Can native english speakers even comprehend the concept of cases?

Can native english speakers even comprehend the concept of cases?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k7wHbxmm6CU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My language has 14 cases. I barely comprehend this.

Very sorry foreigners. We didn't make it so you'd suffer, honestly xDDD

What is kejs

what are cases

I USE UPPER CASE TO SOUND ANGRY ON THE INTERNET ALL THE TIME

id have to really study them, i had a friend try to explain them to me and it seemed pointless and needlessly complicated to me

to seriously answer your question they are quite an alien concept to us, and don't make logical sense. i understand gendered nouns and latin grammar from a logical standpoint but not case shit.

i speak german and dont understand how cases work

not likely, I'm using 7 and I can't imagine using 14 another like Fins

cases exist in english i believe, theyre just not as obvious
no idea how they work however

not likely, I'm using 7 and I can't imagine using 14 another like Fins do

i'm using none and i can't even imagine using 7

this

Try learning Mandarin, we have measure words. They're worse.

>we

They are useless but make language more flexible and give you more options.

you dont think english is a good language to express yourself in?

I fucking hate you chinks. You're American you dumb twat, not chink.

YOU ARE AMERICAN
YOU ARE AMERICAN
YOU ARE AMERICAN

This is why we had to put jap faggots in camps in WWII.

cases are useful only for determing what's the subject and what's the object because slavic languages don't have shit like determiners (well except bulgarians)

also vocative feels nice to use

here's the 101 my man!

you take a noun, then you make up your mind about what you want to say, then you twist the fucking shit out of it by adding either prefixes of suffixes mangling the noun into something alien, then you do that again and again and you arrive at a word that has the same meaning as a full blown sentence would have, but you have only used one word

or at least that's my take on it

you can express yourself much better in polish

15 Here

So...not useless?

>muh finnish cases

most of them are just so finns don't have to use locative prepositions

it's not more of a problem that distinguishing between English "in" and "into"

It is. But english sounds like made up language for office use.

I just tried saying few sentences in just 1 case and its understandable just retarded sounding

english uses cases you retard

two

>autism: the language

thats the fennomongol way
no idea how it works in german though
i can use them but i have no idea how it works
uses to have 5
german only regularly uses 3 in speech, and some dialects use only 2 i believe
of course slavshits have like 20 billion

>language for office use.
probably because for all intents and purposes thats what you use english for.

even if your spoken english is at a decent level you wont use it like i do everyday.

It's useless, you don't fucking need to change the word sister when you speak about it in different cases, that's autism beyond autism.
Here listen to some retarded music
youtube.com/watch?v=k7wHbxmm6CU

>i can use them but i have no idea how it works
i have sames with russian. i can speak using correct cases, but if someone asked me about the grammatical meaning i wouldn't know the first thing about it

7 (some have 6), not 20 billion

Latin used to have 8

I dont use english IRL at all only when talking to tourists. I play games watch streams or videos on youtube and showa .when i want to read about anything i do it in english because it has most sources.

>native English speakers can't comprehend a language without articles
>native English speakers can't imagine a language without the "to be" verb
>native English speakers can't grasp the concept of every object and creature having a gender
>mfw

im exaggerating ofc
slavs have a huge amount of cases though
doesnt really matter if you can use it really
what matters is getting your point across

>the concept of every object and creature having a gender
this is retarded though
and its the word that has a gender, not the object itself

gender is fucking irregular nonsense and you know it.

what gender is a corpse in russian huh?

A CHAIR HAS A GENDER, RUSSIA CONFIRMED FOR MENTALLY ILL LANGUAGE.

>I dont use english IRL at all only when talking to tourists

thats what i mean you dont see english as a language for living your life, you use it for purely utilitarian purposes. of course it will seem artificial to you.

>all these nincompoops ITT trying hard
>don't even use dual in their """""language"""""

>native English speakers can't imagine a language without the "to be" verb

Neither can most Slavs, when it comes to it.

Swedish got grammatical gender as well you dimwit.

Chair is obviously woman

We have several words for "a corpse":
troop - masculine
tielo - neutral

A chair is male you retard
So is a table

A chair is masculine and this is obvious to any sane human being.

i was thinking about 'тpyп'

>62223928
>comes the idiot who doesn't know anything and just shittalks
No (You) for (You)
No shitlords, the chair is a XIR get your facts right.

Its not nonsense. You need to know gender so you know how to change the word when talking about past or future.

Chair is female table is male

>rubbing your ass against a big, hard chair
Why are Russians such shameless faggots?

On the other hand "a hand" is feminine. It feels extra satisfying when you jerk off with your two girls.

So, if you sit on a chair in Germany then, you are gay since the chair is a male?

"Gender" is a really dumb name for this concept t b h. What it really is a pretty simple system of identifying phonetic quality of a word to string it harmoniously. For example, most russian words that end with '-a' sound kinda soft and smooth, so we call them "feminine" and inflect following words to play along, it has absolutely nothing to do with actual gender.

What's with anglos and their butthurt towards object genders? They are the ones who call ships "her".

La silla
clearly a femenine

>vad är neutrum
>vad är utrum
Du kanske skulle fokuserat lite mer under svenskalektionerna, Ahmed

Ships are called 'her' because they're full of seamen

I don't really care, I am just annoyed by the fact that stuff like "sister" or whatever changes depending on what you're talking about. Makes no sense per-say but it fits well within most slavic languages.

>62224215
>fortfarande har han ingen aning om vad jag snackar om eller mot dessa slaver
Hej mdongo har du läsförståelse problem eller? Ska du inte tillbaka till SFI? Juste, tack för (Du)et.

Languages without declensions sound like something you would hear either a caveman or robot speak.

>ITT : Inefficient as shit language users

For slavs, yeah.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Slavs, is in fact, Slovenes and Slavs, or as I've recently taken to calling it, masterrace and slavshits. Slavs are not an ethnic group unto itself, but merely a linguistic group made useful by based Slovenes, a vital group thanks to which Europe exists.
Many Sup Forums users mistake Slovenes for Slavs every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the Slovene group is often called "Slavs", and many of Sup Forumsolerants are not aware that it is basically the Slovenes, a Central European masterrace.
There really are Slavs, but Slovenes are no part of it. Slovenes are different, much more civilized and stuff. This is essential for you to realize. Slavs often include Slovenes, but basically it's Slavs with Slovenes added. All the so called "Kajkavian Slavs" are really Slovenes.

well, at least if this language has decliation
English sounds pretty based despite 1 case

And your country is a woman that bleeds every century.

Jag skiter fullständigt i vad du pratar om eller med vem. Det enda som spelar någon roll just nu är du har kategoriskt fel när du antyder att Svenska inte har genus.

Said a dumbass who has to use 3 different writing systems because his nation is tsundere towards China

>japanese complaining about other languages being inefficient

>62224456
>the sperg is sperging out without understanding what I am talking about or directed to the slavs about
>It's another episode of, please give me (You).
Do you guys have this problem too?

for anglos this stems from romance language influence, but tbf this phenomena is well established outside anglosphere too, boats are usually named with female names unless they are some kind of warship...

i have a theory about this, but i think it might be a bit stupid xD

>this coming from japan

In Dutch schools we spend years upon years dissecting Dutch sentences.
For the sole purpose of being able to apply it when studying foreign languages.

Slav in denial.
Declensions make your speech more understandable and save your time.
For example you can't say
"It belongs to Andrew" without "it belong" etc.
In Russian etc you can mean it just by adding an ending.

shit works tho, every Dutch whom I met had good English

English is the best example of a robotic language. If you added in the Polish TV noise, it would be perfect for a robot in a Sci-fi film.

>y-you don't u-u-undstand what I-I'm talk a-about
>h-hehe g-guys look how s-stupid he is
snälla

while slovene is pretty much a piccolo flute, just way less harsh

For half the population German and French are obligatory at school.
For about 20% Greek or Latin is also obligatory.

But without proper media to immerse yourself in it learning a language never really takes off.

Dear englishmen. Get rid of articles. Do it. They're dumb as heck. Don't you see the absolute absurdity of using the same three tiny words in every sentence? It's insane. If I want to point out something specific badly enough, I'll say 'this/that'.

You can say "it's Andrew's" though.

Han har absolut rätt favä, och du måste vara autistisk eller nåt linkande om du faktiskt tror svenska har inte genus.

true that, which kinda question sense of learning ancient greek and latin probably

Get on Hungary's level.

Det är inte det jag snackar om era jävla puckon. Jag snackar om en helt annan grej som är endast relaterad till det slaviska språkgruppen och dunder autister som du och den andra bråkar om inget.

How else are you going to read classical literature? :^)

maybe when they took Latin in secondary school

Kuga s mә glih kәr reku, ti kurba mәjhna? Jest tә puvem, de sәm zvežban holcar pa de sәm biu že doskat zravәn, k sej kramper pubirou; saj 300 gajb ga mam že nabranga. Drva znam cepәt z eno roko, traktor uhkә pa u miže furam. Tuko tem žvajznu, de teu du Buhina pa nazaj udnesvә, vrjem mә. K to pišem, že brusәm skiro pa vežem štrәk. Mrtu s ti, toja držina, usә toj prjatlә, pa še ceu toj rod za sto generacij nazaj. Ščijem po grobovәh tojga roda, ungavәm tә use babe u držin pa use drva tәm ud bajte udnesu. Suvata nәjt u cvet pride pa mlek nәj set skisa. Ti nis nәč u primerjau z mano. Upam, de vәm vәs pәrdelk preč pride, pa usa žvina crkne. Dep te kura bәcniva pa pәs puscau. Vem ke žviš pa vem, ke mate kluče ud bajte skrite. Merkej se, k bom zj hmau pršu. Frderbou tem preh, kokr uhkә Očenәš zmolәš.

God speaks Upper Carniolan.

>om du faktiskt tror svenska har inte genus
Läs om, läs rätt

right, that thing still exists

Why did Latin go out of vogue? It was a perfect language, with logical alphabet, incredibly melodic, with just the right amount of complexity and structure without going full autismo like greeks or asians. How did something so amazing just dissappear?

Du snackar om att en stol har ett kön. Det är genus om du nu inte bokstavligen menade att stolar i Ryssland har ett könsorgan.

It didn't really just vanquish, look at it's offspring languages...

Dothrakis happened and then all was gone

cases are for snow-spics and niggers anyway

>62225153
>he still goes on about it to prove something when he didn't even understand the main question and topic of it
Why won't he stop with his crazy crusade

Mdongo du hör hemma i >>>/sverigetråden/

>få sånt här autismutbrott istället för att bara svara

>Swedes unironically consistently use those weird symbols on their letters

speaking of which, why u ppl have none? almost everyone has some