Been studying (British) English since childhood

>been studying (British) English since childhood
>always get the highest grades in English at school
>fluent speaker, no issue whatsoever understanding lyrics, movies or books in English
>travel to England
>can't understand a fucking word

Why are English people so bad at speaking English?

oy y0 fokkin wot mate come to scotland mate you will understan easier

innit? smeg me arse, same la

Stop speaking to poor people

Daily reminder that American and Canadian English are the most aesthetic sounding versions. Unless you're from California, that still sounds terrible.

oy mate yu som kindah boffin telan mei wot tu du en haw to speik hah?¿

>not the Irish
God bless the Irish

England's accents are just shit tier. Ireland, wales and Scotland are better.

>Why are English people so bad at speaking English?
I ask to me the same question everyday.

FUNNY INNIT?

Because you're poor and didn't went to language school with american and british teachers

>I ask to me

JUST

I ask to I*

That was the joke...

U wat bruv?

Yeah, that wasn't a joke, and I'm a turd in English.
But I try, at least.

Say something in french.

bonjour parlez vous francais

Try America or Canada instead. Much easier to understand.

CHEEAHS LUV

I live in California and I've never met someone with a non-generic accent. Are you talking about valley girls?

Valley girls as well but also people who use "like" every other word or who say "bro" unironically.

Good. No mistakes.
10/20 for using google translate tho.

>t. provincial bumpkin

You grasp on the English language is clearly not as good as you thought it was.

Either that or you made this whole thing up.

I did french for 5 years at school. granted I dont remember much but still

I had issues with some working class but in general they are easy to understand.

Ah bon ? Je pensais que tu avais utilisé Google traduction. Cinq ans de français, c'est long.

Un peu comme ma bite. Aimerais tu me sucer la bite, mon ami ?

I understand you. I made 4 years of English and still a shit.

I did Spanish for 5 years and can barely remember anything about it

I am* understands* to* you. I made an* 4 years of English and still many* shit.

Not bad effort though, 6/10

I am of understandings to you. I is makings of 4 English years and still defecations.

>and still defecations

Scottish english > All
Step up your game

Where did you travel to? There's literally hundreds of different accents/dialects in the UK, and some are way harder to understand than others. I'd still struggle to understand people from various parts of Scotland, for example.

What part of UK are you from?

Yon makir spiks o' traeth. Lallans maks muckle leids ower aa' tha suth spakit sassains.

I'm from the West Midlands, not too far from Birmingham. Also lived in the East Midlands and the south-west. I don't have much of an accent though.

What people from England have worst accent?

*have the worst

Je ne pas parle de francais.

Poor people from London who are under 20. It's all one big mish-mash of Jamaican slang and chav speak.

And what people have the best?

It depends really. Lots of people hate the scouse (Liverpool) accent, but I don't mind it. I really hate strong Welsh accents, but others like it. Agree with though, even white guys from London have started talking in this bullshit fake gangster way and it's pretty cringeworthy.

Again, depends on preference. I like posh English accents and Scottish accents (if I can understand them).

I did the english for four defecations, and I still don't understand

Best is probably RP (Received Pronounciation) which is the upperclass "Posh English". I really like the Edinburgh accent as well.

>unironically learning American English in school
>GeorgeCostanzaDoingThatFuckingFace.png

In High School we learned American English instead and we watched The Wire during class
True story

Is the average Swede fluent in English? Did you cunts artificially give yourself a second language

Our second language is Finnish. But yes, like most countries on earth we speak English.
And like all other things, what we do we do well

Spent 3 months in Sweden and outside Stockholm, 90% of people could barely speak English

This is unironically true

wee