Does any other country have license plates as nice as Germany?

Does any other country have license plates as nice as Germany?
I really like them because they tell you where the car is coming from. Sometimes you can spot rare ones such as DAN, HGW, or OA. It's like flags on Sup Forums, really.
Does your cuntry have something similar?

Obviously, license plates starting with BI don't exist.

we also have them but without emblem

What do you mean by emblem?

Yes

yea they are by states in the background

Yeah, we do.

Before 2008 they was like that

of course

seeperfect to adapt your insults

we have

Why is it counting up?
Based

And before 1993 like that

those are the department numbers associated with the logo/region they are from

>Ossis have 9 Kennzeichen per Landkreis
not Ordnung/10

Also very nice.
I see, so it isn't quite as direct. You have to memorize which number refers to which department.

You've got region emblem, and for each region a few departements (range by number)

there is the logo, every body knows the departments tho

O shit it is really bad. I didn't even realize it was that bad.

Ours are even better

>I see, so it isn't quite as direct. You have to memorize which number refers to which department.
It's the French centralism, it's the main reason why France is shit and why are French people so jealous of Germany because German economy is way better.

Nope but I wish we did, never seen a continental plate with this on either
Maybe we could do it when we have to print the new number plates without the EU flag :>)

But this is just the state, no the county. Counties are basically equivalent to our Landkreise, which decide the one to three letters at the start of your license plate.
There is also a small Coat of Arms of the Bundesland (state), but it is only visible from one or two meters away.
Don't you have weird letter combinations referring to specific counties or something? I remember it was rather weird.

The rarest are non-departments overseas license plates.
Pic related: New Caledonia, French Polynesia, Kerguelen island, Wallis and Futuna

>It's the French centralism, it's the main reason why France is shit and why are French people so jealous of Germany because German economy is way better.

There are also special license plates, this one for example refers to the state North Rhine Westphalia and is reserved for the police of that state. Other states handle it differently.
Have you ever actually seen one of those?

Really? Pic related plus my German classes made it seem like only your states and larger cities got their own. Even still, if every county in America got its own plate, that would be so many it would be crazy. Plus I like how our plates have something that is personalized to the state though, like my previous example
>Ohio fags can fuck off, we were first in flight, not you

>Have you ever actually seen one of those?
No.
I see some old overseas departments license plates sometimes though.

Pic related is the Bundeswehr (army) number plate. They all start with Y.
kek, that plate is fake. WOB stands for Wolfsburg, which is in Lower Saxony, not Bavaria.
I agree it would be crazy, especially since so many communities have the same names in the US. Just think about all those Springfields. Maybe you could do it state-wide.

Spanish plates used provincial codes until 2000 (M - Madrid, B -Barcelona...)

The current system is: LLLL NNN (L: Letter & N: Number). You can't know where the car is from but it's easy to predict how old it is. The first one was from Sept. 2000 (0000 BBB) and the last seen is 7172 JRK. Vowels are ommited to avoid bad words.

French and Italian system which are the same are very nice.

Sorry, NNNN LLL

Nope all of ours say GB regardless although I think it says the dealership and city in smaller text at the bottom but it's not the same

Thanks for the pic and for the info. Your new system is very interesting too.
Our lincense plates, counties and municipalities went through a number of reforms over the years. For example, my hometown and the surrounding area had the letters "BU" for Burgdorf until the county became part of the Hannover county in 1974.
I once got stuck on the road behind a tractor that still had the BU license plate. It had been in use for more than thirty years at that point.

It kinda triggers me that Spain uses "E", Estonia "EST".. It should be "ES" and "E" or "EE"

It triggers me that you use A. It should be Ö.

We've got similar system too.
Also when you register your car, you will get license plates and a sticker with your numbers, you have to put it on your windshield. It's a great thing, and I don't know why other countries doesn't have this.

It looks way better desu

This is utterly based. I wish I could learn some of those, but my Polish geography really sucks. I can barely place the largest cities.
What is the difference between KR and KRA?
And what is going on in that zoomed-in clusterfuck?
Nein

Yeah kinda

Can you know how old is a German plate?

>And what is going on in that zoomed-in clusterfuck?
Silesia,many cities in one place.
>What is the difference between KR and KRA?
Usually, 2 letters=main city, 3letters= smaller towns and villages around

Here's the sticker on a windshield, every car registered in Poland have one.

fug:
*countries don't have
*every car has one

When I see S, I don't know why, but first country which is comming to my mind is Spain, not Sweden. And when I saw once E, it had no idea what country was that car from.