Other urls found in this thread:

the-village.ru/village/city/where/224357-tulskaya
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Corbusier's_Five_Points_of_Architecture
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

This is hell.

my comfy hometown

it's comfy and scary at the same time

No, it is only scary. It is hell that makes life look life a constant struggle for survival.

Commieblocks can be comfy but the shit you're posting is nothing but grey rundown hellscapes.

>huge commieblockboo who even makes them on games

i adore them.

comfy as fuck

I noticed that many of these pictures don't adore commie blocks as much as they adore lit lights at night.

Is that a nuclear plant in the background?

The House of Atom Industry Workers i.e. 'Ship' is cool. You can google-translate this good article where a guy who lives there tells about the building and it's history.

the-village.ru/village/city/where/224357-tulskaya

We have these in Germany as well

it is so Russian that bear emerged.

what game is that?

It's Singapore not commieblocks

cities skylines.

nice,thanks

thanks
I tried to build a commieblock city in Cities XL 2012 but it mostly creates random normal apartments, commieblocks are rare

in cities, you can use a mod named building themes and create any kind of theme. look another concept.

finnish houses.

In reality, living in and around these block is pretty depressive and shit, but those photos somehow give out a weird, somehow nice feeling, despite highlighting the grey, shitty atmosphere pretty well.

I tried to find mods for Cities XL but the official website was down and I couldn't find any other sites.
I guess Cities Skylines is a better game

Looks exactly like ours. Well, decent ours in some good-tiers cities.

How common are those in Germany, though?

>I guess Cities Skylines is a better game

sadly it has no micromanagement and all you do is painting cities. still a comfy game but not making you work to improve your town.

They are common in east German cities, particularly in eastern Berlin. They exist in western Germany as well, but not in that extent

Oh, right, the GDR and all that... Should've thought of that in the first place.

Do you still build them, by the way? I mean, at some point, it's a great way to save some space up and still put decent amount of people to live to some place.

For example, you could mix commieblock settling method with modern construction technologies. I mean, the cheap and the fast ones. The cheaper the better, though, since a collapsing commieblock could help a little with rapefugees.

Kinda looks like there's a guy mid-fall

No, they rarely build commieblocks nowadays. Many east Germans moved away after the re-unification, because the standard of living was better in the western part. As a result, many commieblocks were left empty and our retarded government decided to destroy some of them. Today Berlin is growing again but there aren't enough flats for the people

London commie block experiment. It's actually a listed protected building.

Well... At least they'll provide people with flats that are better that old commieblock, right? Hopefully.

Could this building be considered commieblock?

many people actually want to live in commieblocks because they are so cheap. they're pretty popular right now

yes

lol no. The Barbican is far too posh for a commie block.

High density cities are efficient.

It's not a commieblock ofc.

Seems like it follows Le Curbusier principles: columns with free space at the bottom and ribbon windows, compensation for the green area taken.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Corbusier's_Five_Points_of_Architecture