ITT: Returning to your homeland after a long time abroad general

ITT: Returning to your homeland after a long time abroad general

Anybody else feel really wierd coming back?

>Spend month in Japan as part of school's cultural immersion program
>Come back to ATL airport
>Vending machines are shit
>Don't hear "Irashaimase!" everytime I enter a store
>Literally say "arigatou gozaimasu" to a restaurant waiter and he gets really confused
>Try to pay in cash but forgot I didn't exchange my yen for usd

>accidentally speaking a foreign language once coming back after just a month of exchange

I call bullshit
Been abroad studying language 3 months but that shit doesn't happen

just wait longer, it will get worse

if you live in atlanta and weren't just coming through the airport on your way back give me your address and I'll punch you until you forget all the weeb shit you learned

>spend a few months in Quebec
>it's a Commonwealth America that speaks French and everything is a bit older

It seriously felt like being in a parallel universe. Everything was very similar, but just different enough.

>tfw put no effort into learning French because enough of them knew English well
>tfw a lazy fuck

What is the appeal to go abroad?

I really can't see it. Personally, I see no sense in traveling to a place filled with foreigners that have a culture that is not mine and more often than not inferior.

Also their languages. I find really irritating when people speak languages I do not understand, and mildly disturbing when they speak languages I understand.

I mean. I could understand Sup Forums, once you're bored with foreigners you just shut down and go back to your business. But living abroad? What's the point? Seeing another city? There are hundreds in Italy I still haven't seen. Monuments? Oh please, I got Venice and Rome. Beaches? That what Sardegna is for.

Jokes on you, i've never been abroad

AHAHAHAHAHAH

I did.
Spent only two months abroad, in Japan.

Forgot what it was to be treated like crap by clerks, that cars won't stop for you on pedestrian crossings, that pedestrians will cross the road even with the sign red, kept the habit of slightly bowing every time I thanked or asked to be excused to someone for almost a month, etc.

>What is the appeal to go abroad?

The final quest to find a gf

>spend ONE month abroad

>i-i am basically Japanese now wow the reverse culture shock...

lmfao

From Mogadiscio-tier country to First world. I guess you were impressed people didn't run around barefoot wielding AK-47?

You'd really hate London

going outside your comfort zone and challenging yourself
Knowing other cultures, other foods, other lifestyles

>going outside your comfort zone

HAH, jokes on you. If you don't get laid in your country, you won't become the next Marinielli

>you won't become the next Marinielli

what?

But I already do. For historical reasons.

Marinielli, the first man that got laid with a Slovenian woman when we occupied it. You won't magically get laid because you are abroad

spent 1 month in monaco/france/belgium and when i came back i realized how ugly chilean girls are
i wanted to commit sudoku

also every sign that i saw after arriving i was reading it with french accent and clearly they were in spanish

>You won't magically get laid because you are abroad

That actually works you know. Why do you think so many beta loosers go to thailand or other asian countries?

Just came back to the Canadian Maritimes after 7 months in Eastern Tennessee, USA.

Very glad to be home. I did mostly enjoy it there, the food, scenery, people, and recreations, are nice.
Almost everything is better here though obviously.

Lived all my life in Ireland, move back to flag related.
Pakistan is a beautiful country, with a very deep and diverse history....which is not taught in schools, no one knows anything pre islamic.
General public are insufferable and do THE MOST ILLOGICAL shit possible. There's some really good people out there too, uni I go to has some of the coolest people i've met.

Yep. I never feel quite as German as when I'm back home visiting in the US. They've got all those big cars and dumb attitudes and just revel in their own ignorance.

And then I start missing pretzels and Spätzle and Leberkäse.

Weeb

>spend a year working in South Africa
>land back in California
>don't have to worry about pickpockets when walking down city streets
>don't have to watch your back every time you use an ATM
>can go out at night without worrying
>no giant walls and fences in the suburbs
>people actually obey traffic laws
>police don't stop you for no reason and solicit bribes
>people think you're a foreigner because a bit of Afrikaner crept into your accent
>internet speeds are amazingly fast
>everyone has nice cell phones
>even the ghetto looks like Beverly Hills compared to SA townships
>basketball courts everywhere instead of povertykick fields
>no more of those stupid sinks with one tap for cold and one for hot
>can get good food easily
>customer service everywhere is way better

It was good to be back home, the only thing I missed was how low the cost of living was there.

Fucking this.

It's like I walked out of my house one morning and came out into a universe where the Louisiana Purchase never went through and Alaska stayed a sovereign state. Like I was some sort of futuristic travelling man. Fucking spooky.

>Don't hear "Irashaimase!" everytime I enter a store
well that happens in any developed world,however,shopkeepers here always say ''obrigado e volte sempre''

>revel in their own ignorance

I forgot Germans were so enlightened.

What a smug bastard you probably are.

They're not. But they're also not fucking proud of it.

It's different.
With few exceptions (like large department stores) when you enter a shop or restaurant in Japan you're always greeted by the clerks. Not just when leaving.
Heck, you could enter a shop, not buy a thing and you're still thanked when leaving.

>Pakistan
>pre-Islamic

Enlighten me on this history , or at least where I could read more about it?

It's lengthy as fuck.
If you want a crash course just look up Indus Valley Civilization, Mohenjo Dar, Taxila, Mauryan Empire and Indo-Greek/Greco Buddhist
Pre islamic pakistan histroy overlaps a lot of Iran, Afghanistani, and Chinese histories due to their proximity and can be seen in society and traditions today.
Greco-Buddhists was the most mindfuck for me, Greeks traded Buddhist philosophy in Taxila with Greek aesthetics and combined them, the first University of the world was at this site.

4 Months in Singapore. Went from a city with one of the best subway systems in the world back to DC where up until a few months ago the metro tracks would start smoking or spontaneously light on fire almost daily. Still, you're never as patriotic as when you come back home after a long time abroad.

Your story sounds like bullshit OP. It took me about 5 seconds to get used to the States again. Although for like a day I did a mental double take when I saw Asian Americans speaking English without that crazy accent.

Yes. I spent one month in Tokyo, I know how you feel. And my situation is way worse because my girlfriend lives there, and the bands I like are there, I fell in love with Tokyo (I walked the shit out of that city). I can't wait go there and never come back to this shithole.
Mariko, I miss you ;_;

>A bit of Afrikaner crept into your accent
unless you tried very very hard to do this is literally bullshit

>tfw I can never ever go traveling because if you're an autistic loser in your home country you'll be an autistic loser everywhere.
I don't want to disappoint non-American's stereotypical perception that we're the cool kids.

I met an american guy in Tokyo. He was fat and autistic.

this. OP is a weeb faggot who should probably end himself.

And what was OP wearing?

mid kek

I don't remember. But he drank 2 litres of water in a matter of minutes.

>spend months in france as part of school's cultural immersion program
>come back to ORD
>Pays de Illinois owned by America
>Don't have a local baguetterie dans la ville
>Literally say "Merci beaucoup" to restaurant waiter and he gets really confused
>Try to pay in cash but forgot I didn't exchange euro to usd