The Black Flag

Should Arab Nations adopt the black flag? The whole tricolour thing or whatever those are called are a European tradition, we always had single colour or double colour flags either with saying or something else. (Saudi Flag is a good example.)

the whole modern infrastructure thing is european tradition maybe we should go back to living in tents

We never lived in tents you dayoos, we lived in houses and so on. It's the badoo that lived in tents. I'm talking about flags here, something that has nothing to do with infrastructure, but more of a cultural symbol. Speaking of, our infrastructure should parallel our culture, which it doesn't, thanks for reminding me of that.

Some of your countries' borders are western inventions too

Yeah, that needs to change as well, we need 1 border, 1 nation, 1 people, 1 religion and so on. But baby steps, we fucked you over, you fucked us over. :/

black is a synonym of evil for us, you'd make things even worse

adopt nice flags like lebanon instead, your flag is also good

>1 border, 1 nation, 1 people
going well so far
>1 religion
fucking kill yourself and do the entire arab nation you care about so much a favor

Yeah, but I like the black flag, it's simple, and easy to draw, its a black flag. Plus if we do it, whenever our leader goes to America the black flag will be in full display.

Why not the little eagle instead?

Or better yet the double headed eagle, come back Middle East, come back, break from your Mohammedan shackles.

It would be as awful as the rest of Arabia's aesthetics so I suppose it's quite fitting

Here's the thing though, I can't fully get behind irredentialism on the baathist scale, I mean I guess it's not really my business anyway but in the mashriq there's a ton of little ethnic and cultural groups that wouldn't belong in an arab nation-state, what would happen to them? They fit better in an artifical country.

pls no
im not an islamophobe but yet seeing a black flag waving would make me feel nervous
just imagine the rest who actually are

kl 5ara

Literally changed the entire world, literally part of our culture. Catholicism was thrown at your people, all the catholics in your country are the descents of rice christians.

>>>>>>> Sup Forums

Yeah I have a feeling if your countries actually had a national identity to rally behind they wouldn't be so unstable.

5agag

>Having an opinion of art makes me a neo-nazi

Haha alright then

Most of those countries aren't under byzantine. Could apply to the Levant

>Catholicism was thrown at your people, all the catholics in your country are the descents of rice christians.
why do you feel the need to parrot on about shit you're so utterly clueless about?

Replied to the wrong person, I meant

Islam as an ideology is the death of beauty. If you find those puerile geometric patterns anywhere near the achievement of most other cultures you're a hopeless philistine.

>Catholicism was thrown at your people, all the catholics in your country are the descents of rice christians.

That's not fair at all. Any culture will appropriate a religion to fit to them, and to make it belong to them, like how latin americans still have some native holidays they celebrate as christian holidays, and christmas originally being the date of a pagan holiday. Doesnt make it any less truly christian, but it does mean that christianity for the phillipenes is as originally philipene as it can get.

And don't tell people to fuck off to Sup Forums if you stand closer Sup Forums ideologically. Don't be like our blacks who will scream racism while not realizing they're nowhere near to being enlightened liberals themselves.

Also, it's not like every conversion on Earth was done at swordpoint or gunpoint. For example, the Aztecs converted very easily because Catholicism were very compatible with their own beliefs, except "better".

Since it's best to learn from your enemies, I'd say we'll do to them what you did to your natives. Or, the practical answer, assimilate them into our culture like we did to most cultures in North Africa/The Levant before.

I agree, and sadly since it is artificial we will remain unstable, look at the revolutions of 1848 for what happened to "artificial" countries in Europe.

Yes because most of the Catholic countries in Africa and Asia had no benefit in converting to Christianity?

Why? It's a cultural symbol dating back to the caliphates.

Sure.

No, it does, Christianity is a Semitic religion, and just like Islam it was forced upon people or willingly taken up by people. Religion is very much cultural, all religions are.

I'm not an "enlightened" liberal, I just didn't feel like responding to that statement because of how dumb it is.

Well Catholicism was thrown at as like you people would with a bomb, but by the time the Spaniards came around the second time our Rajas, Sultans, and Chiefs were already converting by their own accord.
Frankly that was the only thing good white people has ever given us.

Well, Northern Africa, Anatolia, Egypt, Syria and Syria Palestina, Historical Amernia, and the Caucaus, parts of Arabia, Iraq, and Iran were most definitely Christian.

yeah assimilaton or genocide is the only answer

it just makes me supremely uncomfortable, they have a right to exist.

I almost want to think that the SSNP's greater syria is a solution, a multicultural state whose nationality is arabic but distinct from peninsular or north african, with more assyrian influence. But multiculturalism seems to always lead to instability

Is the color black supposed to represent oil?

Will probably never happen, "Syrian pan-nationalism" or whatever you call it barely exists outside of that party which is tiny anyway. Pan-Arabism and Pan-Islamism are two major ideologies that are fighting each other in the Arab world.
I agree, they have a right to exist, but if they seceded, like the Southern states did, do you expect us to sit back and allow it? You sure didn't, and you'd be hypocrites to support it.

We strap bombs to our chests, get your facts straight. Anyway, all I'm saying is Islam is part of our culture now, all of us from Morocco to Iraq, just like Christianity is part of your culture, take no offense to what I said.

The black flag was used by Mohammed.
The black flag would peomote Islam as an official religion, thus undoing the "progress" towards secular Arab states.
I do know that the vast majority of Arab states have Islam as their official religion, and I don't have a problem with most Muslims, but to try and raise your countries' HDIs and stop extremists, it would be helpful to make Arab states secular and persecute Imams and Islamic scholars that promote extremism and violence.

Then use the Arab League's flag (pic related) and turn it into a country.

Also, btw, ISIS calls their flag the "black flag" (although there is writing on it).

>you'd be hypocrites

I am not my government, and it already does a fuckton of hypocritical things

>We strap bombs to our chests
Ohh, I'm sorry for my cultural ignorance.

Well it is entrenched in your culture but that can always change, we too were Muslims before the Spaniards gave us Christianity.
But it doesn't really matter my friend, in the end the Muslims through the Blessed Virgin will become Christian and finally understand that Isa is not a Prophet but the Logos and God in Human flesh.

AND LO! The angels said: "O Mary! Behold, God has elected thee and made thee pure, and raised thee above all the women of the world.
Surah 3. Al-i'Imran, Ayah 42

Secularism doesn't solve everything, and won't turn the Arab world into a utopia, it's not that simple, religion is one with the culture. I can give you plenty of examples where secularism doesn't work if its artificially inseminated, if the people do not want it, then it will not happen. Extremism is a problem, that we really have to deal with properly, however you guys keep getting involved. (Although Afghanistan was justified.)

ISIS uses the black flag, so do other Islamist organization, they do it because its a cultural symbol, "nostalgic" to the times when we were great. Arabs, they keep thinking about how great they were 600 years ago, instead of trying to make themselves great today. I know this is a generalization, but it comes with some truth.

Well, that's expected, but I'm talking about how a significant amount of people supporting an independent Kurdistan and so on.

Call Islam retarded all you want, but for some reason believing that your God cuckolded a man to create himself sounds really fucking retarded. (Plus the fact that in your bible God fucked his mother.) No offense, turn the cheek like the good Christian you are and stop proselytizing.

>having such a piss-poor understanding of trinitarianism
are you just playing dumb or are you really unable to understand any concept that has more words other than just "allahu akbar"?

Yes, they should, because it is pretty fucking cool

Also, no one gives a shit about you lol

sexy

>fucked his mother
>turn the cheek

Don't worry, one day your children or your children's children will understand what you have misunderstood today.

Looks more like a crest.

Yeah yeah, god is the son who is the father who is the holy spirit but they are all separate. That's one of many concepts on the divinity of Christ, there are, or well were many other concepts relating to his divinity. My point still stands. The concept is "There is no God but God.", not God has many different manifestations, God has one manifestation, and only one manifestation. I know Christianity pretends to be monotheistic, like Judaism and Islam, however have different manifestations of God is polytheistic, if it weren't Hinduism would be considered monotheistic as well. All christianity does is play mind games with itself.

Flag sucks

Yeah ofc they will, I've read your bible, I like the Old Testament, and the New Testament, great books, lots of wisdom within them. Shame you pick and choose from the Old Testament or just ignore it/use it for context. What I don't get is if your Gods are forgiving, then why sentence people to eternity in hell? Our god is merciful, you make mistakes in your life, but wish to correct them, your welcome to, and god will show his mercy to you. I don't want you to convert to Islam, I'm sick of it being bastardized, just think about your own religion clearly. Christianity is dying or already dead, you follow it incorrectly to begin with, ignoring the first book. Christ even said "I'm not here to nullify the Old Laws, but to fulfill them." I mean come on, your God literally says something and you don't follow it, you are the definition of Kaffirs.

The black flag belongs to Makhno and Makhno ONLY

the problem with the black flag is that it will make people think "lol pirates lmao"

>trinitarianism
I bear witness that there is only ONE god worthy of being worshipped, and that prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is the final messenger and prophet of god.