/urban/ + /architecture/

skyline edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EB9W8St1pDc
webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/cushman/index.jsp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sum HK

hi

should we continue the skyline competition lads?

zesralem sie

not photoshopped

so epic best skyline in the world

sum Tokyo

nyc

Vancouver probably has the best skyline for a city of it's size

forgot this

>dat ~0% diversity

saved

nice pic

you mean for a 2million city? I'd honestly rank SF and Seattle higher than Vancouver

wew i dont like it

noice

I really like this

pretty cozy desu

>tfw St. John's will never ever be completed

Shit sucks.

thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=EB9W8St1pDc

Looks pretty cozy. Then again, San Francisco looks decently cozy even today.

hmm

I have a lot of pictures of Pittsburgh in the 70's

nice post them

some nyc

more pittsburgh

Very interesting. Charles Cushman took a lot of Color Photographs from the 40s through the 60s of cities such as Chicago, NYC, and San Francisco. You can browse them at webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/cushman/index.jsp if you're interested.

i thought you hated japanese cities

My city

God I love nyc, although i can't remember the time before manhattan aparently got pussified, first time i was there was 2005. they say it was a real shithole in the 70s and 80s

no skyscrapers in my city.

This is a goldmine.

Thank you.

No problem senpai

wow what city is that? is it in poland?

That's Hong Kong

>Not recognizing Hong Kong, the most famous Polish city

venice

You can always visit Brownsville if you want that 80's feel.

people often fail to grasp just what kind of monstrosity nyc is. this is an incomplete birds eye view of manhattan, which is only one of five boroughs of the city, the central section is a forest that's called central park. the fact that something this overpopulated was ever built is amazing

Why are people obsessed with Poland?

>tfw everyone forgets Staten Island
They did try to secede from the city in the 90's though so I guess they deserve to be forgotten.

Growing up, I thought Coney Island was the fifth borough of NYC, desu.

dublin

It's just really forgettable; I thought it was Long Island.

why though?
how come Milan is so classy(both classical and modern)

>is it in poland?
top kek

Reminds me of Picadilly Circus

never been, but the manhattan and brooklyn people all say its basically jersey. it's enough to frighten away any unsuspecting tourist

I'd say it's more of a mix of NYC and upstate NY if anything.

Thank you mate, It's nice to see that not everyone hates Milano

I'll give it a shot in september when they call on me again, i have to see it all anyway. it's really inexplicable why i love that fucking city so much, i've seen big cities before, but they all fade compared to nyc. nyc is the most crowded, it has the most people in the smallest area and it's beautiful. a beautiful catastrophe, as a great man once said.

It's always nice to hear someone with a positive opinion of the city. I hope you enjoy your next visit.

tokyo is the only city that feels monstrously big to me.

It doesn't make me hate it though because you know that the whole thing is relatively nice

I always find it fascinating how NYC turned out to be such a large and influential city. I sometimes cycle/walk past the former headquarter of the Dutch West India Company (pic related). This is where the order was given to build the first building ever (a fort) in Manhattan. The center of Amsterdam barely changed since those days, while the settlement in Manhattan grew out to be one of the biggest and certainly the most influential city in the world.

oh it's big as fuck, but it's spaced out. only the bronx is actually on the mainland in nyc, all the other sections are islands. they're much more crowded than any other city with even greater populations.

Legend has it that the island of Manhattan was bought from the local Indians for 24 guilders, and currently has by far the most valuable real estate in the world. And IIRC, it's called "Wall Street" because that's where the wall was - very interesting given that it's south of Houston Street, and makes you think how small it originally was.

There has to be slums somewhere in there...

Brooklyn alone would be the 4th-largest American city, behind only the rest of NYC, LA, and Chicago.

Ever been to LA?

now why'd you have to go and ruin a perfectly good thread?

w-why would anyone hate that wonderful city