Is scooter considered childish in your country?

is scooter considered childish in your country?
i saw this one today and it looked based af but... its scooter and not a bike

they look dumb
Most people laugh at them whilst driving

More childish than based, since most 15 year olds use them for transportation.

I KNOW ;_;

Yes. They are very uncommon but whenever I see one I laugh

Not particulary, you even see old people using them

Depend of the scooter, there are many shapes, some of which does looking childish

>be 26
>drive pic related to work every day when its sunny and warm

fuck haters, i have car but its nowhere near as fun

>is scooter considered childish in your country
Yes.

is scooter considered childish in your country
Yes, but not when the guy look like your pic tho.

Around here people mostly think you're an alcoholic, since your license gets suspended after a DUI, and

Not so much childish but they're usually for wannabe bikers that don't have the skills to get around on a real bike and still want to pretend

Beat me to it. "DUI-mobiles"

The only thing less cool than a scooter is a three wheeled scooter 2bh

Kek, I want to see that.

Japan has more scooters than non scooters but the scooters here are not so lame

my monkey or me riding it? latter cant be provided

No. It's really popular here among high schoolers and uni students.

But the bike is superior.

What do you mean by this?

Yes they are. They're worse. All the little nihon-cholos revving their wheeled leaf blowers every fucking weekend. Ride the goddamned train.

Scooters are for girls and jonnes too retarded to work out how to change gears. Be a man, buy a proper moped

Dudeson? Is that you?

Postaa manki :-)

no

Anything with two wheels considered childish here, aside from work purposes.
Also, bikers of all kinds are stupid on the road, especially when a young one gets some chick behind him.

There are some good ones, but they cost same as the average car (Golf IV).

You need a bike licence if it's over 50 ccm, and if it's under, you can drive it with car licence...

Both desu.

>blinkers
>reflectors
>2 part handlebar
>a fucking mirror

tyä_miäs drives legal

What do you mean by this?

i rather have it legal because i have to drive it to work almost daily and i work at downdown area meaning it would catch attention of police

Scooters are for fags, mudshits and underage.

Those things are required now?

Anything less than a 600cc supersport or is considered childish here, which I find absolutely retarded. Progressive licensing systems make a lot of sense and have the added benefit of creating many small displacement options. Displacements based tax brackets have a similar effect. It would be cool to see learners start out on Aprilia RS125 before moving up to RS250, FZR400, Bandit 400, VFR400, and all those other intermediate options that are still serious, high performance machines. The situation is improving here though, just slowly, though high-end low displacement bikes will never be as popular as in more cucked countries where people are forced to choose them.

Scooters are pretty gay though m8. If you have a healthy body and no issues with coordination, a motorcycle is far more rewarding and the limits of its performance (not only speed/acceleration) are almost always much higher than a scooter. That said, they're excellent cheap, efficient transportation for females and other casuals who wouldn't be riding anything otherwise.

Pic related, my learner, a Suzuki GS500, a budget/commuter bike. I'd gladly trade some of its power for it to be more exotic, maybe fancy brakes and suspension, a high-revving, lovely sounding 4 cylinder, and generally more panache/character.

>125 to 400
Go at least to a 650, otherwise it takes ages before you get to a 600 and you'll never reach a litre.

not sure bout reflectors but blinkers, break light, mirror (left) is required

There's a saying here, if you bought a bike, you already dug your own grave.

>you'll never reach a liter
Not really a bad thing imo unless you're into cruisers or sport-touring bikes.

But yeah, restrictions should not be placed completely on displacement, as most any 650 twin is far more beginner friendly than a 600 supersport. I suppose a line must be drawn somewhere though, perhaps max power output would be more reasonable?

That is what I was about, I would say 125/250 (

my vespa desu

Don't really see any negative connotations about scooters here 2bh. But that's just me. Pic related is my learner bike. I occasionally see the delivery scooter guy from the local Dominos when I'm riding about and we always nod to each other

The exhilaration and sensation of freedom from riding is so powerful that I cannot relate to people who seem satisfied in life without motorcycles. I accept the risk that I may break bones, lose a limb, become paralyzed, or die, though I'd probably just kill myself if I became paralyzed.

My greatest fear, by far, is becoming paralyzed from the neck down, so that I would not be able to kill myself.

Mostly unrelated to this thread, but Sup Forums users in general seem to enjoy this kind of thing. 2arms1head.com is a book written by a young man who became paralyzed from the chest down (could still use his arms) after hitting a donkey on his motorcycle. It's directly on that webpage and free to read.