What the hell happens in this part of the world

what the hell happens in this part of the world

it seems like the most irrelevant continent. with the exception of hearing about the shit show that is brazil, this part of the world is never discussed on the news

which country has the best military?

have these countries been involved in any big wars recently?

which country is likely to emerge as a superpower?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Military_Strength_Index
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
youtube.com/watch?v=mPne-q4ynts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Brazil invests more in the military than all other SA countries combined.
No wars lately, but Brazil did genocide Paraguayan males some time ago.
Brazil is the only economically relevant country so it's the most likely to get superpowers.

tell me good things about brazil

Brazil invests more in the military than all other SA countries combined.
Brazil genocided Paraguayan males some time ago.
Brazil is the only economically relevant country so it's the most likely to get superpowers.

>Brazil invests more in the military

That's because high ranking officers and their entire families get pensions forever. The money isn't invested in equipment, Brazilian military is a junkyard where 75% of the equipment is in need of repairs and lack spare parts.

>which country is likely to emerge as a superpower?
Pic related.

what the hell brazil
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Military_Strength_Index
canada is stronger?
why?????/

argentina is a smelly shithole

this is just a trade agreement like nafta

It's a pretty stable continent...no risk of war, terrorism or civil wars...except Venezuela which is a shithole

rar flag
what happens in aisle of man

Brazil is never on trouble. We don't have real enemys, so we don't need so much investiment on military.
Brazil, when we needed, was the 2nd best Marine in the world, and one of the biggest military.

You people are about as retarded as Indians, an aircraft carrier, plans for a nuclear submarine and meanwhile half of your country is worse off than our three poorest states... And whatever happened to that state of the art footie stadium you guys built in the middle of the jungle? Seriously Brasil, most of your exports are commodities and still below ours, you're on the verge of hitting double digit inflation and are you even out of the recession yet?

>muh genocide

>Isle of Man
literally fucking who

its better than mexico then?

nothing except TT races

Brazilian military just exists for powerful families to exert their power and have cheap labor from conscripts.

When i served, i thought i was going to shoot guns and train in the jungle. But instead i spent 2 years working in construction, cleaning officer's houses, having my salary stolen by superiors, beatings and drug trafficking inside the barracks.

Please stop...

immigrate to the us like most of your countrymen alraady have

>served
>conscript actually believed that he'd do the cool shit

Shoulda have done AMAN or EsSA like the smart people do.

I imagine Brazil with Bolsonaro president. An economic and military superpower. I hope he wins .

The Pacific Alliance is an initiative of regional integration comprised by Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru, officially established on April 28th, 2011. Its objectives are:
>Build in a participatory and consensual way an area of deep integration to move progressively towards the free movement of goods, services, resources and people.
>Drive further growth, development and competitiveness of the economies of its members, focused on achieving greater well-being, overcoming socioeconomic inequality and promote the social inclusion of its inhabitants.
>Become a platform of political articulation, economic and commercial integration and projection to the world, with emphasis on the Asia-Pacific region.

Sounds like way more than a simple trade agreement, burgerbro.

why would i leave a 99% white place with beautiful scenery and low tax to america? literally no-one i know wants to live there

Not true. I took a shower last week.

why do so many brazilians come to arizona to shop? also why are you guys so loud? your language sounds like retarded spanish
is bolsonaro the trump of brazil?
sounds exactly like nafta

because most manx people already live in the states and there is way more shit to do here. how much are taxes there?

>is bolsonaro the trump of brazil?

He is some crazy redneck military officer from the dictatorship. Edgy teens want him to win because they believe he can restart the pro-USA anti-Communist dictatorship.

Yes, he hates commies

>why do so many brazilians come to arizona to shop? also why are you guys so loud? your language sounds like retarded spanish
we go to america n' shit
It's like asking you "why black people in your country like possesing so many things, they speak a retardaded English". They think tlike "I can buy it, you can't. I'm best than you".
>is bolsonaro the trump of brazil?
Yes.

good
is argentina commie??

usa becomes commie look up "bernie sander" almost won the presidency but also "hilary clinton" with commie leanings. i will move to brazil to enjoy the capitalist society if they elect a commie here.

Australia is the most irrelevant continent.

Australia could probably win a war against all of South America desu.

I find this reallly funny desu

No
Hilary is also not commie

>is argentina commie??
Not anymore, I think.

We only need to send a few of these bad boys and it's over.

>Brasilian unironically defending being the nigger of Spanish speaking America

>is argentina commie??
They're very tainted.

>Spanish speaking America

Portuguese is the most spoken language here in South America. South America is the continent of the Portuguese.

Are you fucking retarded or ironic

>which country has the best military?

Brazil has the strongest one but Chile's is the most modern I think. Colombia's is the one with the most actual experience tho.

>have these countries been involved in any big wars recently?

Nope, only if you count the guerilla in Colombia.

>which country is likely to emerge as a superpower?

Argentina once they annex us and the Viceroyalty of the Rio de la Plata is restored.

Portuguese is a meme name for Brazilian Spanish.

This.

cuck

In all fairness they have emus... Neither South America nor Australia have power projection, you'd basically have to fight it out in airport lounge rooms...

>it seems like the most irrelevant continent.
What about Oceania?

Not a continent, just an asian archipelago.

Remember the gringos have that stupid-ass continental system where oceania doesn't exist.

>The term is often used more specifically to denote a continent comprising Australia and proximate islands.

PARAGUAY EMPIRE WILL RISE AND CONQUER THEM ALL
IN THE NAME OF MARISCAL LOPEZ
SIEG HEIL

>so irrelevant that it isn't considered.
nice.

Even so, they would choose Australia over south america in terms of relevance for anglo circlejerking purposes.

I'm retarded? You live in Serbia m8

>i will move to brazil to enjoy the capitalist society if they elect a commie here.
Am I missing something? there are tons of better countries like japan, western europe, canada, australia.

>tfw the most irrelevant country from the most irrelevant continent
feels good mane

What's Paraguay and irrelevant trinity?

R A R E

A

R

E

i dont have a dog in this fight but thats irrefutable, u unironically live in serbia wtf is wrong with you

>>tfw the most irrelevant country
Not so fast weedboy

>Brazil is the only economically relevant country so it's the most likely to get superpowers.
top kek. What's Argentina and Chile m8?
Bundas. Bundas everywhere

I'm not too knowledgeable about the political situation and what they contribute, but I love Latin America. Went to Colombia last year, probably my second favorite country. Went to Nicaragua and Costa Rica a few months ago and a really lover the former.

I'm going to hitchhike from the southern tip of SA back home to the USA after I get my degree. Will probably have to be a bitch and fly around the Darien Gap, but what can you do.

> what's Argentina and Chile
Colombia is on path to become the 2nd largest economy in south america after Brazil. It's just a matter of time.

Didn't know that. I know that Argentina got some credit since electing Macri and Chile is, well, Chile. Cheers m8

I don't think we will surpass Chile, maybe because we are bigger and have more population, but they will still have more per capita and less poverty, maybe better than Argentina

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

Nop. Argentina is more rich than colombia.

I knew Uruguay existed before Guyana and Suriname tbqh

Yes, I know. We don't get as much attention as those countries and that's actually a good thing desu

Uruguay: 53 billion
Paraguay: 28 billion

>The Republic of Paraguay
What went wrong?

Yes, you're right on a per capita basis. As a country though, our economy is growing faster and our population is larger. We're going to surpass you economically as a country but you're gonna still be richer than us in per capita terms. Also, our country is more densely populated.

Actually uruguay is one of the most well known SA countries, mostly for your trash problem

Uh? It's the first time I heard this.

Sure there has been problems with municipal workers strikes in Montevideo but it's a minor issue.

Like not even we remember that there's Guyana and Suriname m8

They're basically Bolivia lite but not infamous enough to be hated as much.
I mean, no one ever hears anything from Paraguay. They would be Suriname-tier if their name didn't come together in a package with yours

you must live outside of montevideo it's a pretty big issue there

how is punta del este i've always wanted to visit

>isle of man
CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE

False, paraguay is not bolivia-tier

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index
>Bolivia 0.662
>Paraguay 0.679
Yeah, sure.

What matters isn't economy size, having the choice I'd go for per capita income. Costa Rica is bound to become the first developed nation in our region with Uruguay the most likely candidate for South America. Atguably yes they're more exposed but you can get as big as we did and still be threatened by an election in a neighbouring country... Superpower status in Latin America is a pipe dream and DESU a dumb fuck move, it's basically spending on something that will not provide you with either wealth or trade, we don't have enemies from outside the region and even if we did no country other than the United States has the means for an intercontinental invasion, China and Russia are on what? One aircraft carrier each? They legally cannot nuke any of us without repercussions as per the Tlatelololco treaty and there's no strategic reason they'd ever want to do so... Other than a dumb country spending on power projection capabilities its population can't afford to go have military adventures outside the continent. real smart move.

In terms of economics the only nations that will achieve power status are the Brasilians and us, they have numbers on the side but we are far more competitive.

Really our best bet as Spanish speaking America, given Brasil's position in the BRICS and their demand they be put as permanent members in the US security council, is to have the larger economies in the Lat Am region, that's YOU, Argentina and us, lead the rest into a sensible united front foreign policy. We are not quite at the point we can't quite do that yet, countries like yours and much of Central America are US hawks and while things may have changed in Argentina there's still some that are more for an internationalist developing country front, finally we are hippy pacifists on the international stage and will absolutely not change our stance. But still, united is our only chance for global relevance and responsibility.

1. You're making some good points
2. Those numbers can't be ignored

Right, I'd also choose higher per capita income any day. However, I'll add to your statement the fact that we're going to have a hard time aligning our foreign policy with Argentina's. They´re part of a different economic bloc and they have different demographics. I think Mexico is poised to surpass Brazil even though you have fewer inhabitants and that will happen because you're more competitive as you mentioned. Brazil could stand a chance only if they focused on the african market as that will be the fastest growing region outside india in the next 30 years.

whats up with colombians on int ?
you are not even remotly close to have our quality of life and you will never be ,you will never be as white as the southern cone shut your congolombian mouth

All these tastes and you choose to be salty.

and who the fuck is that? some random dude from youtube?
taking pics of comments from youtube mentioning Argentina is patetic

>Colombia

I don't know if you've read the whole thread but no one's bashing on Argentina and we're not talking about race. Get over yourself man

I love that gif

>Mexico making fun if anyone's army

Do you even have law and order there? All I can imagine about your shithole is monkeys with pole vaults trying to jump the border

>Colombia

>They would be Suriname-tier if their name didn't come together in a package with yours
lol

Also how is Africa more relevant than South America in any positive way?

Why so butthurt man? Cherrypicking is never a good thing

Seriously India, I'm trying to get my Lat Am brrothers in Brasil not to make the same mistakes as you and invest on big fucking armies while people are starving... Which reminds me, you have the gall to call others a shithole?

>Call me butthurt

>Report all my post

:^)

>india

You're not adding anything relevant to the conversation, what would you do if you were in my shoes?

AJAJAJAJAJAJJAKAJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJAJAJJAAJSJAJJAJAJAJAJAJJAAJAJAJJAJJAJAJAJAJJA

these are all so beautiful

I think we agree man, it isn't necessary that Argentina is part of the same economic bloc, although Macri is apparently warm to the idea of bringing Mercosur close to the Alianza del Pacifico, for us to agree on a joint comitee to deal with foreign policy. Maybe we could even bring Spain into this, we already coordinate strongly on G20. If we get some more countries to align we could legit take Brasil's pretensions of speaking for Latin America away and increase the negotiating power for all of us. Meanwhile the Alianza del Pacifico is the priority project, we maybe in a position to move into something like a common job market like the Eu in a decade if things work out (Peru might have to wait a bit longer) that would be the point at which the project really does take off...

Kek

Man wtf you shit on the streets you can't fucking say shit about us

I really want to believe this is just a meme

youtube.com/watch?v=mPne-q4ynts
India is a land 100% made up of memes.