Do Hungarian and Finn Sup Forums anons feel weird/foreigners for speaking non indoeuropean languages?

Do Hungarian and Finn Sup Forums anons feel weird/foreigners for speaking non indoeuropean languages?

Other urls found in this thread:

hs.fi/kulttuuri/a1468554065084
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

couldn't care less to be honest

You can't praise tengri while speaking an indo-european language so they should feel blessed

ok
i asked this because int is mostly a linguistics board and thought it could have affected you.

Cute af

It's not like you care about the language family when you're speaking the langauge.

English feels closer to French than to German, even though they're both Germanic.

both germanic and romance are indoeuropean
Greek is alone and slovenian is slavic but still we are both together in indoeuropean.I feel this unity.

hungarian and finnish are not with us

Yeah 35% of the English vocabulary consists of French words but it still sounds closer to German

>sounds closer to German

no

I don't feel weird. Not that that is a prerequisite for acknowledging the fact that we have little in common with Indo-Europeans.

You don't have much in common with Hungarians desu

Maybe with Estonians

Yes, it does for a foreigner

>English feels closer to French than to German,
It just looks similar at first glance because a lot of the words are similar/the same, the grammar is actually pretty different. English also sounds more like German than French.

you are the weird not us

i think you confuse german with another language. english sounds rather smooth while german is considered harsh

Well, that's pretty subjective, isn't it? I speak both French and German.

I never said we did.

I guess it is subjective, but English and German share more sounds than English and French. English and German are also both stress-timed languages, whereas French is syllable-timed, so English and German have a more similar "flow" than English and German (which I guess is why French people often mess up the stress when they speak English).

>language evolves from some pooinloo tribes and not from god tier ancient sumerian

Finnish still has common words from sumerian and cases are like they are nowadays.

>tfw Parpola managed to publish his book before he died
hs.fi/kulttuuri/a1468554065084
WE

the grammatical logic is similar. They are both agglutinating and use a conjugation system for most purposes instead of inflexion or word order.

Maybe it's because I first learnt German and then French. I don't know why is that.

You have solid linguistic arguments.

WUZ

>English and German share more sounds than English and French.

i suggest to revise the phonologies of all three languages. french and english phonologies are almost identical, except some minor differences regarding vowel system. german works quite differently, even though we share the same roots and morphology stuff.

PROGENITORS OF CIVILIZATION

>french and english phonologies are almost identical, except some minor differences regarding vowel system. german works quite differently, even though we share the same roots and morphology stuff.
This isn't true at all though. French has quite a few sounds that English lacks (and vice-versa), and the stress and enunciation is very different between the two languages. What makes you make such claims?

Not at all. I speak English since age 7 though and half the time I'm thinking in English in my head. Also I think most Hungarians are not really aware of the fact that our language is not Indo-European.

It definitely does if you don't speak either.

>half the time I'm thinking in English in my head
What the fuck, man
You have been BURGERED

>Normies
>Knowing what IE is

Maybe not half. But the overwhelming majority of any thought-provoking input I get is in English. It's just natural I guess.

>linguistics board
lol

Second one looks like Spede tb.h