Hey, spics of Sup Forums

Hey, spics of Sup Forums,

What country makes the best tamales?

This looks like indian bullshit, so i guess Peru.

my grandma

The Elves

Mexico

My abuela makes the best chicken tamales, and the best champurrado.

We make good humitas.

The United States of course.

los estados unidos aaaaaaaaaajasjaasasassasajk

>wrapping tamales in cornhusks

I've only tried colombian and venezuelan tamales. Both are good. I know for a fact mexican tqmales are well known but I haven't tried them yet

Mexico.

Spain, it's traditional spanish dish after all

humitas
u
m
i
t
a
s

>legal

What the fuck is that? Is that pamonha?

>tamal
>Spanish

That's a nuhatl word you fucking retarded gallego

Only norteños do that shit.

Yeah, but it's also better.

now, let's see the map with illegals country of origin.

My mom makes the best tamales, period.

Underrated

New Zealand

Hey, chinks of Sup Forums,

What country makes the best zongzi?

Chinese Columbia or San Franchinco

Arizona has the best tamales

What the fuck is this shit?

Michoacán esé.

We also serve the best Guacamole.

It's called pamonha here.

my tia makes the best tamales and the best barbacoa

Para ya.

no, MY tia makes the best babracoa and tamales

Can't tell you, cause food is always dependant of your personal preference. But the Philippines has also it's own type of tamales and it's imo delicious. Try it out if you ever have the chance.

Hansi, how the fuck do you about tamales?

suman

Perú

Is that what hispanics call pamonha?

What the fuck is that shit supposed to be? That ain't a tamal, could be an envuelto de mazorca or even cheese.
Proper tamales look like this.

I think there is a verb missing in your sentence. If it's "know" then the answer is that I was born in the Philippines.

top kek

are you aware every country has its own version? dude, you can even find different kinds of tamal throughout this country.

Oaxaca has the best of pretty much any latino food.

>implying this blasphemy can be considered a tamal

Its propably just more mexicans.

What the fuck is that mess? What's it look like on the inside? Pic related is a tamale.

tamal hipsters baka

On the inside, it looks exactly like the one in your picture, it's just that is bigger.

Inside looks kinda like this.
Nah man, that shit's not a tamal, that looks like an envuelto de mazorca.
Tamales are supposed to have rice meat and shit, that looks like a plain mass of jelly.

Probably.

>barbacoa

you've never been out of the country, am i rite?

bad taste confirmed

>mexican "tamales"

flip tamal

Jesus fuck.

Is that...spam? gross
mexicans confirmed best

it's probably ham

>flip "tamale"
looks like a blobfish
worst mestizo

My family

Because non of you dumb chinks fill it worth fucking shit

What makes a tamal a tamal? They seem to be so different from place to place. Is it just any steamed(?) dish you could fit in a leaf?

I know I'll probably end up looking up the Wikipedia page, but I thought maybe you guys had some expert nawlidge. Never had one, but I hear good things. We don't have a lot of Latin American food where I'm from.

Question for /lat/ , who has best horchata?

>rice and shit
>Colombian """tamale"""

>"A tamale (tamal in Spanish, tamalli in Nahuatl[1]) is a traditional Mesoamerican dish made of masa (a starchy dough, usually corn-based), which is steamed in a corn husk or banana leaf. The wrapping is discarded before eating. Tamales can be filled with meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, chilies or any preparation according to taste, and both the filling and the cooking liquid may be seasoned."

Masa and the wrap are the most important parts of a real tamale.

tastes horrible too

Mexico. Everybody else just ripped them off and made their own shittier versions, like they do with everything else.

El Salvador.

The pic in OP is an Ayaca you swine

Hallaca*
FTFY

I swear everyone spells it like that, is this one of those alternate universe cases where suddenly shit isn't written how I always thought it did

>This

Mexicans and Central Americans, we are "the sons of maize".

Its like chinese and rice.

the other countries of the south are fags without their own cereal.

I thought this is a Flip only food.

Poor singapore, you are so wrong. They stole it and ruined it and are the worst mestizo

sabe pa

Being ignorant doesn't mean other countries don't have their own grains and cereals

méxico duh

tamales are overrated anyway

You've literally never had good ones you baka, flip food is a shit (besides adobo)

Our natives didn't have a grain, but they had manioc.

The fuck is a tamale

It's called "Blue Draws/Drawers" and they're pretty delicious

do you put ganja in it mon?

Pleb

The original ones. Tamales originated in Mesoamerica as early as 8000 to 5000 BC. Aztec and Maya civilizations, as well as the Olmeca and Tolteca before them, used tamales as portable food, often to support their armies, but also for hunters and travelers.

only a little tho

Hallacas are the best. Tamale eating "people" will have to fight for second place.

We do too and I'm in Michoacán, granted we also eat banana leaf wrapped tamales.

>poor man's empanada
>first place
You're not convincing anyone

u fockin wat? If anything empanadas are more suited to poor people because they're easier and cheaper to make. Hallacas are refined and superior.

>hallacas are refined and superior.
El VenezolANO

bro desu venezuelan hallacas and colombian tamales are the same shit. They're just different in size and form, but the filling is quite similar

Venezuelan food is the greatest cuisine in the world.

I can't come up with an argument. venezuelan cuisine is great and really underrated

Ya I imagine our food is pretty similar

Maybe, when they can actually eat it.

>People up north eat some food cooked inside leaves

Hunger is the best sauce. Therefore, Venezuelan food is always seasoned to perfection.

awww thank you parce, i love you too