Tfw your country removed public transportation so people would go out and buy a car

>tfw your country removed public transportation so people would go out and buy a car

JUST

USA SUCKS
S
A

S
U
C
K
S

I understand that feeling

This whole city was planned, late 40's up until today really, to be a Car City. Only walkable parts are from before then.

I think we've had and still have one of the highest ownership rates of Automobiles in North America

We have a Historic Streetcar that runs across the bridge over the river like it used to back in the day and it's a fun ride for a fair price, I like to go in the summer. Run by a great local group.

The buses here suck though, I can't wait until the LRT is expanded to my area. I do want to get a License though, regret not getting it sooner.

What city is that?

Edmonton.

Please don't be mean

>tfw driving scares me

You're not really in a position to be casting aspersions, Argie. FYI it was GM that did that, not the people or government.

The GM Conspiracy is a myth, it literally was the fault of the people/government.

I had the willies the first time I drove to the Autobahn. Drove 170kmh, just do it man the fear goes away pretty fast.

that bike on the bumper of that bus.
you know that your gov is moved by lobbies?

highways are easy, city traffic, narrow roads and parking are nightmares for me

Yes, hence why I blamed the government in my post.

What's the matter with a Bike on the bumper of a Bus? As I said earlier, this city was designed with Cars in mind so biking everywhere is impractical, a Bike+Bus combo is one of the better alternatives.

I know that feel. I don't even like being a passenger in a car when it's going fast.

I've just never seen that. You ask the bus driver to let him hang your bike on the bumper?

>so niggers wouldnt be able to move around
Fixed

Meme City's about to replace a busway with a dedicated trambus so there's an extra 10+ minutes on your commute when you need to switch with the bus that got you there. Honestly I reckon it's a disaster in the making.

>you know that your gov is moved by lobbies?
Is their one that isn't?

based Cuba and evil Korea.

I'd say the Communist Party is a pretty big fucking lobby.

Yeah, if you don't know how he'll come help you out too. Most people do though.

>tfw your city has iconic public transportation

daily reminder that streetcars running in mixed traffic are more or less identical to buses in function and people only like them for aesthetic reasons

We used to have something called Trolleybuses here. Literally a fucking bus with a bunch of overhead wires and were half diesel half electric. But they just didn't make sense so we got rid of them a while back.

buses are noisy, usually diesel powered and break often

there's at least one route like that in Northeast Philly, always thought it was pointless

at least most of our trolleys run underground in center city so they function more like an actual subway there

Except for the higher capacity, the cleaner operation, the improved acceleration, the quieter motor and the fact that people are more likely to ride them (possibly due to the aesthetic appreciation).

Electric buses are quieter, accelerate faster and are ideal for cities with steep, hilly roads.
We scrapped our system a few months before the 1973 oil crisis.

>hating on trams
a bit gay that

t. errone

you're not in a position to tell me anything, my government don't do such shit

yours is too busy getting you distracted and riled up over some rocks that never belonged to you

not even a milanESE but dude

This is the brice of freedom. God bless (and buy f150)

The whole US population and Canada to some degree is fucking cucked by the huge companies and will believe whatever they say and ardently hold on to that belief. It doesn't really get much more cucked than that. They're getting fucked by these companies and love it too.
Point in case: gun laws, healthcare, this, etc.
In all cases you have some huge industry backing that belief up yet idiots will actually think they benefit from "freedom" or some other brainwashed bs

get in the times newbie, that was the last government

The 'za there is pretty great too

IT ENDS HERE

Seattle still has them.

Chicago, I assume?

Here most people would like stuff like the trains to be brought back into public ownership but it probably won't happen.