youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo
steen.free.fr/cyrpol/index.html
slavorum.org/forum/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Hungarian_alphabet
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nice flag lmao you fucking faggogt

>tones

pleb

Yes, there's nothing more disgusting than the birthing process.

>excess pronouns

Well, my language doesn't have much conjugation, and i use it just fine.

tu eres puto
vos sos puto
nosotros somos putos
vosotros sois putos
ellos son putos
OP es puto

there

salut ping-pong, comment va ?

at least be glad it's all pretty simple now

some languages have cases plus conjugations

Reporté pour cyber-brimade.

>no gendered nouns
>still uses "she"

>no animate vs. inanimate nouns
>still uses "it"
Eh.

tbf, since English is an Indo-European language and descended from languages that did have genders, it's kinda hard for a language with genders to drop genders where they're actually biologically useful, which is why they're present in pronouns but not in other nouns.

Well, Vietnamese pronouns aren't "excessive" either by this logic.

Also, one can argue the only relevant pronoun in Viet is tôi (first person singular), since all the others can be replaced by the noun (this isn't possible in English)

I'm not the one who said they were excessive, I was just trying to explain why English has genders with pronouns and not with nouns.
>(this isn't possible in English)
What do you mean? All pronouns can theoretically be replaced a noun if we know enough context.

>What do you mean? All pronouns can theoretically be replaced a noun if we know enough context.
Not necessarily. This is easy to demonstrate with "you":

>John^1, you^2 ate an apple, right?
Here, 1 = 2; the person being asked is the same person who ate the apple.

>John^1, John^2 ate an apple, right?
Here, 1 is NOT 2. It implies two people with the same name (for example John Smith and John Galt), but never the same person.

tôi is a "special" word for foreigners và media actually. It is not used as much as others in daily life.

Ah, thanks for the correction. I was aware you could get away with all besides one, but I didn't know which one.

>articles

>cases

Be happy English only uses two and half [the, a/an]. Memorizing the German ones was quite annoying.

(Worst part: depending on the article you use, the adjective ending changes.)

>non-phonemic orthographies

conjugation is ebin :D

AAAAAAA WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS

>diacritics

>rolled r's

t. jealous anglo who can't do rolled r

It's not that hard, tbqh. It's just slightly more complex than Portuguese, so not remotely hard to learn. If anything, I only had problems with dir.

shut up

>czsz

Ärrän kierrän orren ympäri :D

>digraphs

?

>tfw nice thicc F- spread her cheeks and lets you conjugation tube enter in her cytoplasm

ITT: bunch of mongoloids with a sub-100 IQ.

>phrasal verbs

Polish is super easy to read, it just looks difficult. It's specially easy for me because the Polish "ę" sounds exactly like the Portuguese "é", and "ą" sounds like "ã", and anyone familiar with nasal vowels can read it perfectly fine. They also have the "zh" (ż) which would be "j" in Portuguese.

It's just as easy for a Polish-speaking person to read Portuguese:
Pão, mão, chão - pą, mą, śą
Pé, fé, café - pę, fę, cafę
Jeito, ajuste, jogar - żeito, ażuste, żogar

>nasal vowels

Gimme some Lithuanian declination off the top of your head, breh. Or Sanskrit, or Greek, for that matter.

The szcz tetragraph is actually quite regular.

>If anything, I only had problems with dir.
But the pronouns are fucking easy if you speak Portuguese... du=tu, dich=te, dir=ti, dein__=teu. That's it.

No... the ogonki are roughly equivalent to tildes, they mark nasal vowels. You're interpreting Ę as akin to É just because both are open, but É in Portuguese is usually oral, not nasal.
"pą, pę" would sound something like "póm, pém".

About Ż: trying to correlate it with Portuguese J is begging for confusion. Portuguese J is akin to Polish Ź (keep your tongue roughly flat); Ż is curled like English/caipira R, but sibilant.

>asians in charge of plurals

Measuring words take care of that.

Not him, but what about Latin? (inb4 acute = macron)

N merda/merdae
V merda/merdae
Ac merdam/merdas
G merdae/merdárum
D merdae/merdís
Ab merdá/merdís

Congrats, now you can talk shit in Latin. Literally.

How does that work? I don't know how they get around it. All I see is singular nouns where there should be plural.

>Vietnam user posts
>It ain't me begins playing

youtube.com/watch?v=2Beda3kFNjo

One apple, two apple. Many apple. Single apple.

I know very little about Polish. I don't know why Poles didn't adopt the Ž instead like South Slavic languages.

I thought you're from Paraná for knowing this much about Slavic languages. I'm not surprised to see that flag. :p

For the same reason Portuguese still keeps cedilla even if redundant and not even the original language (Spanish) uses it anymore: tradition.
(A PITA to write in an ABNT keyboard, though. Just like Ć.)

I did study bits of Polish because, well, "muh heritage"... but it wasn't just that, for me knowing bits of IE languages is convenient.

Ancient Greek.

Kopros, feminine, shit.

Nom kopros kopros
Acc kopron koprous
Gen koprou koprôn
Dat koprôi koprois

Damn autocorrect. Nom pl is koproi

>N->V->Ac->G->D->Ab
>not N->G->D->Ac->V->L->Ab

The noun will be singular.

They get around it by saying something akin to:

One sheet paper.
Two sheet paper.

"Sheet" is the measuring word. It's not so alien to English.

Or:

One glass water.
Two glass water.
One zillion glass water.

And so on...

But they use different measuring words for different things. It's just a handful if I remember correctly. Like:

One "root" book.
Two "root" book...

See:

> Locative

I usually remember N, Ac and G first, since they're the more important. Then I add the ones resembling them below.

Oh shit!

I assume this is the Chinese approach?

Japanese does weird shit in this regard. Most of the time it's implicit, but sometimes you need to use counters/measuring words (like in your example), reduplication or even a suffix (akin to English -s).

Neat. I also learned German because muh heritage and later decided to teach myself Ukrainian (no ancestry, I just love the language), and got overly obsessed with Slavic languages in general. Just a fad though and I eventually lost interest. I still wish to learn Ukrainian but it's practically impossible in RS as they only teach German here. Would be easier to learn Ukrainian if I was living in Paraná, which isn't the case.

I had to remember this shit in HS.Fuck it,fuck German in general.

>kanji with a lot of readings and a lot of meanings

Ah, sprichst du auch die Krautsprache?

Ich habe Polnisch lernen gestoppt, weil Polnisch _mehr_ Deutsch zusammen zu viel Zeit brauchen... aber ich _will_ einmal lernen.

About Ukrainian: it is nowhere common in Curitiba, but if you lie you're an Ukrainian descendent, there's a folkloric group who teaches it for free. (Grupo Poltava, but you need to learn their typical dances too)

>"but if you lie you're an Ukrainian descendant"
>Hi guys, my name is Ernst Krüger von Eisenerz and I'm an Ukrainian descendant just like you guys and I wish to learn Ukrainian.
Just.

>Ah, sprichst du auch die Krautsprache?
Ja aber es ist nicht sehr fliessend, nicht aus standarte Niederdeutsche sicht. Es wurde familien-gelehrt.

>implying declension in Slavic languages is simpler

Also, I forgot to post this:
steen.free.fr/cyrpol/index.html

I know it's bs if you're a hardcore Catholic/traditional Polish, but it's neat if you want something new to explore regarding the Polish language. Also, if you're not a member already:
slavorum.org/forum/

And check the culture & history section, it's amazing.

Retarded huynya.

>more than 5 vowels

>Just.
"It's from mother side of the family and I didn't inherit the surname!"

>Niederdeutsche
Pomerode? Sabe que tá extinto na Europa, né?
And a dialect might not be Standard, but it helps a lot to learn.

About the links: I've seen the first one already. It's quite interesting, but there's no actual pressure for Poles to use it, it's just a nice thought experiment.

Checking the second one now, it's nice, thank you!

Those are for articles, something you don't need to deal with.

Your language has ten, since long vs. short is distinctive.

>no consonant gemination

>agglutinative languages

macedonian doesn't have cases? i thought that that was what slavic languages were notorious for

A à á â ã e é ê i í o õ ó u ú ü.

>"It's from mother side of the family and I didn't inherit the surname!"
>Alright then, just give me your ID so I can sign your subscription here.
>Mother name: Elke Siegmann Krüger
>Father name: Karl Ostmark von Eisenerz
JUST.

>Pomerode?
No, I'm from Serra Gaúcha. Pomerode is in Santa Krauterina also, but yes, Pomeranos speak Niederdeutsch and it's super archaic. And even though most people have Westphalian/Rheinländer (Hunsrückische) ancestry which makes it a lot easier to learn Hochdeutsch through family, that's not my case, as the German side of the family that still speaks German is entirely Pomeranian. Not a problem when it comes to reading or overall comprehension of Hochdeutsch as I'm used to it, but when talking to people they often get lost in the middle. They also say we sound "redneck-ish".

>Those are for articles, something you don't need to deal with.
And yet you still have to deal with declension of nouns, adjectives, pronouns and numerals.

>grammartical genders

there's nothing wrong with agglutination

Iktfb

>dd/mm/yyyy
>given name before family name

i'm with you on this one.

>no grammatical genders

Wow, I know Hungarian names written such as Árpád István but you use yy/mm/dd system as well like us?

>not even Latin

Yes, we r true sons of Turan standing against western degeneracy.

>his language doesn't have its own alphabet

is that alphabet related to old turkic

probs

according to wiki, it is

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Hungarian_alphabet

>having trouble with conjugations
What a pathetic """""language""""" you have there.