Brexit

>Brexit
>Theresa May as PM
>Boris as Foreign Secretary
>Trump contesting polls for POTUS

If Trump is elected president, it will be the beginning of the end of the English language being the modern Latin. Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7qmHte75ZiY
youtube.com/watch?v=_FSWlfcg6oA
youtube.com/watch?v=TVk4nh-hBKY
youtube.com/watch?v=rlYMID5qCdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends. What is next in line for lingua franca?

Chinese

You think so? Why?
It seems China is unstable, developing, and with improper relations to much of the west to become a lingua franca anytime soon.

I wouldn't mind to go back to French. Although I'm rooting for Russian.

>If Trump is elected president

DUTCH

May's government won't last a year and Boris will not even make that year though.

>If Trump is elected president, it will be the beginning of the end of the English language being the modern Latin. Thoughts?
Why? What's going to replace it?

No it won't. Stay mad.

English is not going anywhere, the internet has made a lingua franca so much more important than ever before. English fits the bill in more ways than one; the US and the UK could well become holes in the ground and we would still come post here in English from all around the world.

>Hillary will win

>DUTCH
pls no

>tfw the English language will be the lingua franca forever

Sometimes...sometimes the good guys do win.

Brexit or not, I like them anyway

In what fucking world does this even remotely make sense. The only scenario where English is replaced is either a total collapse of America followed by the dominance of a country not named China (because the entire world isn't going to learn a language as difficult as Chinese) or another World War that effectively achieves the same result as the previous situation I described.

i welcome our new french overlords
bienvenue!

you lazy chavs won't ever have to act like you care about foreign languages
get that goverment dosh for students tho

Educate yourself.

Never, what made the english what it is today is its simplicity. Mandarin is literally the hardest language ever, especially for westerners.

This. French or Russian. Russian being probably more relevant.

>Russian being probably more relevant.
>typical French leftist.

I'm not a leftist and I truely would love french to become lingua franca again, but let's face it, why would this happen ? Russian has more speakers and the russosphere is an emerging power.
France is becoming more and more of an islamic shithole as the recent events proves it.

Tsk... Sweden. Forever the prison bitch. Apparently, the whole of Africa and the Islamic State are insufficient to sate your ravenous boipussi.

>is unstable

If anything, it's the opposite.

It'll become more important, but not the lingua franca. English is gonna remain that way because it's easier to learn the basics of. Sadly.

I don't think so, for some reasons. I'm learning Polish.

>Supporting a traitor

Disgusting

That's a VERY smug anime

Can americans and brits have a troubles with understanding English?

For example, I realised that I DON'T understand this song in my native Russian, because he sings too fast and it's not a studio record.

youtube.com/watch?v=7qmHte75ZiY

He is also siberian.

Still infinitely better than Drumpf.

I understand, but badly, not 100%. Like Belarusian or even Polish (but a bit better than Polish)

I understand it perfectly desu

This song or English? Are you siberian too?

>Polish
If it's not for an interpal qt I have literally no idea why you're doing this.

I have nothing against Russia(n people).

But obviously, your opinion is biased.

You say that france is becoming an islmaic shitty country. It's true.

however that only 5% of the global population is muslim.

I agrre with you on it.

The Russian/Putin solution is not the best answer tho.

His solution is just to establish a police state.

So a a fascist state.

Just think 2 minutes.

France. Country of Human liberty.

I study it because I may be an enthnical pole and wanna to save my culture.

But you can study it because Poland will rule in the East Europe.

Taking the piss m8, it sounds weird though, doesn't sound like Russian.

yeh happens a lot with music but there also some accents or dialects that are fairly unintelligible within the anglo speaking world. I was in Chicago and asked a waitress what ranch sauce was, I had not heard of it at the time. She literally could not understand me until i said riiiinch instead of rarnch as i pronounce it. I also have trouble with mexicans speaking english, took a few goes to understand curly fries when offered. In Australia there were a few people I had trouble with but they were mostly snarly ockers who no one understood.

English is going to remain a lingua franca for a long time. Other languages might get more interest, but too many people know it now for them to just drop for something else. What helped English to become lingua franca in the first place is not just the ease of learning it, but also the fact that before 20th century, only the educated elite bothered learning the lingua franca of the times. With better and more widespread education, coupled with most schools around the world offering English, the language is just too entrenched now to go away.

French or German.

French is easier for us, because your accent is very weird for us. I was studying your language from the first grade, but It stopped to sounds like a something chinese-tier only when I turned 20.

But the last time when I tried to learn French I was watching HIMYM in the French translate and I'd started to understand good after 4-5 times (one time in Russian + 4-5 in French).

Also Glasgow sounds like a nightmare.
youtube.com/watch?v=_FSWlfcg6oA

worse thing is i understand it quite well, and I am so southern I am closer to Paris than Glasgow. Years of watching Rab C Nesbitt may have helped.

youtube.com/watch?v=TVk4nh-hBKY

I'm always surprised to hear about English people who've watched Rab C. Nesbitt. Do you have Scottish family or something? I can't think of any other reason why anyone down south would watch it. Or understand it.

he did sketches as Rab on BBC2 nationally before he did his own scottish TV series, so he had a lot of following fans who werent scottish. I had to look it up but the program was Naked Video.

Weird. I wonder who decided that was a comedy character with nationwide potential. I suppose everybody knows the incomprehensible Scotsman trope.

>Drumpf

Oh look a tumblr meme
Better not be a racist bigot and vote for hillary like a good cuck

it was a sketch show of lots of characters, kind of like the fast show if you know that. Gregor Fisher who plays Rab also did a series of adverts for cigars on TV that were hugely well known for years which kept him popular generally.
youtube.com/watch?v=rlYMID5qCdE

yo shut up

Oh look, one of two other countries that use the same units of measurement as us

You have literally no argument except memes.

Mandarin is pretty easy though.

I'll start

>only rose to prominence in politics off her husband's coattails and wild success/popularity while attaining nothing of merit on her own
>has flip flopped on almost every major issue ever and there is video evidence of most of it
>"accomplishments" as secretary of state include the botched liberation of Libya, Benghazi, the rise of fundamentalism with the arab spring in the middle east, rise of ISIS in Syria and Iraq, letting Russia take Crimea and invade Ukraine, letting China start to incur on the South Sea, and general global turmoil
>literally the definition of bought and sold by Wall Street and the corrupt banks and has the biggest wallet in the race
>stirs and provokes her liberal base with kids menu social issues while chasing devastating deals for the American economy like TPP (her husband was a NAFTAcuck too)

Oh, and there's that thing about using a private server to hide e-mails and shit and put top secret American info at jeopardy just because she thinks she's above the law.

I'll take the asshole who's at least nationalistic and no shitty ass political track record to speak of (yet). I think a populist anti-establishment asshole may be what we need right now with how fucked over we're getting by our elites.

No way, I worked in a cigar shop in Edinburgh for a year and never knew about this. I really like Gregor Fisher but I can only ever associate him with Rab. Seeing him in 1984 was just so jarring, he doesn't seem to 'belong' in a serious drama.

>Hillary will try to get rid of guns and will limit a lot of the second amendment
>Hillary has nothing going for her besides woman
>Hillary is corrupt as fuck abd wikling to bribe as seen by delagates voting for her in bernie states
>Trump is better at managing things (great businessman)
>Trump has more intrest in US economy being self dependent
>Trump wants to have stronger allies across seas like UK and France
>Trump wants to split California into 2 states

lol yeh, he plays Rab to perfection, and we all know a Rab somewhere in our town. gotta go anyway chap, the missus is calling for my charms. later alligator

>Hillary will try to get rid of guns and will limit a lot of the second amendment
Wanting common sense gun laws =/= Taking guns away.

>Hillary has nothing going for her besides woman
And the fact that she's secretary of state and has much more experience in politics than most people today, Trump included.

>Hillary is corrupt as fuck abd wikling to bribe as seen by delagates voting for her in bernie states
What?

>Trump is better at managing things (great businessman)
Yeah, 4 bankruptcies really make him a great businessman.

>Trump has more intrest in US economy being self dependent
Remember that his MAGA hats are literally made in China. Trump has nothing to gain by bringing jobs over here and if you think he's going to actually do it then you're the exact kind of retard he's pandering to.

>Trump wants to have stronger allies across seas like UK and France
And how does he expect that to happen if he keeps insulting everyone and trying to bully other countries?

>Trump wants to split California into 2 states
This should tell you how intelligent Trump really is.

>only rose to prominence in politics off her husband's coattails and wild success/popularity while attaining nothing of merit on her own
Okay. I don't see how you can prove that, but okay.

>has flip flopped on almost every major issue ever and there is video evidence of most of it
Trump has flip-flopped literally nonstop. He changed his views on abortion 4 times within 24 hours for fuck's sake.

>"accomplishments" as secretary of state include the botched liberation of Libya, Benghazi, the rise of fundamentalism with the arab spring in the middle east, rise of ISIS in Syria and Iraq, letting Russia take Crimea and invade Ukraine, letting China start to incur on the South Sea, and general global turmoil
Post proof that all of that happened and that all of that was entirely her fault.

>literally the definition of bought and sold by Wall Street and the corrupt banks and has the biggest wallet in the race
And Trump isn't the same way?

>stirs and provokes her liberal base with kids menu social issues while chasing devastating deals for the American economy like TPP (her husband was a NAFTAcuck too)

>Oh, and there's that thing about using a private server to hide e-mails and shit and put top secret American info at jeopardy just because she thinks she's above the law.

>I'll take the asshole who's at least nationalistic and no shitty ass political track record to speak of (yet).
You'd probably pick the doctor with no experience over the one with decades of experience because he talks about how much he loves America.

>I think a populist anti-establishment asshole may be what we need right now with how fucked over we're getting by our elites.
>Trump
>Anti-Establishment

no

3* bankruptcies out of over 500 successful businesses what a horrible businessman

The Trump is a bad businessman meme needs to end

This, and also because of the rise of mass media and American and British dominance thereof.

SIEGHEIL FÜR EIN DEUTSCHES EUROPA

Ich liebe deutschland