Europeans of Sup Forums, tell me about the Visigoths. Who were they? Where did they come from...

Europeans of Sup Forums, tell me about the Visigoths. Who were they? Where did they come from? Did they affected your country, culture? How did they affect your country in the long run?

Other urls found in this thread:

sheppardsoftware.com/Europeweb/factfile/Unique-facts-Europe2.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they were germanics

i want to know who named that piece of land europe

because in romans times that term didnt exist

i bet it was germanics so they can claim roman and greeks civilization as theirs

germanics are pathetic

they ruled us some time

i think they affected nothing. some cathedrals are theirs I think.

>i think they affected nothing
what are those pale skinned people and blonde people in iberia then?

When alaric sacked rome ye expelled all the original black romans. Every since theyve tried sayin the romans was white. Marc antonys was black

celtic heritage?
celts even almost assimilated iberians

also in the reconquista we got a massive amount of french people from lemousin, languedoc, and these areas.

goths were like 0.000001% of total population. they just ruled.

Could be Greek, or have semetic origins.

sheppardsoftware.com/Europeweb/factfile/Unique-facts-Europe2.htm

Gothic architecture. Germanic surnames, Germanic features and traits on some of the population.

no
what are you talking about?

la sangre de los visigodos corre por mis veinas

>goths were like 0.000001% of total population. they just ruled.
They were at one point 10% of the pop in a coastal Galician region

it was an exaggeration but they were a tiny minority

also: I thought they didn't reach galicia. they were suevans (or whatever is called in english)

i might be wrong. they don't teach us very deeply these things.

>I thought they didn't reach galicia.
The Schwaben were large in their numbers and ended up making Galicia and part of the Asturias, Leon and north Portugal their final home. And then we still had some more Visigoths

Most of our rural tradition actually comes from them and not the celts, apart from meme things like bagpipes

t.

Why do you come asking a question like that here? No one knows, and the people that pretend they do are often motivated by hate and anger like the Dominican.

Everything I said is true, meme all you want.

The name Europe comes from the Latin Europa, which in turn derives from the Greek Εὐρώπη, from εὐρύς eurys "wide" and ὤψ ops "face"[12] (PIE *wer-, "broad" *okw-, "eye"). In Greek mythology Europa was the beautiful daughter of a Phoenician king named Agenor, or Phoenix. As Zeus saw her, he transformed himself into a gentle white bull and approached her and her playing friends. She climbed onto the bull's back and it began to swim off to Crete, where she fell in love with the then-changed-back Zeus and had three sons with him (Minos, Rhadamanthus and Sarpedon, the first two of which constitute, together with Aeacus, the three judges of the underworld).

A less likely possibility proposed by Ernest Klein is that it derives from the ancient Sumerian and Semitic root "Ereb", which carries the meaning of "darkness" or "descent", a reference to the region's western location in relation to Mesopotamia, the Levantine Coast, Anatolia, and the Bosporus. Thus the term would have meant the 'land of the setting of the Sun' or, more generically, 'Western land'.

Greeks had sometimes used the term Europe, only for the area inhabited by them, roughly corresponding, in modern terms, to the region between former Yugoslavia in the North and Turkey in the South.[13] Through the centuries however, it came to denote the whole land mass which is called "Europe" today.

they were germanics

its fucking obvious
see
many people in your lands are just germanics

Why europe is named europe, and you know that the iberian peninsula is basically just a cesspool of rape babies. celts, germanics, berbers, arabs, slavs, greeks

>many people in your lands are just germanics
I wouldn't really say this is the case for either country.

thanks

so you think those pale skinned people and people with blonde hear are celts?
they are germanic

they just adopted portuguese or other romance language

it happened in italy, its what savage people with inferior language and culture do

>so you think those pale skinned people and people with blonde hear are celts?
Exactly. The palest people on Earth are the Irish and they're not germanic. Pale skin was born with interactions between humans of WHG and EEF clades, so wherever there is a mix of them pale skin can be naturally occurring.

i remember ivate weed brownies and watched a documentary on the dark ages like 2 years ago, and even since then ive been into countries, politics, ethnicities, economic stats of countries, historical figures.

whenever i learn about someeone i always look up where they are from. it even made me get into soccer. i'll go on wikipedia and look at the team rosters just to see what countries their players are from.

i'll be at work and just read wikipedia articles about which companies make the most money read about their CEOs or the heads of state of different countries.

everyone thinks im some autistic sperg because i always talk about race and different countries, but its just what interests me.

does anyone else feel like this?

>. The palest people on Earth are the Irish and they're not germanic
how do you know?
there are many celts that are tanned with dark hair

like brittania natives

germanics tribes could have traveled and adopt celt language

they are the only reason why not all iberians look like moors

>how do you know?
Because science and genetic studies and shit.

A mix of individuals with WHG and EEF ancestry has the potential to produce anything from very dark to very light features, provided there is the pressure to select for them.

This is why europeans look so different from one another, and from country to country, while we pretty much behave, act and think the same and cluster very near each other. There was pressure to select for different -possible- phenotypes, much more than for different mental traits.

The Vandals are more interesting.

they dont like arab you stupid pig

and that is one of the reasons why you have to be exterminated, your ignorace is disgusting

This is false

>This is why europeans look so different from one another
i dont know why but this sound very stupid

its like you want to say you are all the same

>while we pretty much behave, act and think the same and cluster very near each other.
well you have to as you people use everything from romans and greeks

>i dont know why but this sound very stupid
It's backed up by science which is all that matters. It's actually pretty intuitive.

>its like you want to say you are all the same
Stop put words in my mouth please, I said what I said, no more, no less.

>well you have to as you people use everything from romans and greeks
This doesn't make sense, using something from Rome can't make me genetically Roman

>using something from Rome can't make me genetically Roman
im not saying that

you say you and all those people in that land think and act the same and i said its because you people are using everything from romans and greeks so of course you must think and act the same

i was just meming, friend
iberians are europeans and white

>you say you and all those people in that land think and act the same and i said its because you people are using everything from romans and greeks so of course you must think and act the same
It doesn't follow. My thought pattern can not change simply because I live in a country that uses Roman Law instead of Anglo Law.

And I hope you realize we're all heirs to the Roman Empire.

I'm not saying we're white or brown, all I'm saying is that we could look white even without germanic input

>all I'm saying is that we could look white even without germanic input
but white is term created for germanics and their features

iberians were and are still very different from germanic

im talking about pure iberians, not the germanics mixes
>Anglo Law.
and anglo law comes from?...
see
that is what im talking about

swampniggers

basically niggers