Applying for american jobs

>Applying for american jobs
>for some reason american jobs always ask you about how much money you want
>used to feign ignorance and just say 'well in the UK my job opportunities are around this wage'
>tfw can't do this anymore because perfidious countrymen decided to crash the currency with no survivors

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_diaspora
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

May I interview you?

>american jobs always ask you about how much money you want
Really? Thats fucked up.

>used to feign ignorance and just say 'well in the UK my job opportunities are around this wage'

Please explain what you mean by this and how it has anything to do with what you would be paid in the US - in US Dollars.

they ask for a requested salary but unless you are a big dick heavily qualified person who knows that you have options elsewhere then you just put "negotiable"

>ask you about how much money you want
Isn't this common to UK?

Not really, it's mainly to find out who's a Jewish autist and who's a normie. Pretty much with work experience will say something along the lines of "as much as my labor deserves" or if it's online just put $5-10 beyond the usual pay. If you put anything else they know you're either inexperienced or worse an asshole

If you guess too high, they will throw out your application because they think you won't be happy with the pay.
If you guess too low, they'll gladly pay you less than market rate.
Applying for jobs here involves a fucking research project to fill out each application if you're trying to get anything that isn't minimum-wage menial work.

yeah so for the jobs I applied for in the past

I would just say 'well in the UK I'd expect X amount, I'm not sure what the US going rate is however and salary is not my main reason for applying anyway'

But now X amount has decreased by a bout 6 thousand dollars

Just say 50k if u are a Starter ;-)

Reee

That is standard procedure pretty much everywhere I thought. It sure is here at least

If you have no work experience just look up salary for junior positions for people with your degree, else just give them the figures you earned at your last job

>moving to America
Now why would you do that?

>how much money you want
You say: "How much you got?"

Here is what you do.

1. Put negotiable on the application
2. Ask what the recruiter/HR person average salary is

They will most likely tell you

>being pushovers

Even when I was completely fresh out of uni I requested the median salary, and got an even higher one

not enough true niggers in his country

Genuinely no idea why a Brit would move to the US desu outside marrying a yank.

A foreigner is not going to get a higher starting salary than a native

Probably not, because as a Brit he is used to vaction, paid vacation, paid sick leave, etc.

You negotiate your salary. What's so wrong about it? You have to do the same here. This way you filter out betas.

I know if you're in tech, the median wage is much higher here than in many Euro countries.

If you aren't getting paid vacation here, you're doing something wrong

I doubt he would come here to work at McDonalds

Why won't Brits just stay in their shitty country

Bargain

if you want a job in US, you better move to US. even Jose knows that. Theyre far less likely to give you a job opportunity/interview if youre across the ocean.

Most of the tech industry is abusing H1-B's nowadays. Competing with indians and chinks on 25k/year is hard mang.

It's way more common than you think to not get paid vacation or any vacation without getting fired. The only job I worked that had paid vacation was a manual labor unionized job, which isn't very common, especially in red states.

More Americans go to live in the UK every year than brits do to the U.S. nig

i dont care dude

t. Nigel Ramsbottom

That may have something to do with the US having 5 times the population of the UK, but what do I know

In absolute terms, there's 3 times as many Brits in the U.S. than Americans in the UK.

>Competing with indians and chinks on 25k/year is hard mang
nah, it's not. You have to be inventive. I work in this sector and more and more people notice, that quality is more important. I get 50k in € and it's okay for Germany conditions. Still we are competetive.

>It's way more common than you think to not get paid vacation or any vacation without getting fired.
80% of all private sector employees have at least 2 weeks of paid vacation, unionized or no. There's nothing stopping people from taking vacation, they just choose not to because they're sheep.

i do better and cheaper

Nearly 200k Americans are currently living in Britain. There are no official numbers of UK residents living in the U.S., but judging by state department numbers of greencards issued over the past 20 years, there are about 50-60k brits living in the U.S.

I'm going to need a source for those figures friendo

It is fucked up
It's so they can Jew and guilt you

>There are no official numbers of UK residents living in the U.S
Looks like about 678,000
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_diaspora

>5th largest immigrant group
Bongs OUT

2 weeks of leave is national average for USA with the added bonus of co-workers thinking you're lazy if you actually keep them :DD

Also this

Can't wrap my head around how Indians or Chinese are somehow "competing" for tech jobs in the USA.

No one hires them in Europe. IT and engineering businesses in Europe are almost always exclusively consisting of westerners.

2 weeks? isn't that kind of low?

Only large companies do because they're fucking jews

I'm working in a large company

>work for an uS based Corp in USA.
>found out that my salary is way below the average pay of what they have in the USA for my same position.
>they actually treat us as wages leave here and refuses to delegate management rights to us here
>tfw I'm just waiting for my appraisal in December to quit
>t-thanks America for the job I guess.

It's average here. I'm not denying Americans get less vacation, but it's not nothing.

We don't have that many monolithic companies here, so might be that

But outsourcing anything but telephone support to Indians is so absurd it would be grounds for dismissal

That doesn't include sick days

>No one hires them in Europe
Poos in America are usually more skilled than those in Europe

I'm working for AMD. It doesn't matter in this case.

Very much doubt it

Poos are poos