Why are Americans so triggered by abortion?

Why are Americans so triggered by abortion?

Well, one description of an abortion method I've heard is used in the US is something I'd describe as retroactive abortion.

Cause every one the doctors takes away prenatally is one you'll never get to shoot once it grows us.

Because abortion ends a human life, and we're still Christian enough that murdering innocents actually really bothers a lot of us. Also the interpretation of Roe v. Wade is bogus, which is part of why the pro-life crowd are so butt-bothered. For them, the availability of abortion, from its implementation as settled law via the above to the government funding of Planned Parenthood, the whole thing is one-hundred percent wrong and backwards, and is a tyranny of the state.

Some are and block a lot of things in congress but personally I am all for it

I think religion plays a big role.

I'm not religious myself, but I still disagree with abortion because it's murder imo.

Because religion

also this tbqh Slofamily

A fetus is not a human being

>we're still Christian

does the life start the second the sperm touches the ovum?

>we're still Christian enough that murdering innocents actually really bothers a lot of us.

Except when it comes to animals as you people consume A LOT of meat daily?

>murdering innocents

But you don't give a fuck if the police do it?

>and we're still Christian enough that murdering innocents actually really bothers a lot of us
Of course 'innocent' is whatever America chooses.

including pork products which is a direct violation of Leviticus 11:7

Why doesn't everyone get a vasectomy right out of the womb and get it removed when they're >18 and decide to start a family?

because that's against the protection of rights to body

Because that sounds expensive as shit.

Probably not the second sperm touches egg, but definitely by the time the zygote forms and has its own unique DNA. At this point a unique human creature has been created and, if left alone, will continue to develop into a person.

>leaving out the qualifier "enough"

America is still /more/ of a Jesus-land than a UK, or a France. This is obviously not to say that there are not a lot of atheists, the odd muslim, etc.

Of course a fetus is a human being. What else would it be? "A chunk of tissue"? But I thought human beings were themselves merely larger chunks of tissue?

You don't have to be for or against abortion to recognize the absurdity of what you propose to argue. If you take your stance to its logical conclusion, the lines of argument will necessarily break, whatever way you care to pursue them. A fetus is a human being.

One possible retort is to post pic related, as if it's scored points. Funny how in the image, we're just shy of a zygote.

So not a person

a lot of times twins are created and one devours the other, is this murder

>Letting religion have a word in lawmaking.
What is this XXe century?

'Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat.

But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth.

But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.' - Acts 11:6-9

White abortion is immoral but nigger abortion is a wonderful thing.

Please.

>b-but you have cruel factory farms this is traditional and shiet

We still both kill animals to eat them as food, full stop. You cannot mount the vegetarian angle in this Chinese basket weaving forum and expect to be taken seriously.

Do you not pay attention? There's large numbers of people who are butt-bothered over recent police shootings, including the bresident.

The Strayans are making the better points thus far.

So once it has unique DNA it has a soul and cannot be killed otherwise it is a sin?

and those 23 chromosomes of sperm are fair game to masturbate away, those 23 chromosomes of ovum are fine to get soaked up in a tampon and binned?

they're only a person when they're combined?

or the uniqueness of them is what makes them immoral to kill?

did you know cancer cells are unique? is it a sin to use chemotherapy?

Because the it's my body argument only works when someone else's life isn't on the line.

Meant to attach pic related in re the funny Faroe Islander concerned about animal cruelty.

>Of course a fetus is a human being. What else would it be? "A chunk of tissue"? But I thought human beings were themselves merely larger chunks of tissue?
Of course a star is a human being. What else would it be? "A chunk of matter"? But I thought human beings were themselves merely smaller chunks of matter?

Doesn't really seem sanitary.

>have twins
>one devours the other
>it recieves death penalty upon birth

I don't think that was his point...

The complaint about Roe v. Wade as it relates to American law is not directly related to religion, but instead to its interpretation of our Constituition, a secular document. So your objection is a kind of strawman.

OTOH obviously a religious person may, on account of their religion, agitate for social change, to have laws changed, etc. They've been BTFO in the culture wars, however.

Because obviously a star will eventually grow into a human.

Before a certain state, the foetus is morphologically undistinguishable from any animal's the unique part is only the DNA.
Like says. Even excluding haploid cells, unique human DNA does not equal person.
I could understand if you were against late abortions but being against from the point where the cells combine is retarded.
Even considering that, the foetus isn't a citizen of anywhere until it's born, it shouldn't be protected by any law.

Put that foetus back in the vagina and nobody is going to be hurt in the eternal flames of the Inferno today

I'm not the one who claims to be so considerate of all innocent life, mate; I'm not even religious to begin with. But let me tell you one thing about the topic of whales: Unlike a large chunk of your meat factories, the whales actually live decent lives up until the point they're killed, and we actually make sure they're killed as quickly and painlessly as possible.

But in short, you missed the point, and in , is your only excuse that "we can't take veganism seriously"? I personally can't, but I'm not on the implied "moral highground" that you stand on.

Y'know, at some point if a certain person starts saying something obviously "backwards", then in one moment, it doesn't matter whether they had a point.

A Faroe Islander says anything at all relating to animal cruelty, the instant mental image is the above pic. Then I just have to chuckle, and post.

I am not sure why honestly, Blacks disproportionately get more abortions and I am all for keeping the black population down.

My belief is that you shouldn't kill something which is self aware and can feel pain. I'm not an expert, but experts tell me that this point for humans is 21 weeks pregnant.

if you believe that "you cant kill something with unique genetic code for no reason other than it will make your life worse" yet have ever killed a mosquito, you are a hypocrite.

>Consuming pork/beef meat = murdering innocents

I'm ok with this

you mob usually pull out some old testament verse about how god gave man dominion over the earth at this point

To expand this a bit, this is why the Strayans have had the better replies and funnily not really shitposted thus far: American war killings, Muh Indians, etc.

Innocent lives are innocent lives, which includes animals. They could've said "innocent human life", then that'd be a different topic that others could argue with them, but they just said "murdering innocents"

yes indeed welcome to the land of a million ironies. there are religious fanatics who are SO committed to life that they murder doctors that provide abortion access. cannot, in fact, fabricate this scheisse

>implying that's not a useful conceit, or declaration

I'm the burger who has been writing most of the cheeky replies in this thread thus far. In fact, I'm an atheist, which is allowed by the language of my posts if anyone cares to re-read carefully *tips*.

Anthropocentrism is something that I can get together with Christians on.

Equating the killing/farming of animals to the killing of humans is silly. not sure why Faroe brought that up in the first place since it is probably the weakest angle he could have taken concerning the US being moralistically christian.

just a human

Pigs and cows are usually more intelligent than fetuses iyamtbqhwyf (if you allow me to be quite honest with you faggot)

Late vs early abortions are a perfectly valid question.
Any animal meat has been more self aware and able to feel pain than an unborn feotus. If you place the bar that high for the sanctity of life and you're not vegan, you're a hypocrite.

Yeah, that too. In addition to the sexy hypocrisy picture, there's much more pertinent things to be said about our poor/homeless/war killings etc. As I keep saying the Strayan correctly pointed out one of these.

It's just a goofy as fuck observation when there's such argumentatively better, more important sufferings going on. Specifically human sufferings.

Most European countries have much stricter abortion laws than we do.
The abortionists here are always fighting to bring full term partial birth abortions back again which Bush made illegal.
That's all very far from a lump of tissue. Anything past 25 weeks is just a baby that needs to gain weight and finish it's lung development.
Abortion is a disgusting practice that's the end of long line of bad decisions especially with the morning-after pill being readily available. The only up side is less people born to shitty whores and the damage the process does often makes it harder for them to have children later on.

Is it hypocrisy when I'm not advocating sparing animal lives to begin with? I don't know how you've warped my argument to think that it's actually what I think; I'm just arguing whether American actually means "all innocent lives" when he/she says "murdering innocents"

I won't get into war crimes you've committed, as others can just bring that up

>Acts 11:6-9
So in your mind, god made earth 6000 years ago and pigs were dirty and then 2000 years ago he changed his mind and pigs were fair game, just to make sure everyone was listening that time that he gave birth to himself and came to earth and laid down a second set of rules?

I didn't say you can't kill something with a unique genetic code. I said you shouldn't kill something with a unique gentic human code. I don't care about mosquitoes or chickens, kill away. You can't kill innocent humans though

I didn't sayvanything about laws, just morality

I didn't say anything about souls or sins
It's just wrong to kill humans

Why though humans are just animals. Albeit with bigger brains does that make us special? In the long run will become extinct and no one will care or remember us and life will move on till the eventual heat death of the Universe.