Do you lift in your country?

Do people in general lift in your country?

Canada
Yes
Not so much

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RRn62qS4B8A
youtube.com/watch?v=1AteYYnuUDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nope
Quite a few, yes

>Do you lift in your country?
Just started
>Do people in general lift in your country?
Yup, gym culture in general is kinda big 2bh

Why don't you lift exactly?

started my first cycle desu

No, lifting is for manlets

what u takin famm?

t. Lanket

Tried a few times, but I have no drive or real passion for it. Having been obese in the past has left me way too satisfied actually being at a healthy weight now.

You should start again and actually follow a proper routine and diet

Why do you have a picture of a topless man? queer

There's nothing wrong with liking men

Why are most /fit/ people either gay or in the closet?

Why are skinnyfat dyels so insecure about their sexuality that even looking at a half naked man makes them question if they're gay or not?

Yes
No

I'm not sure why you seem to assume that I didn't. It's not always desired even when done correctly.

Right now I'd just prefer to focus on other things in my life, particularly my studies this summer.

yes
90% of my friends (including females) lift or/and do some type of sport

No
It's a generation thing here, I'm 26 and about half of my friends lift, half don't. The new generation coming up now are all obsessed with fitness, most of them are straight edge, where my generation was more hedonistic and about getting drunk and doing drugs

Love that webm, his videos are motivating as fuck

>90% of my friends (including females) lift or/and do some type of sport
Why is it so popular in those countries m8, p nice.

I used too, I'm suffering from costochondritis right now as a result of overexercising so I had to stop.
Kinda, girls here are materialistic bitches and won't even talk to you if you don't look somewhat fit or have money

why not both

>Why is it so popular in those countries
that's why I said it's popular in my circle of friends and people I hang out

>that's why I said it's popular in my circle of friends and people I hang out

Oh I know that's what you said but pretty much every Serb/Croat/etc that I've met has said the same thing for some reason.

jelly af

>why not both
> me personally: I have always been workfit enough to not embarrass myself from the jobs I've had, I have a good looking face and a pretty funny personality that I have always felt confident enough to do alright without lifting
> new generation: our generation was infamous for getting blackout drunk and punching people to death, we kinda ruined it for everyone. The boomers used to drink a lot but never seemed to have the problems we have, maybe it's a social media and 24 hour news thing, or maybe they were just better at moderation. On the radio I heard interviews with a whole bunch of 15-17 year olds who were saying that stealing your parents' booze and getting drunk in a park (what we used to do every weekend) is now viewed and really trashy and gross

No

Do people in general lift in your country?
Yes, gyms are taking over the streets of this country. Seems people are getting even more obsessed with get a body in good shape... Honestly, we all know the final objective is just to increase the chances to get laid.

Why don't you lift m8, your countrymen have the right idea

Yes
Not so much

>Not so much
Nigger everyone lifts

>Nigger everyone lifts

Lol wat? I can probably count a handful of people at my gym who have well-rounded physiques or even look like they've followed a consistent routine with diet and proper form for a year or longer

I'm lifting, re-started recently, but I'm kind of doing whatever I want and I don't know how the fuck diets work. I got a pal there who kind of guides me but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know much either.

I'm pretty weak and skinny to make it worst, gonna need five years to get fit.

You expect way too much, what other country except maybe Iceland would have more people lifting than here? The culture originated from the States and is the biggest over there, here and probably Australia/NZ. Other than that I can't think of a country where lifting is more widespread.

wouldn't really agree m8

What part of Canada do you live in? I'm from the GTA and it's really not that popular, mostly curlbros if they do lift.

I've probably seen a 100kg+ squat to depth by 5 different people thus far at two gyms I've been to. Granted they're obviously not PL gyms tho

what a retard kek
>half repping 8 pl8s
>steroids will help with joint damage

>do you lift
No, I just stay in shape
>do others
Yes, fitness has become extremely popular here

DYEL confirmed

>half repping
Ever heard of box squats you fucking retard?

>will help with joint damage
Pete pulls over 800lbs and is an elite powerlifter. It's been like 3 years the video that webm is from and he's still alive and kicking.

Steroids DO strongly help. He's had numerous serious injuries and recovered quickly

video related:

His 805x5 deadlift from a week ago. Seems he isn't dead from his "horrible form" yet m8

>100kg squat
>impressive
Are you in high school, perchance?

I didn't say it was impressive. I said that's how low the bar is that I've seen EVEN an 100kg+ squat to depth a small handful of times at my gym.

And the people who do squat significantly more than that I'm friends with at my gym

is there any point to this? is he winning competitions or just autistic

>is he winning competitions or just autistic

He is an elite competitive powerlifter

Here's him at a meet 4 months ago:
youtube.com/watch?v=1AteYYnuUDA

He has over a 1900 total

I live in the gta too m8. I'm not saying literally everyone's doing it but I couldn't name more than a handful of countries where lifting is more popular than here. I'd say every class from high school or college I've been in had at least two guys regularly going to the gym following a routine and diet. Europe doesn't even come close to that especially since most people outside the anglosphere are major soccerboos and usually pretty skinny.

>The new generation coming up now are all obsessed with fitness, most of them are straight edge
This is good news.

This

Recreational drugs are for faggots

i guess m8. I don't really have wide enough experience with other countries to be able to make such a conclusion though

>Me
Naw
>My country
The fuck should I know?

I train upperbody only, my legs are toned enough from cycling and I hate doing legs day anyway.

Not to mention I train at home.

>tfw no muscular brazilian mulatto to lift me as a training

Pic related is me. 5 min ago.

I just started a few days ago. How long will it take obv. with a good diet and gym 3 times a week when I start to look good and not like a chubby, untrained bag anymore?

>189cm / 6'2" and 102 kg.

T-tips are nice if you have any as well senpais

I want to make it.

>ow long will it take obv. with a good diet and gym 3 times a week when I start to look good and not like a chubby, untrained bag anymore?

1-2 years if you actually stay focused and don't give up or start slacking

>T-tips are nice if you have any as well senpais

Stick to your diet and routine and you'll make good gains. Do starting strength with added auxiliaries. Cut until you stop looking like an estrogen-filled trap and then start slowly bulking with a 300 calorie surplus.

Cut until you start seeing abs

Will take note on that. Thank you!

Go to /fit/ and read the sticky btw if you haven't

If you don't know how to do a lift take a video and post it on /fit/ and people will help you

No
The hype for lifting has died down and only Chads or wannabe Chads(latter is more often) do
Don't see any reason to lift in 2016 to te tbqh, I'm perfectly fine with my twink body

Flag
Not at the moment, but I have been and will most likely start again soon
Depends a bit on where in the country you are

>my twink body

Yes

Nope. Not even with all the gym culture coming from here. Seems to fluctuate like the seasons.

Though I live in Michigan, so my opinion is skewed. Started getting into strongman myself and apparently the scene is growing here.

Alan thrall?

Look at cute piggie btw :3

I wonder what they're feeling being carried around

If you mean the guy in my pic, he is Vytautas Lalas who is a strongman from Lithuania. He's 5' 9" and a monster of a manlet lol.

The same disgruntled joy of being fried in a pan.

No, for some reason I imagine strongmen as looking like alan thrall from youtube now. It's engrained in me

Btw those piggies look like they're having fun

Been lifting for 2 and half years now. Gym culture isn't that big here due to large influx of third world faggots and American-Jew feminism influence. But those who lift are either fat betas who thinks spending an hour in the gym magically makes you beefy or normal people who actually lifts right.

I lifted for a year and then got bored and started playing video games for 10+ hours a day.
I still do cardio but can't be bothered going to the gym.
Lots of people lift here tho

most animals don't like being picked up unless they're trained for it, they're probably just sweating it out until the dude puts it down, maybe thrash about if they get too upset
t. animal lab guy

Opposite here. Went from videogames all day to deleting them all and getting a life

Why? isn't it fun to be carried around? They look happy

Also I never knew grown pigs were 500lbs+ each! I thought theyd be lighter

>and getting a life
you must have been pretty normie to begin with

I was overweight, lacked social skills and didn't have many hobbies aside from videogames - to be more exact I didn't have a single other interest .

Quitting videogames freed up tons of time, I found a job and then started going to the gym. And it all went from there. It's only hard to start desu, once you fall into a routine it's really easy.

mirin those delts and traps
id wager maybe 10-20% of people 18-25 in my area step foot in a gym once or more per week

Dat dere celltech

Pakistan
Yes
No, people don't lift at all, most can only lift their hand to their mouth.

people in my cunt prefer to do tennis (hurr durr federer), football, ice hockey, and other. I used to lift but it's a culture i don't like

Just about every Arab and Poo in Loo I've ever met has shown me pictures on their phone of back when they used to lift....

There are some city faggots who do it. I only lift bricks, logs etc.

No
No

Lifting isn't cool, it only makes you a faggot.

Yes.
Yes, and it's becoming a national obsession. Raising a culture of narcissistic cunts, and I kinda like it, tbqh.

VK is full of fit-looking Russians, you people are hot as fuck.

Top kek, get in a gym fatass

There's a reason you have an obesity epidemic