How did Spain turn from a country where every winter there was snow and had temperate marvelous beachy summers...

How did Spain turn from a country where every winter there was snow and had temperate marvelous beachy summers (1900-1970's) to a desolate desert with Afghanistan-like temperatures?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_(Roman_province)#Economics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i dont know but who gives a shit just stay in the basement and turn the air conditioner on, unless you're a normie in which case get the fuck out of here

Jokes on you, it's being the most rainy summer in a while up here

Neighboor here, yeah this shit is actually insane where I live (pretty close to spain) we used to have snow every winter, rain and shit nowadays its a fucking desert

>How did Spain turn from a country where every winter there was snow and had temperate marvelous beachy summers (1900-1970's)
Excuse me? I take it you aren't talking about the plains in the center that are and have been dry for centuries.

climate change you dumbass

>believing le chinese conspiracy
cuck

>thinking that a phenomenon evidenced in history is all a keikaku made up by chinks

God you cant be this stupid

Yes Portugal and Spain are sadly the proof that this is real

It's real but it's not such a big change. Big enough to make damage but small enough to not be noticeable by humans

>hurr durr le chink conspiracy xdddd

I can't belive the mentality of some people. There are a fucking shitton of papers and data showing climate change is real, but it doesn't matter, it takes one single guy people like to say it's fake and everyone agrees

Probably from all the darkies absorbing sunlight and emitting it as heat

>tfw never seen snow in my life

I remember 10 years ago summer were less hot and winters were like todays autumns.
Climate is changing, and I don't like it.

North Africa was the bread basket of the Roman empire in 100AD as was the middle east, Palestine was a lush area also, it was depleted by over farming

I'm not saying I was the Jews, but it was the Jews

It all went downhill after Franco died

too prove the point:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_(Roman_province)#Economics
>The prosperity of most towns depended on agriculture. Called the "granary of the empire", North Africa, according to one estimate, produced one million tons of cereals each year, one-quarter of which was exported. Additional crops included beans, figs, grapes, and other fruits. By the 2nd century, olive oil rivaled cereals as an export item[citation needed]. In addition to the cultivation of slaves, and the capture and transporting of exotic wild animals, the principal production and exports included the textiles, marble, wine, timber, livestock, pottery such as African Red Slip, and wool.

have latins gone blind to shitposts

>the cultivation of slaves
What does that mean? Did they actually breed slaves like a farmer breeds cows and pigs?

10% of the Roman population was made up of slaves

My grandmother grew up on crete, the area she used to live was always green in spring and winter, there was an actual river which flowed by her home. In her words 'We used to have four seasons, now we have two summer and winter' Now its constantly desolate.

Doesn't Ireland have like 10°C average in winter and thus is ever green?

Yes.

>my grandmother grew up on CRETE

Wait climate change is real?

I got that, was referring to the "endless spring" there you mentioned, and pointing out you have it too in your new location (though cooler summers I guess)
Meh, I guess it goes in cycles. Winter 96/97 we had -18°C here (record low). After that, generally mild winters followed (6 year streak of it never going below -10). Then BAM, 2009-2012 winters with down to -17 again. After that, mild period again (hasn't gone below -10 for 4 and a half years now, plus winters 13/14 and 15/16 were virtually snowless)

Oh right, yeah we are green, a temperate atlantic island of verdant fields watered by the moist atlantic winds and rainds, and warmed by the gentle northern sun.