>Now "Sushi is good taste and healthy!"

Why did they change their attitude?

Hollywood, FĂ©minisme and the jews.

Literally no one has ever said that raw cured fish is disgusting

>sushi
>barbaric
????

Clever marketing.
See also: lobster, which 150 years ago used to be cheap subsistence food given to servants

Who is they?

why is changing attitudes so mysterious

>raw cured fish is disgusting

lmao

Now who's the uncultured pleb huh?

I dont like it

Raw fish is eaten in lots of European countries when was it ever barbaric

To be fair trhe lobster served 150 years ago wasn't the claws and good bits, they'd just grind those fuckers up wholesale and slop out everything guts and shell to prisoners.

>the claws and good bits
What? The whole lobster is delicious, except for the gills.

This

But sushi is the food of the samurai, and the Jews fear the samurai

Perhaps our changing attitudes towards Japan as a whole is a part of it. The generation that fought and lived through WW2 and thus hated Japan is dying out and being replaced by a generation without such animosity.

anime

Grind up the shell and eat that picking bits out of a vague colored boiled slop

This desu. Obviously the shell is inedible, and the guts, while not completely emetic, isn't necessarily the choicest part of the lobster.

But then again, not eating the shell with the rest of the lobster doesn't exactly sound like a big innovation.

sushi is like a lot of ethnic foods it just gets spread by the middle class

has nothing to do with japan

Of course, but I've read that Japanophobia throughout most of the second half of the 20th century didn't help sushi much.

Clever Japanese sushi chefs popularized cooked crab rolls in LA. Amerifats were scared of seaweed so they put the rice on the outside.
Once Americans got addicted the raw fish was introduced.

Not sure how it was for the rest of the world though.

Lmao
Only on Sup Forums can Jews get blamed even for sushi

150 years ago US lobster averaged over 30 lbs, wasn't tender (hence nasty lobster soup), and tasted like mud.

Small (5lb) lobster are tasty, big ones are not.

Was japanophobia really such a big thing, specially after so many GIs got stationed there during the 50s?

The GIs even brought some japanese vocabulary to English, like skosh.

>Not sure how it was for the rest of the world though.
If Americans like a thing, then other countries follow b/c of Hollywood influence and shit

I hate fish so it will always be disgusting to me

>lives near water
>hates fish

My condolences

I don't know, sushi became popular here when we started getting more chinese (yes, chinese) immigrants. Now it's trendy amongst hipsters because you often eat it in buffets or other cheap places without the stigma of fast food. Even white people makes sushi.

>feminism

Explain.

plenty of chinese make it here too

it's not news

I know a Spanish guy who hates sea food :0

Literally the only movies where I've seen someone eating sushi (that I can remember) are Wasabi and Johny English, none of them american.

Dunno, I expected some pseudo-intelectual writing >chinese if I didn't clarify.

I hate most fish too and I love sushi. Raw fish doesn't taste like cooked fish at all.

I've heard the largest american sushi chain is owned by a south korean

Well mb I should have clarified that American pop culture in general just not only Hollywood influence other countries

because of 3 things we did
1.- changing the fish for beef or chicken
2.-mandatory cream cheese and guac in every roll (we only do rolls)
3.- deep frying it
now sushi is edible, yw

>changing the fish for beef or chicken
wow

and sprinkle bacon over melted cheese, I know, I know, your wlecome too

Truly the second coming of the americans, mexicans are disgusting.

I would try it

disgusting beacuse we like meat?
you argies are always talking about your "asado" and what not

looks pretty decent, would be creamy and savory with non-parasite ridden meat

Fish and chips cried

Disgusting desu, I hate seeing garbage like this at sushi places

Because it became trendy and hip.

Sushi is perhaps the most overrated food in the history of mankind, and I can't fucking wait until sushi becomes a thing of the past due to all the mercury and cesium polluting our oceans.

>B-b-but you've never had sushi in Nippon, nigger. That shit in America they call "sushi" pales in comparison to the works of art made by Jirou-sama's divine hands.

I don't give a flying slice of fuck if Master Jirou can make the most unbelievable piece of sushi that literally melts in your mouth. It's not the sushi that is amazing, it's all the fucking skill, preparation and attention that goes into his sushi that makes it amazing. If Jirou made fucking boiled potato with as much attention and care that he puts into his sushi, then he would probably make boiled potato the most delicious morsel of food in existence.

Deal with it. Sushi is mediocre.

clever flog

>fish
pic related, literally

uk as well :(
kimuchi jew

>it's all the fucking skill, preparation and attention
and high-priced ingredients.

fuck i wanna eat sushi now but i'm a begger

oh fuck this looks good
muh stomachdick

if you're a begger then how are you on the internet

I always liked sushi t.b.h.

Raw fish is safer than raw beef or poultry, but you can still get parasites from it. I'd just assume lightly cook it to be sure everything inside is dead.

I dislike the avocado, mayonnaise, tinned-tuna, chicken, beef, etc. stuff that they try to sell as sushi here. I suppose marketers imagine Australians to be philistines and tendie-tasters as the Americans are. Americans ruin everything (though the Chinese and Koreans who run the sushi shops certainly don't help).

To be fair, if we are to compare sashimi to sushi with fish, I prefer sashimi. And, come to think of it, I rather like horse, beef and chicken sashimi, too. Raw meat in general is tasty and pleasant. Steak tartare, which has, after all, been quite popular for some time, is very nice. Was sushi ever considered barbaric or disgusting in the West?

Also, I couldn't care less about about whether or not it's "healthy". Obviously nobody wants to eat poison, but this idea that the key reason to prefer one distinct food over another is its effect on health must go away for good.

>Raw meat in general is tasty and pleasant. Steak tartare, which has, after all, been quite popular for some time, is very nice.
Have your doctor prescribe an antiparasitic and film the spaghetti that comes out of your butthole.

I hope you die in a taco fire

You are unlikely to get parasites unless the food is prepared improperly or your immune system is weak.

Lobsters are filter feeders bro, shouldn't eat their digestive tract because they're liable to be full of disgusting bullshit that they filter out of the shit, literal shit, that they eat.

Our shitty fish > your shit fish
Fact.

I'm honestly worried desu. I'm seeing more and more weebs at my office for the past three years. They're everywhere.

This is probably very good food but it isn't sushi.