Any portuguese ? Is this wine good ?

Any portuguese ? Is this wine good ?

maybe, it sells a lot, so there must be a reason
also quit putting a fucking blank between the word and the question mark

Do you know the taste ? Is it sweet or dry ?
Thanks.

I don't drink alcohol, sorry

It's decent vinho verde. Although, in this price range, I prefer Gazela.

That wine is shit.
It's markleted heavily, so it sells well, though.

Try "Muralhas".

Slightly bitter(ish) and lightly carbonated.

t. Abdulrahman al Andalusi

It is the only portuguese wine that I find in Carrefour next to my home. I will try it

our vinho verde is pretty good, I only tasted gazela so I don't know but i think its the most marketed so it must be at least as good

shut the fuck up, I just can't stand the taste of alcohol

Any wine is good when you're a faggot.

Gazela is actually one of the worst green wines.
Bunch of plebs, all of you.

Don't get your hope up, this is still 3€ wine. Also, vinho verde is not exactly the pinnacle of wine making.

Please don't blow yourself up Gulbuddin Hekmatyar al Portuguesi

drink it cold over a bbq on a hot summer day

Vinho verde is generally plebs fucktard. It's fuckin spoiled, carbonated wine.

ah yes, very nice, very epic

yes, I'm sure that's why people have been making it for thousands upon thousands of years

Oh rly?

pshhh he is probably all enthusiastic about some home made, triple distillate poison.

Spoiled ?

I unironically fucking love wine

thanks lol

peace out my nigga

honhonhon

My brother.

Yeah really. That's why upper class vinho verde sells for 30€ tops. Which is not even a starting point for any other decent wine.

I was being sarcastic. If you haven't understood by now, I think there's only a few god green wine brands. The rest is dogshit. Casal Garcia and Gazela included.

The specific, fizzy taste of vinho verde originally came from fermentation in the bottle. Which is usually considered a fault, a spoiled wine. But I guess somebody figured out that it may still be drinkable and refreshing due to slightly bitter, fizzy taste and voila, vinho verde.

For someone who kows next to nothing about Portuguese wine except for Porto wine, what would you recommend?

Ah OK. I mean, I like wine and I'll order a glass of vinho verde occasionally. It's good for what it is; refreshing, cheep, fizzy wine. You either like it or not. Goes well with sea food. But it's far the best what Portugal can offer.

Vinho verde is fucking dope op

With some grilled sardinhas or octopus or bacalhau and some olives it's fucking amazing

You codniggers know what you're doing when it comes to food and wine

Depends what you like, how much are you willing to pay and what can you actually buy.

Well, there are 901283560976061506176 good portuguese wines out there.

What do you want?
Red wine? White wine? Fortified wine? And if fortified, bitter or sweet? Something a little stronger than wine but still a byproduct of its production like aguardente?

>american wine connoisseur strikes again

I'll never understand the american obsession for portuguese green wine. More money for us, I guess.

>green wine with cod
Disgusting
>green wine with sardinhas
Disgusting
>green wine with octopus
Disgusting

Drink it with cold food like some moluscs or whatever.

If you want wine, choose any wine from Herdade do Esporão it's situated in Alentejo. They have the best wine ever made.

I like red wine, so if you could give me any recommendations, I would appreciate it

What kind of red wine do you prefer? Fruity, or with a strong flavour? And if strong, more or less bitter?

Alberto pls, teach me the true way

I'm sorry I just really liked and had never tried it before it ok, it was very refreshing and cooled me down in hot ass Africa tier Lisboa and Porto

I loved your reds as well

I love Portugal but you can chill your sassy ass down

Not him but I like red wine strong, less biter

Have you tried Rose wine?

Strong and I generally like all nuance of it

Yeah I had a lot of Spanish roses, never tried them in Portugal though. I generally prefer strong full-bodied reds like Ribera but I can appreciate a nice light white or rose as well.

I really liked your guys' liquers and fortified wines. Ginginha with a cup of coffee and moscatel are great.

Well, it is refreshing, yes, but it totally destroys the flavour of some food because of its freshness.

Reds are good with meat and cod. The better the meat the better the red you need usually.
White wine is very good for fish.

Try Douro red wines then. And I mean red wines from the porto region, not port wine, which is reinforced and sweet.

Anything north of 5€ should be nice. The region starts to shine around the 15€ mark though. There are some cheap gems at around 3 or 4€ though (these are portuguese prices, they should be inflated a bit if you're buying them in France).

Maybe Douro or even Dão wines. If you're eating lamb or something like that, give Bairrada a try, it may be the portuguese region that gives stronger wines regarding taste, but it's not for everyone.

>rose wine
Faggot.

Why is Portugal so underrated for food?

Literally had some of the greatest meals of my life there

Pic related was cum-worthy

I like it, specially the one called Plexus.

Since that you like liqueurs, have you tried this one. (pic related).

It was on my list to try but unfortunately I didn't get the chance to give it a shot while I was over there.

>rose
Faggot

>Beirão
Kill yourself

Ginja is good.
Port wine is king of fortified wines, of course.
Don't be a pussy and drink a good aguardente like Velhíssima or CR&F. There are a ton of awesome no name aguardentes, but those are rare to find.

Thank you very much for the recommendation portubro :)

>licor beirao

literally AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

too sweet for me

Thank you for understanding. It literally tastes like cough syrup. Horrible.

If he never tried Beirão, what's the problem?
Btw only drink rose with shrimps and crabs.

what is that?

To be fair to him I've met quite a few portugese people who don't drink, they'll even go to nightclubs and stay sober the whole night.

The problem is that Beirão is garbage, you shouldn't be recommending garbage to people.

I think it was called bacalhau a moda da casa, but I might be mistaken. Maybe a Portubro can correct me.

Basically a gigantic piece of delicious bacalhau smothered in a sauce of onions, garlic, and olives served with humongous chunks of fried potato. Had it with a beer and it was incredible.

Portuguese people tend to drink small quantities everyday instead of binge drinking on the weekend.
Although this behaviour is changing in the younger drinkers.

>bacalhau à moda da casa
So, literally a dish of cod made that the restaurant invented.
Seems like cod that was cooked with onions, a bit of olive oil and annatto (colorau), together with fried potatoes and olives.

True. It is still a mystery to me why we are so fuckin loud even if 90% of people are not even drunk for British standards. Weekend street noise level in most cities is intolerable.

>not letting the foreigners know who's in charge

more like
>not letting locals sleep cause I need to chimp out on the streets

isso é efeito secundário