haven’t you played with here?
Relax your ass, dude.

A 2016 Harvard University paper found that in contrast to common assumptions, Chinese internet commentators are mostly paid government bureaucrats, responding to government directives in times of crisis, and flood Chinese social media with pro-government comments. They also rarely engage in direct arguments, and around 80% of the analyzed posts involve pro-China cheerleading with inspirational slogans, and 13% involve general praise and suggestions on governmental policies.

As of 2016, this practice seems to have largely ceased, and propagandist participation in Internet discussions has become part of the Communist party officials' normal work. Also the nature of participation has become more nuanced and less aggressive. Research indicated a "massive secretive operation" to fill China's internet with propaganda has resulted in some 488 million posts carried out by fake social media accounts, out of the 80 billion posts generated on Chinese social media. To maximize their influence, their pro-government comments are made largely during times of intense online debate, and when online protests have a possibility of transforming into real life actions.

Good work guys!

Because we either won or were in a position where nobody could force us to do jack shit.

And chinese people insist that Yaju senpai a.k.a. True japanese pride is chinese.

I know that your textbooks are accurate and not revisionist. Those controversies were about textbooks for a few private schools.

Biggest Japanese teacher unions are left-wing and most Japanese are proud of their peace constitution.

That's why I was asking about current Japanese government, not Japanese people.

I can timestamp my Slovak ID card to prove that I am not Chinese.

Japan, unlike PRC, is a liberal democracy.

I consider myself a Japanophile, I admire your culture and history. That doesn't mean I can't criticise anything about Japan.

That's it?

I don't get your memes, man

I'm just upset that Abe is now going to change the constitution

no worry, I don't even get the memes another Japanese man posted.
But I strongly support Abe and Japan should have power to strike back whenever invaded by surrounding asshole cunts, thanks for your understanding.

why don't they apologize?
why don't they teach gender theory in school?
why don't they open their borders to Pajeet, Ling, Jayqwan, Jamal, and Mohammed?
why don't they become multicultural?
#onlycuckthings

>say half hearted 'sorry'
>saying 'sorry' that the war happened, and not that Japan has caused it, or much less, about how Japane absolutely chimped out and murdered people in cold blood
>pay some pocket change and strings-attached investments that are flowing back into Japanese pockets soon after, as they are tied with contracts for Japanese companies in the recipent country
>...
>Next day, PM visits Yasukuni Shrine again and pays respect to war-criminals

also

>Japanese tourists travel to China, Japan and even Taiwan and complain about how inferior the people there are.
>Said people hear it and have the definite feeling that the Japanese are still seeing themselves as superior beings that have the right to rule all asians

Rinse and repeat.

This is why Japan is hated in Korea and China, both nations that suffered most under their yoke. It does not take a lot of state-fueled propaganda to make the people hate these arrogant bastards - most Chinese and Koreans have grandparents who tell even more frightening and blood-boiling stories about what the Japanese invaders did to them and their families. Chinese and Korean State-propaganda is fairly sanitized in comparisson to those stories that make you puke and get nightmares upon hearing them.

Seriously. It was an eye-opener when I got to Taiwan some year ago for study exchange and traveled with a tourist group of Japanese (both old and young). Hearing them complain and belittle about the 'Chineseness of Taiwan', it being dirty and backward looking at parts, made me realize how fucking arrogant the Japanese still are. And how dishonest, as they usually use Taiwan as an example of 'the nation that is thankful for Japan's rape and love Japan to this day'. Sure, love seems to be one-sided here, as those Japanese still viewed themselves as the colonial masters of that place and had nothing but utter disregard and respect for the locals.

>Japanese tourists travel to China, Korea* and even Taiwan

Because our military is fucking evil and beholden to no one. Feels bad.

Lee Xu Zhang

>German complain about justice while they have given Audis (with emission cheat device) to CCP officials as bribes, and support anti-Japan demonstration
>most of their profit made in China

money.cnn.com/2013/04/29/news/china-cars-corruption/

thanks for posting this "kill all japs" banner

I know German politicians are as dishonest and deceitful when it comes to ODA, claiming that they are altruistic give-outs instead of naming what they are: bribes to the recipient country to pocket lucrative contracts.
Especially environmental aid is so damn corrupt; it literally means giving the other country a small amount of pocket change that forces them to adopt your own outrageously expensive clean-energy technology and guarantee your monopoly on their domestic market.
Germany did that repeatedly with China, until the Chinese simply copied our stuff and now flood our own market with their solar-panels that are nowadays just as good as ours (made with the same machines, duh).
And Japan is also known for doing this in China and elsewhere - especially in that case where the Japanese offered the Chinese the removal of the IJN chemical weapons still poisoning people in northern China - on cost that Japanese companies get the contract for it (ie. wanting your victim to pay for the damage that you caused), and called it ODA as well. How honourable!

Japan literally did nothing wrong.

I wonder what caused such a big difference between Japanese and German perception of nationalism and their role in the WWII?

Both West German and Japanese societies were conservative and unrepentant immediately after the war and both experienced huge left-wing student movements.

Why was Germany transformed by this while Japan wasn't?

it's almost as if yuropoors and East Asians have vastly different cultures

Japan is the one country that should be telling China, "we've been down this path you are with this whole anti-Western thing, this is a bad idea, take it from us - we got fucking NUKED" but INSTEAD conniving two-faced Japs go "CHINA BAD COUNTLEE ONLY CHINAMAN WOULD DO SUCH AWFUR THINGS LIKE GO ON MILITARIST EXPANSION!!!"

Japan is a fucking meme.

The '68 Counter-culture revolution.

Seriously. Before, West Germany was just as brown as it was during and before WWII. You can shit on the leftists for 'cultural marxism' all you want, but they were instrumental that we have a good relationship with our eastern neighbors now.

Also, Willy Brandt.

Japan's problem is that they were too much controled by the US. The US and UK initially didnt want Germany to repent at all - they even resisted the Nürnberg Trials and wanted all the main Nazis merely getting a slap on their wrists and continue to become the leaders of the pro-american post-war regime. But Germany was divided, so the US werent the exclusive victors. The Nürnberg Trials were initiated also due to strong Soviet pressure to do so, and we would have ended like Japan now, if only the US was the sole victor and occupant of Germany.

After WWII, cold-war considerations trumped everything. The Ideal germany for the US would have been a shackled and drilled Nazi Germany with the reigns firmly in US hands to immediately unleash against the USSR.

t. chang cheung

probably because of high crime rate of Chinese/Korean in Japan
Slovakia should mind your own business
compendium.travelvice.com/reasons-to-hate-slovakia-the-slovak-republic/

yap, we are cool, never shoot any black guys nor cops!

If you think its an big accomplishment to be less biased than the CCP or north korea you are fucking retarded

>The '68 Counter-culture revolution.
Sure, but Japan had it as well afaik.

Being occupied and divided must've had a critical impact on German psyché.

In addition to that, Japan is an island nation, Germany is in the middle of Europe.

Japan shoud apoligize for anime

Japanese '68 didnt end with lasting changes in their political landscape. In the end, Japan was still ruled de-facto as a single party state by the LDP for 60 years, who themselves are consisting of many old members of the Imperial elites (Abe).

sorry for some of disgusting animes!

CCP posters are very busy today, hahaha
Let's see what ICJ say about territorial dispute today!

>Let's see what ICJ say about territorial dispute today!

I dont think it will change anything, as major nations have always ignored ICJ rulings since ever.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicaragua_v._United_States

Yeah, I wonder why is LDP so dominant. No opposition could survive after getting a short stint in power.
>Let's see what ICJ say about territorial dispute today!
The Philippines are going to win, but Duterte is going to piss it away.

Chinese are alredy trying hard to undermine tribunal's authority.

They are smart not to admit any guilt, Germany did and it's used to blackmail us all the time by the rest of the world.

how did those goal posts get all the way over there

why should they apologize for making a great eugenic effort and introducing superior jap genes into chinese gene pool?

IIRC Chinese learned since the mongol rape of the 12th century that killing the firstborn is a required measure to keep blood pure.

>mention something bad about japan
>"No! You are gook/chink! No one else can hate Japan!"

t. Pang Wong

Apologize.

Right here

Right now

Right in this thread

Right to me

t. Pajeet Chang Lee

Its ok the chinese and koreans are FUCKING the japanese LITERALLY

>You're a zainichi/CCP shill!
Why are Japanese people so bad at arguing?

Because South Korean government uses Japan/North Korea as an excuse to hide away from its own problems

This. Japanese are fucking retarded.
Am 200 times more likely to be french and probably 20 times more likely to be arab.

They learned from American government

very sorry for paying too much reparation (much more than Germany paid) and having doubled Korean population during Japan's annexation

now it's your turn to apologize now for sending tons of criminals to Japan

And it's absolutely idiotic because I don't give a shit about Korea or China.

Abe is going to use this jingoism to curtail their rights enshrined in the Constitution.

Friends are supposed to tell you when you're doing something stupid.

I'm sorry

I don't think they are trying to amend the entire constitution, just the bits relevant to pacifism... right? I know their constitution is one of the most progressive in the world even without that.

That's not the whole picture. Western media is mostly focusing on that particular bit. LDP has a draft constitution where they want to change whole articles.

One of them would add something along the lines of "there are no rights without responsiblities", lot of nationalist wanking, another would curtail freedom of speech if it's threatening public order, new emergency powers for the cabinet etc.

It would disrupt checks and balances, weaken the opposition (no automatic right to interpel ministers by the Diet - they could just claim they are busy) and get rid of natural rights imposed on Japan by occupiers.

One amendment would significantly reduce legislative hurdles needed for amending the constitution.

I hope Abe won't succeed in this.

>I hope Abe won't succeed in this.

He has a 'super majority' but it's a coalition none the less. The other not so right ring parties of the coalition aren't too content with changing the constitution.

Besides, Abenomics is a textbook failure on all fronts.

What kind of dumbass economist would increase taxes during a recession

>right ring

Right wing*

Sorry.

Yes, but there are independent MPs and some from the opposition that would agree with some specific amendments.

Abe can create ad-hoc coalitions and referendum won't be much of a problem because of low turn-out. Only those who care would bother to vote.

>Abe can create ad-hoc coalitions and referendum won't be much of a problem because of low turn-out. Only those who care would bother to vote.

That's a legitimate concern. Only Japanese right wingers are politically active. But hey, the younger ones were protesting against Article 9 changes back then.

Have some faith. Worst comes to worst, WWIII and let E. Asia settle the score.

Here's something interesting: LDP is winning not because they gained votes, they're winning because those people who previously voted for opposition parties abstained.

That's why there is such a low turnout starting with 2012.

And here's a breakdown of voting preferences by age :/

>That's why there is such a low turnout starting with 2012.

I guess most Japanese are just politically passive.

Which makes them complacent with what's going on.

Apologize and you become a beta country.

Women are the only ones that demand apologies. Men dgaf.

You can admit it was wrong without saying sorry. Move on.

can someone explain komeito to me?

Confucian culture

>You can admit it was wrong without saying sorry. Move on.

In this case, their political caste actually worships it.

It's not a race vs race issue.

It's a complex scenario where the political echelons are just manipulating the government to their own purposes and historical opinions.

I could give shit about korea or china i've really started to like mexican food it's all i want

I've grown quite partial to pic related desu senpai

>and with Israel.
Pretty sure that most israelis don't like Germany very much, at least their politicians don't
When a German politician spoke German in israel they all got their nipples in a twist
Silly, supersticious jews

The Japanese rulers just wanted to expel European colonialism in Asia to replace the European elites by a Japanese ruling elite on the continent, based on its technology and military superiority.

There is no reason to apologize for it, in the same way that France, the UK and the Netherlands should not apologize for its colonial expansion in Asia because that was the norm at that time.

The atrocities committed by the Japanese were isolated acts of some individual soldiers.

>The Japanese rulers just wanted to expel European colonialism in Asia to replace the European elites by a Japanese ruling elite on the continent, based on its technology and military superiority.

Yeah like the Japs are here to free you! But somehow treat you worse than Europeans did and exploit you like no tomorrow.

>There is no reason to apologize for it, in the same way that France, the UK and the Netherlands should not apologize for its colonial expansion in Asia because that was the norm at that time.

It was up to the end of the 1800s, but at WWII not so much.

>The atrocities committed by the Japanese were isolated acts of some individual soldiers.

Even the Emperor signed off orders to disregard Geneva conventions and treat POWS like shit.

But of course, there's bound to be many Jap troops who were just there and did nothing.

Also Gibraltar is rightful British clay.

>> Post sponsored by the UN Convention, the US government and History Channel.

>UN Convention

UN convention of what? There are many UN conventions padre. Be more specific.

No body gives a damn about whether or not Japan apologizes or not. It is just a political scape goat so they can abuse their citizens. It is not Japan that is giving East Asian governments trouble. It is the governments themselves. I highly doubt that China cares about some islands with dead war criminals on it, but they exaggerate it so that people do care. Even though the communist party is a vile and evil thing, they rather care about some islanders that did something decades ago, to people that they likely never knew.

>padre
creepy

Came late to the thread but imagine it like this

Japan
>loud minority of anti-apologists
>rest know that Japan was bad in WW2 but don't even consider it anymore. Basically indifferent.

So Japan is full of a tiny bit of anti apologists, and the rest are just quiet and aren't apologists but still know we were bad.

Germany
>loud minority of nazi supporters
>loud majority of SJW LGBT Anti-Nazis

So in turn you think Germany is better, well in reality Japan is just trying to become a new country and not dwell on the past and become an even worse state by being apologists that are too afraid to stand up for themselves.

THEY DID THEY PAID FUCKTON
Its all park jeoung hee's fault he ninja'd reparation money for people and used it for government project.

Its all a propaganda from korean government that japanese govt has not 'sincerely' apologise anf shit. Authorities in korea benefit from ordinary koreans being butthurt from japanese colonisation that happened 100years ago.

Fucking hell, are japanese white people? They dont have to feel guilty and they dont but most koreans thinks they should because propaganda and hidden truths(ex:hiding what park jeoung hee did with the money) its fucking autistic

reverse zainichi

>compendium.travelvice.com/reasons-to-hate-slovakia-the-slovak-republic/

No it's made by some self loathing gypsy cuckold from slovakia, he's upset not everyone wants a black man to fuck their wife like he does

i stand with japan
trying to civilize a bunch of chinks is not warcrimes
japan has done nothing wrong
long live the emperor

>chinese media are manipulated by the government
>in contrast to common assumption

Are you for real?

>gypsy
No